Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree126Likes

Schumacher eclipse 5

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TrevCoult
Definitely right (spur) side when using an XFactor at least as that motor is end bell heavy. That is what Sam does.
Aha, didn't know that. As I have seen setups use motorspacers, I thought it was usually the other way around. I usually check weight distribution by first doing "tweak" with no springs and moving weight around. Haven't really paid that much attention to the rear pod, any good pointers on how to best check it? just put the chassis on blocks and seeing if the pod sags?
Old 02-05-2024, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MartinSorlie
Aha, didn't know that. As I have seen setups use motorspacers, I thought it was usually the other way around. I usually check weight distribution by first doing "tweak" with no springs and moving weight around. Haven't really paid that much attention to the rear pod, any good pointers on how to best check it? just put the chassis on blocks and seeing if the pod sags?
That would work if you remove side springs and dampers. The ideal way is to remove the pod altogether and put on pins and make it balance centrally but is probably overkill as it only really needs to be in the ballpark, not exact.
Old 02-05-2024, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

As Trevor says. The Xfactor is pretty light. With the G3 or G4 I need to use motorspacers (2mm).

For Pod balancing I disconnect the sidelinks, the tubes, but put on a pair of rearwheels so it won't fall that hard and is a bit easier to balance. Dont forget a pinion. (Picture is whithout tires).

Then I use the same pins to balance a regular car, of the schumacher U3852. The front pin kan be shifted left to right, make sure it's centerd. Or else the balacing will be off.

Regards Robert
Robbob likes this.

Last edited by Robert K; 02-06-2024 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-10-2024, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm 99% sure I know what your problem is.

As long as you have made sure your pod is straight, your links are free, but not sloppy, and that the tweak is ok, there is one more thing that is very easy to overlook. It's kind of hard to check, but hold the chassis where the links are mounted with your thumb and middle finger, and do the same on the pod. Try to feel the slop in your center pivot. Most probably it is some slop. Use AW- grease or some other nice grease on the ball, and tighten as much as you can without it binding.

Your car will feel amazing
Checked pivot, good. Balanced rear pod, good now. Checked axle spacing, good. Still pulls left on power.....

Could it be a characteristic of running a spool or the track itself?

Last edited by chjosi; 02-12-2024 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chjosi
Checked pivot, good. Balanced rear pod, good now. Checked axle spacing, good. Still pulls left on power.....

It's the spool, my car will do this if I hit a spot on the track that has low traction. My F1 car does it too when I have the spool in it.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JCarr
It's the spool, my car will do this if I hit a spot on the track that has low traction. My F1 car does it too when I have the spool in it.
I am going to throw a diff in it for the next race day and see what happens. Easy enough to swap back to spool.
JCarr likes this.
Old 02-13-2024, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

Probalby the factors you are suggesting. However did you check that both clamps are thightend enough? With EFRA mod I sometimes am "too soft" on the RH Clamp and under power you hear it will move a bit.

Regards Robert
Old 02-14-2024, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert K
Probalby the factors you are suggesting. However did you check that both clamps are thightend enough? With EFRA mod I sometimes am "too soft" on the RH Clamp and under power you hear it will move a bit.

Regards Robert
I checked both clamps and tried to twist them by hand on the bench without movement. I should mark the axle and hubs to double check after a run.
Old 02-17-2024, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Are you using a carbon axle in spool?
Carbon axle twists noticeably when power is applied and the left tire has a slight initial lag compare to the right tire.
Steel axle doesn't have this problem due to better torsion resistance.
Old 02-17-2024, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anybody have an idea if the Eclipse 4 and 5 share the same body post setup?
In case they are, I uploaded a bumper for the eclipse 4 to thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6490030
Have fun with it if it fits.
Old 02-17-2024, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Carbon axle twists noticeably when power is applied and the left tire has a slight initial lag compare to the right tire.
Yes, I am running the stock carbon axle. Thank you for the information!
Old 02-17-2024, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Where do I look for non-carbon spools?
Old 02-18-2024, 02:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Where do I look for non-carbon spools?
Try A12 car steel spool.
Old 02-18-2024, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quante
Anybody have an idea if the Eclipse 4 and 5 share the same body post setup?
In case they are, I uploaded a bumper for the eclipse 4 to thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6490030
Have fun with it if it fits.
Yes they do.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Carpet has a grain. I think I suggested it before but wait during practice and run the straight backwards. More than likely it will pull the toward the same side and the opposite direction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.