Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Tamiya TB Evolution V

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys.. just want some quick information so I don't have to search through heaps of pages...

Does anyone make a steel or alloy diff or bevel gear for the evo 5 yet? (to prevent striped front diff gears)

Anyone know a good place to pick up an evo 5 (looking to get 1 but would rather get 2 for spares).

Cheers...
Old 11-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

@RR... 27t at the moment, although going to be using it in 19t later this month

@rcnewb2004... I understand it's best to not flush out ceramics from new, as they naturally throw out greese, free up over time. Although like anything with a surface contact, a bit of light lubing will help when beyond this stage.
And with regard to the free spin thing... it's more important in stock, where your looking for as high efficiency as possible. The freeer you can make the drivetrain, the easier it will be for the car to accelerate. Plus it gives good bragging rights ...

@Nautilian... The spacers are placed underneath the suspension blocks, and raise the roll centre. It's a coarser adjustment than adjusting the rc on the camber links. Obviously, the thicker the spacers, the higher the rc.

HiH
Ed
Old 11-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

@ TryHard. i have a few more questions.

1. What 27T motor are you running?
2. what kind of rollout do you use for your track?
3. are you running rubber or foams?
4. what's your setup like?

thanks
Old 11-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dragonfire

Does anyone make a steel or alloy diff or bevel gear for the evo 5 yet? (to prevent striped front diff gears)
AFAIK no-one has released any optional gears yet. Tamiya have displayed the car with some white gears and some hard-andozed looking alloy gears but neither has been released.

I stripped my first front bevel gear a few weeks ago running 19T - my car had done about 11 race meetings.

I completely stripped 2 teeth from the front bevel gear during qualifying, I had no spares, so just shimmed it up pretty tight and it lasted for the 3 A-Mains
Old 11-10-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RocketRacer
@ TryHard. i have a few more questions.

1. What 27T motor are you running?
2. what kind of rollout do you use for your track?
3. are you running rubber or foams?
4. what's your setup like?

thanks
1) EA Motorsports CO27
2) geared at 96spur 30/31 pinion, reasonable sized indoor track (varies each week, but last time was 11second laps)
3) Rubber tyres (Vtec 24R)
4) not far off stock... actually thats a bit of a lie. I'll note it down tonight and post it up... although do note, I have things I'm still trying on the car to get it nailed. Having said that, it's still been good enough for me to TQ and win the past two clubs meets I've been too

HiH
Ed
Old 11-10-2006, 02:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TryHard
1) EA Motorsports CO27
2) geared at 96spur 30/31 pinion, reasonable sized indoor track (varies each week, but last time was 11second laps)
4) not far off stock... actually thats a bit of a lie. I'll note it down tonight and post it up... although do note, I have things I'm still trying on the car to get it nailed. Having said that, it's still been good enough for me to TQ and win the past two clubs meets I've been too

HiH
Ed
You been Racing on your own again then ED
Old 11-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

1) EA Motorsports CO27

HiH
Ed
thanks for that Ed. i look forward to checking your setup. compared to your 415 how do you rate the Evo 5?
Old 11-10-2006, 03:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RocketRacer
thanks for that Ed. i look forward to checking your setup. compared to your 415 how do you rate the Evo 5?
TBH, it's been a while since I ran the 415 (over 2 months now), but from memory I did find the 415 smoother...the evo seems more snappy. But both are quick cars.
Hopefully I'll get the new chassis for my MRE sorted in the next few weeks, so I can do a back to back with them.

Cheers
Ed
Old 11-10-2006, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

I drive modified and there´s a big difference between the Evo V and 415. A lot more "punch" in the Evo V due to the very free drivetrain. This also makes the car harder to drive. With a 27 or 19 turn motor the car is one of the best chassis around. If you drive mod go for belt.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

mines 15 sec with wheels ON. Grab the rear wheels, and spin as hard as possible... or just grab a front one and spin the drivetrain backwards (the front oneway helps here... locks up nicely being spun backwards ).

HiH
Ed
thanks for clearing that up Tryhard, others have said 15 secs wheels off which got me puzzled lol...

i must say though with wheels off my previous AE tc4 seemed to spool up alot free-er
Old 11-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

rcmodel has the new transparent plastic covers for sale, but the gear covers are exactly the same. At least this way we can see if there is dust inside very quickly.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB Evolution V-blue.jpg  
Old 11-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

does anyone have insider information on whether or not Tamiya will release a spool for the evoV?
Old 11-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone else had any problem with there steering not being able to go to full lock? It goes to the right full and then some. I have the radio turned up all the way, dual rates and epa and still it come short. I tried moving the ball stud on the knuckle to the inside hole and it closer but its really buging me. I like to set it to full and turn it down so I know its the same on both sides.

Thanks
Old 11-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

OK i just tried it with my m8 and I still can't get full, the m8 will let me go higher but the servo will not go anymore and the KO will let it go further but only to the right!!
Old 11-19-2006, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

did you cut the servo as per intsructions or are u using a diff. kind, ckeck if it's hitting something or maybe yyour TB's are not of the same lenght.

Originally Posted by drew85
Has anyone else had any problem with there steering not being able to go to full lock? It goes to the right full and then some. I have the radio turned up all the way, dual rates and epa and still it come short. I tried moving the ball stud on the knuckle to the inside hole and it closer but its really buging me. I like to set it to full and turn it down so I know its the same on both sides.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.