Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hpi sprint 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 04:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool hpi sprint 2

hpi sprint 2 hi people what do yous think of the hpi sprint 2 for a beginner into racing
Old 04-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Good car, very durable, easy to drive, and there are hop up parts available from HPI.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:35 AM
Tech Initiate

^^^^^^^all true.the one major thing that makes it not a great car for the track is the fact that all of the heavy components(battery,motor)are behind the center of the car,so it understeers very badly.great car for parking lot running and stuff like that,but if your going to race get something a bit better.rtr tc4 or something like that.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

This is an excellent car. I think they took some designs from the pr02. It is extremely good for the price easily as good as a tao5 out of the box. The only thing I dont like is its stick packs or saddle only. Unless I find a way to perfectly maintain,discharge nimh stick packs this kit just loses its appeal though.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Derek K
^^^^^^^all true.the one major thing that makes it not a great car for the track is the fact that all of the heavy components(battery,motor)are behind the center of the car,so it understeers very badly.great car for parking lot running and stuff like that,but if your going to race get something a bit better.rtr tc4 or something like that.
It looks like a solid car, and I'll tell ya what- I think it's a lot easier to dial in steering than to dial it out. The last thing I would want to do as a beginner is fight oversteer. Besides, it forces them to go slow. I'll bet its easier to learn on.
-Josh
Old 04-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Initiate

im not knocking the car,thats the car i was given,and it got me into the sport.
its a great car to buy to get out on the track,but once you want to start to make those adjustments to gain more steering it becomes hard.

the car lacks adjustable turnbuckles so you cant easily adjust toe or camber.

if you just want to buy a car and put it on the track its a great car,if your interested in learning set up and how to make a car handle better spend the extra $70-$80 and get something more suited for racing and making changes
Old 04-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default sprint 2

i also have a spint 2 and love it. i just use it to play around with nothing more. but i do have a question for you guys out there. i want more speed out of it? what would be the best to do? change the gearing and buy a new motor? or any combination of those. if so what are ya'lls suggestions? thanks
Old 04-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Initiate

scratch what i said about no adj links,they upgraded those on the sprint2,so,ill eat my words and say it looks better for the track than the sprint.cant beat the price so go for it!!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Derek K - Are you talking about the sprint 2? The kit has almost all the essentials needed apart from the graphite and alum blings, oneways, spool.

martytx1234- The gearing is great for stock to 23 turns. Try it out its a blast to drive.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

I have owned one but never used it. I noticed that there is a lot of flex in the top deck. Its been a while but when I had mine I had a hard time to find parts besides going to hpi. If you are looking for a good starter car, go with a tc3. You can find parts very easy and is a very competive car. Just my 2 cants.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Rookie

yes it is a sprint 2 . i have been talking to a couple of people and what do you think about a 10 turn motor from novak and esc? i just want to get the car about as fast i can. that is about it.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by martytx1234
yes it is a sprint 2 . i have been talking to a couple of people and what do you think about a 10 turn motor from novak and esc? i just want to get the car about as fast i can. that is about it.
novak dosent make motors unless there brushless... is brushless what you are talking about?
Old 04-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

I would probably not go with that low wind of a motor. A 19 turn motor will work very nice and you wont have to replace the speedo. Make sure to keep an eye on the belt tension as it is adjusted for the factory motor from the box. With a little adjustment of the upper plate braces you can fit regular battery packs into the car with little fuss, I ran mine at SoCal a couple of months ago just for fun and had a good time. The only change I made to the car was to change the rear hub carriers to the optional carriers included with the kit to reduce the amount of rear tow-in which helped with more on throttle steering.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Rookie

yes brushless is what i meant!!! what do you think about the brushless motors?
Old 04-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by martytx1234
yes brushless is what i meant!!! what do you think about the brushless motors?
brushless motors are good motors but they are expensive and require there own esc...u wouldnt want to put a brushless motor in a sprint for a good reason, if you dont know how to control the car very well you should not use a brushless becuase at higher speed the car tends to do things that you wouldnt expect eg:erotic handeling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.