Search
Like Tree140Likes

Roche Rapide P12V

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2023, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Roche Rapide P12V

All new design Rapide P12V is coming soon. There's quite a bit of discussion elsewhere already.... thought it deserved its own thread already.

RacinJ, gwhiz, Jamison R and 2 others like this.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for making a thread. We all await new official info!!

Our first shipment - one of three boxes - has arrived in the USA and will start shipping out of RocheRC USA / Sidepieceracing.com on Wednesday
Old 10-04-2023, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

RacinJ, choisan, JCarr and 2 others like this.
Old 10-04-2023, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Alright, finally, some more details!
Old 10-04-2023, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Just placed my order. Seems like a nice blend of the A12 front end and conventional center shock. Love the A12, but this design appeals to me more for some reason. Seems less...finicky? Not quite the word I'm looking for, but will have to do. I don't feel quite as comfortable building/setting up (and knowing if it's done properly) for the A12 rear damper. Not trying to bad-mouth the Awesomatix. It's a beautiful car w/wonderful engineering and excellent manufacturing. Just feel more at home w/this Roche design.

I've been racing the Roche EVO1 EU edition in GT12-RT for the past year, and it's suited me well. In fact, I just built a Club Race Hero (3D printed) version of the Roche car that's also been working well in the class. Looking forward to trying the next evolutionary step in the Roche line.
nik77356 and simple like this.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bentouttashape
Just placed my order. Seems like a nice blend of the A12 front end and conventional center shock. Love the A12, but this design appeals to me more for some reason. Seems less...finicky? Not quite the word I'm looking for, but will have to do. I don't feel quite as comfortable building/setting up (and knowing if it's done properly) for the A12 rear damper. Not trying to bad-mouth the Awesomatix. It's a beautiful car w/wonderful engineering and excellent manufacturing. Just feel more at home w/this Roche design.

I've been racing the Roche EVO1 EU edition in GT12-RT for the past year, and it's suited me well. In fact, I just built a Club Race Hero (3D printed) version of the Roche car that's also been working well in the class. Looking forward to trying the next evolutionary step in the Roche line.
I’m interested to see what AMX USA/Roche USA drivers choose this car over the A12.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Couldn't resist ordered one. Don't even have a track near me. The design is intriguing. Might set up for GT12.
Kyosho Kid likes this.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MikeO
I’m interested to see what AMX USA/Roche USA drivers choose this car over the A12.
That should be interesting. My guess would be none, but we'll see. I still think the A12 has a performance advantage inherent to its design.

Originally Posted by hunterdawg
Couldn't resist ordered one. Don't even have a track near me. The design is intriguing. Might set up for GT12.
Just do what Scott Jakes does and fly to MN to race at MMR! We have some great GT12 racing every week.
simple and hunterdawg like this.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks but too far. Have 2 tracks, but they are 3 hours away. Maybe travel there once or twice a month.
Old 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Roche Rapide P12V - Red RC
Old 10-05-2023, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

This is how you’d adjust pivot ball roll centers correct?
Old 10-05-2023, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeO

This is how you’d adjust pivot ball roll centers correct?
That's what I gather, yes.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nik77356
That's what I gather, yes.
I shot Vesa a message and he confirmed as well.
nik77356 likes this.
Old 10-05-2023, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bentouttashape
I am curious about this rear side spring method and how it will be different. Since the springs move to be above the chassis, when the chassis rolls to one side, the spring on that side no longer compresses, it expands. Therefore, the spring on the other side of the car now becomes responsible for the loaded side of the car. Any engineer types here (I'm a marketing guy) who have thought through how this will be different? Will this create a sort of sway bar effect where the loaded side of the car is allowed to compress and the unloaded side will also have some force pushing to compression? If engineered this way and not just happenstance that the springs fit better higher up, that could be the most innovative design feature of the whole car. The rest is awfully close to an Awsomatix A12 with a link pod. Thoughts?
Old 10-05-2023, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

I wouldn’t think you’re getting a sway bar effect since you’re just moving the spring location. It still affects the same thing (roll) but you’re just moving the spring from the bottom to the top of the pod and compressing the opposite side from convention. Though the motion load on the spring could (should) be different but I’m not sure by how much.

I would think the springs would slightly effect pod droop speed now.

Last edited by MikeO; 10-07-2023 at 09:16 PM. Reason: I have terrible grammar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.