Search

[{(Settings for TA0-4)}]

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default PSYCHO

Originally posted by psycho
That's definitely one of my biggest complaints about the car. I have to switch spurs all the time to get the right gearing because I run up against the limit of sliding the motor in. If you enlarge the slots, the car will be TCS illegal and tech will call you on it. They know what gear combination fits without enlarging the slots. A buddy of mine tried to slip past tech and got called on it.
yep its not TCS legal, do only for Open races, but you can still do it and join TCS but do not go beyond the limit of the stock spur pinion combinations of the orig, holes.

Your set up worked well for me, thanks! I guess the set up that I posted was for bumpy tracks!!!
Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 01-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

lem2

Cool. I experimented with a lot of different setups on the car and initially started off with yellow front/red rear springs and had trouble getting the car to run less than .5 sec/lap slower than my XXX-S. Once I went with the stiffer springs, I was able to get much closer to the laptimes I run in mt XXX-S. I still can't get it to go as fast, but that doesn't matter for the classes that I race my 04 in.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys. Wasup! Have any of you seen the penguin-rc chassis for the ta04??? www.penguinrc.com click on products and clock on tamiya. You'll see the carbonfiber chassis. Is it legal in races? Are you able to use any chassis in a race? thx
Old 01-21-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default Chassis

The Penguin Chassis, is really nice, If you are joining TCS raaces, then you can't use it but for local club races by all means!!! BUY IT!!
Old 01-21-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Rookie

what do you mean by tcs races? Im sorry im new to r/c. I've raced micros and started racing my ta04^^
Old 01-21-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by norcalidrifter
what do you mean by tcs races? Im sorry im new to r/c. I've raced micros and started racing my ta04^^
TCS is TAMIYA CHampionship Series, wherein only Tamiya Cars and Hop Up parts are allowed.

The Lightweight tub chassis is also nice, but to add Bling Bling not to mention sturdier chassis, penguin is great! Just dunno how thick it is.
Lem
Old 01-23-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Entropy
Hi everyone

I'll be getting a TA04R soon. I would like to know how this car performs vs the other pro level cars like TC3, Yok SD, Pro4 etc...?

Are there any flaws in handling I should look out for?

Which parts should I look out for in terms of breakage?

Are there any must have hop ups for this car?

The reason why I'm getting his kit is because I can join all the races (open and tamiya series) in my own country. I had half a mind to get a Yok CGM or Hpi Pro4 before but Tamiya's support is overwhelming in almost all LHS where I live.

Please help me get out of this dilemma. Thanks
nobody wants to talk with me...
Old 01-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Entropy
Hi everyone

I'll be getting a TA04R soon. I would like to know how this car performs vs the other pro level cars like TC3, Yok SD, Pro4 etc...?

It will not be as fast, I don't know why. Maybe Psycho Knows?

Are there any flaws in handling I should look out for?
No flaws-- Its a great driveable car once you tune it up right!

Which parts should I look out for in terms of breakage?
It's Built Like a TANK!!!! no breakage!! but you could change the knuckles to after market aluminum, but not necessarry.

Are there any must have hop ups for this car?
Hmmmm, Hop it up to the max! almum, steering arms, center, front one way, alum hinge pin holders, ti screws, sway bars and complete set of springs, you can go ballistic here, depends on how deep your pocket will be. hehehehe I did!!

The reason why I'm getting his kit is because I can join all the races (open and tamiya series) in my own country. I had half a mind to get a Yok CGM or Hpi Pro4 before but Tamiya's support is overwhelming in almost all LHS where I live.

That's whats important, LHS Support!!!

Please help me get out of this dilemma. Thanks
Hope that clears up some things!

Just a tip: Go withthe TAO4-R TRF or Tuned KIt, it willbe cost effctive that way, just but a lightweight tub chassis.

And use two upper deck!!!! It reallyhelps stiffen up the car!!!

Lem
Old 01-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Here ya go!!

Choose from the two!!
http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...4trf/index.htm
if you are getting this, buythe TUB Chassis, Lightweight! it performs better with it!! and just trade the lower deck with and Upper deck and use two!

http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...uned/index.htm

Only diffrence of this one is the aluminum, hinge pin holders! You can just buy that instead later on.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info lem2!!!

Unfortunately I've gotten the TA04R already. So I'll slowly hop it up. Meanwhile I'll also be saving up for a pro kit which I will get later in the year.

I've already got a few hop ups in mind I will get over the next few weeks.

Gonna run the car and see how things go!
Old 01-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Entropy

Since you have the R version, there's really not a lot that you need to do with it. The car comes with the best shocks made by any brand and it is very capable right out of the box. I would suggest that you get the lightweight diff halves. They are a bit spendy ($20 per set in the US,) but they are much lighter than the kit outdrives and will last longer. The carbon fiber shock towers are a good hopup as well since the kit ones tend to flex under hard cornering. Otherwise, maybe a front one-way suits your track conditions and/or driving style and a full set of the hard touring car springs are worthwhile investments. It's a competition level car right out of the box.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Hello -

I may be getting a hopped up TA04 with a carbon fiber pan chassis conversion.

My question is....

Are 414 bulkheads able to fit on this chassis? Or are the bolt holes in different spots? I know the cars (TA04 and 414) share a lot of parts, just wondering if this is possible... Other than that, the car I might be buying is very nice - all carbon fiber, threaded shocks and extra parts...

So do people think this is a good deal? Or are the plastic bulkheads of the TA04 really a liability?

Thanks in advance

Dave
Old 03-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm 99% sure the bolt pattern for the 04 and the 414 for the transmission cases and the suspension mounts are different.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the input -

So does anyone else think it is worthwhile to stay with a TA04 kit?

thanks

Dave
Old 03-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

It depends on what you plan to do with it. For club racing that car is fine. If you want to race TCS, you will only be able to race GT1 with a carbon double deck chassis, so you might want to get a tub chassis for it which will allow you to race all the sedan classes. It's a very capable car and easy to drive, so I think it's a good choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.