Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree76Likes

Destiny RX-10SR 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 12:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by taztal3
anyone know what good body for destiny rx-10sr 3.0 touring car ??

Twister Speciale for us 👍
Old 12-18-2022, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

008-racer pm sent
Old 12-19-2022, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

this worked out pretty well this weekend
Old 12-19-2022, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Congrats
Old 12-24-2022, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

So I have my car ready for USGT racing. My question is, what spare parts will I be needing to keep on hand? Weak points, or parts that often fail. The car looks great, can't wait to get in on the carpet.
Old 12-24-2022, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MidwestRacer
So I have my car ready for USGT racing. My question is, what spare parts will I be needing to keep on hand? Weak points, or parts that often fail. The car looks great, can't wait to get in on the carpet.
Front and rear camber plates love to bend on these definitely need spares, I made carbon in the end which have lasted well.

The driveshaft blades on the front spool like to split and crack in a 5min run or two so are basically consumables (suppose depending on how much power/brakes you have as in UK it's 17.5/13.5/mod)

Seen a few bent front driveshafts too on impacts, bent one myself on piping but was surprised how little impact it took (must have been the perfect angle in my case)

Keep spares of the little o ring by the spur as they like to snap or be cut off during spur change lol.

Keep an eye on bolts and ball ends coming loose (like on all cars) Ive found mine really likes to loosen the top links on the bulkhead ends.

Ball ends are also soft aluminium seen a few of those bend.

MidwestRacer likes this.
Old 12-24-2022, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chrisimp
Front and rear camber plates love to bend on these definitely need spares, I made carbon in the end which have lasted well.

The driveshaft blades on the front spool like to split and crack in a 5min run or two so are basically consumables (suppose depending on how much power/brakes you have as in UK it's 17.5/13.5/mod)

Seen a few bent front driveshafts too on impacts, bent one myself on piping but was surprised how little impact it took (must have been the perfect angle in my case)

Keep spares of the little o ring by the spur as they like to snap or be cut off during spur change lol.

Keep an eye on bolts and ball ends coming loose (like on all cars) Ive found mine really likes to loosen the top links on the bulkhead ends.

Ball ends are also soft aluminum seen a few of those bend.
Thanks. By camber plates, I assume you are referring to the plates the toe links hook to that bolt to the steering knuckles, correct? The other stuff is pretty much standard touring car stuff I am used to. I found a clear blue thread lock that works wonders on all the aluminum threaded parts.
Old 02-13-2023, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

So, I have been doing some testing and have my first race in USGT with the car. I have found quite a bit of speed with the car now. The biggest changes have been 2.5mm spacer added under upper/inner arm pivots, 1mm less shim on pivot balls on the steering center plate. I am running a Yokomo rear springs. 2.6 and 2.65 have both been really good, with 2.6 giving slightly more steering. I managed to podium the first race i ran the car. I am about a tenth off the top 2 for fast laps, but I am also not running a Bwoah body, and I run a 3 year old motor and battery. They both run AX with all the best and latest electronics and batteries. I drove the 2nd place driver's car and could not turn any faster lap with it than my Destiny, so I feel like the tenth of a second is most likely just skill level. I also run the race program, so I did not get any test time and just 1 heat race that day. Let's hear how others have been doing with the car.
DARKSIDE and V8 Rumble like this.

Last edited by MidwestRacer; 02-13-2023 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 02-13-2023, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MidwestRacer
So, I have been doing some testing and have my first race in USGT with the car. I have found quite a bit of speed with the car now. The biggest changes have been 2.5mm spacer added under upper/inner arm pivots, 1mm less shim on pivot balls on the steering center plate. I am running a Yokomo rear springs. 2.6 and 2.65 have both been really good, with 2.6 giving slightly more steering. I managed to podium the first race i ran the car. I am about a tenth off the top 2 for fast laps, but I am also not running a Bwoah body, and a 3 year old motor and battery. They both run AX with all the best and latest electronics and batteries. I drove the 2nd place drivers car, and could not turn any faster lap with it than my Destiny, so I feel like the tenth of a second is most likely just skill level. I also run the race program, so I did not get any test time and just 1 heat race that day. Lets hear how others have been doing witht the car.
thats what I like to hear...thank you for the info and update
Old 02-22-2023, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi,
Had my first run with the 3.0 last weekend in 13.5 and I came away quite happy with it, Only made a few small changes from the stock setup and only using a few of the option parts available I have a good base setup.

Last edited by Taffyjnr5; 02-22-2023 at 03:28 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-27-2023, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

More of an FYI for ppl. This car is very sensitive to diff oil wt.

My 3.0 was brilliant when i first got it (Very low grip asphalt). towards the end of the year made big changes for a high grip track and after returning it back to stock settings it had changed in to a very unstable car.
Off power and neutral power it would over rotate/spin out. i tried every change i could think off but nothing worked - body, chassis, deck, suspension, tyres radio, esc settings etc

In the end it was the rear gear diff. I was running 3k oil in it, my friend lent me one with 5k and it felt softer than my 3k. The car settled right down, so I rebuilt mine with 3k again and its back to how it was when i first started running it.
I assume in a crash it put some pressure into the outdrives, it wasn't enough to feel turning it by hand but the binding was enough to unsettle the car.
I'd like to point out too - another friend with an ARC has 5k in his diff that feels like putty compared to ours with 5k but the ARC is dialled in.

DavidNERODease and typhon92 like this.

Last edited by Monsta; 02-27-2023 at 04:03 PM. Reason: added a pic :)
Old 02-28-2023, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Monsta

My 3.0 was brilliant when i first got it (Very low grip asphalt). towards the end of the year made big changes for a high grip track and after returning it back to stock settings it had changed in to a very unstable car.
Off power and neutral power it would over rotate/spin out. i tried every change i could think off but nothing worked - body, chassis, deck, suspension, tyres radio, esc settings etc

In the end it was the rear gear diff. I was running 3k oil in it, my friend lent me one with 5k and it felt softer than my 3k. The car settled right down, so I rebuilt mine with 3k again and its back to how it was when i first started running it.
I assume in a crash it put some pressure into the outdrives, it wasn't enough to feel turning it by hand but the binding was enough to unsettle the car.
I'd like to point out too - another friend with an ARC has 5k in his diff that feels like putty compared to ours with 5k but the ARC is dialled in.

good information...thank you
Old 02-28-2023, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monsta

Are all the diff fluids the same brands? Also how fresh were the fluids when testing? I think between different brands you may see the difference. Good info nonetheless
Old 03-05-2023, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone heard more on the new bushing front drive shafts that are supposed to be available this month? I am anxiously awaiting to order them. I feel like this is the only thing this platform is lacking to be as fast as AX and Xray cars. I am so close, but the driveshaft drag in long sweeping on power corners is all where i feel it will help.
chjosi likes this.
Old 03-15-2023, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.