Search
Like Tree75Likes

Xpress Arrow AT1S

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 05:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Steve
Due to the weight of the car and what it takes to balance it out, it does make sense to use a shorty pack. I built mine 50/50 F/R with a full size pack, but it was difficult to achieve this without making the car overweight. Shorty would be much easier if nothing else.

I like the way my car handles @ 50/50 but I've only raced 21.5, it could well be different in a faster class. The fast guys have found more weight forward, as much as 52/48 F/R is faster, at least in the faster classes.

I was going to give it a go, but the battery plate I bought for an AT1 doesn't fit the AT1S as the motor mount is different.
Should be easy enough to cut off a corner of that plate to get it to fit.
Old 05-31-2023, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team Steve

I like the way my car handles @ 50/50 but I've only raced 21.5, it could well be different in a faster class. The fast guys have found more weight forward, as much as 52/48 F/R is faster, at least in the faster classes.

Looks like there's space for a mid-front motor chassis option, similar to TB-05/Evo7-8, that should be close to 50/50 without any ballast.
Old 07-05-2023, 02:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm pleased to find the inside the the gear cases to be free of any wear particles/dust as others have reported. There is no noticeable wear after a few months of racing. I used a dry PTFE spray on the gears.

The prop shaft vibrations were always a concern to me so I decided to upgrade to the alloy prop shaft. It's a direct fit, and has removed all the vibrations. A worthwhile upgrade in my opinion.

MonkeyCmonkeyDo likes this.
Old 07-14-2023, 10:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Centred the fan position with this Exotek mount. Air will be blowing across the whole can now, not just just half. Hopefully provides better cooling. Risky though I know.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 07-15-2023, 01:52 AM
Tech Champion

Doesn't look any riskier than the stock arrangement. I've already broken a couple fans and a fan mount.
Old 11-05-2023, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Finally stripped the gears in the rear gearbox. Fortunately the car still handled fine FWD to finish the race, just lacked some punch coming out of the corners. A quick swap with the beige ones for the last race and it was back in action.
Old 01-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the XQ2S and AT1S body mounts are in the same locations?
Old 01-15-2024, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ChadoSan
Does anyone know if the XQ2S and AT1S body mounts are in the same locations?
Yes those two match.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

One of the internal screws in the diff came loose and destroyed the side gears. The parts are cheap, but I decided to upgrade to the AT1 diff. They all slotted in, tuned free without any noticeable binding. However, the spool had no noticeable backlash/play which I didn't like. There is not a lot of adjustment available but it is possible to move one of the 0.1mm shims to the other side which made the difference.

Old 01-19-2024, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

I had one of my screws come loose a few weeks before Christmas. Fortunately no damage but I was running FWD for the remainder of the run. They're a bit of a pain to fix in a hurry.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Going to pick up one of these to race in VTA on CRC carpet as my first race-level TC (I've raced off-road and Mini-Z for about 3 years now) and planning to get the beige gears, DCJ front driveshafts, and aluminum hexes to start- Anything else I should buy to go with it? I've got my electronics already and am looking foward to getting into on-road racing this year.