Search
Like Tree620Likes

3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2023, 05:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alana07
Having viewed the manual online, and you having the actual Cero Sports kit in possession, can you confirm the chassis can only accept regular length stick packs but not shorty packs? Thanks in advance.
Confirmed.
Old 05-30-2023, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

3Racing Cero Sport just arrived at TQ RC Racing.
FYI, Thank you.
https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...?s_maker_id=56

Taz_S, over gear, Marcos.J and 3 others like this.
Old 05-31-2023, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the Sport lower arms have the v1 or v2 dimensions?
Old 06-05-2023, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

The shocks on the Cera sport are composite or actual aluminium?
Old 06-06-2023, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

I haven't started on the shocks yet but I think they are plastic. already stripped out one of the rear upper arms trying to get the turnbuckle grub screw started and ended up over penetrating the ball cup breaking it in half. only place with them in stock is Hong Kong.

Damn looks like top fuel has the parts in stock. bummer.
Old 06-07-2023, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slappomatt
I haven't started on the shocks yet but I think they are plastic. already stripped out one of the rear upper arms trying to get the turnbuckle grub screw started and ended up over penetrating the ball cup breaking it in half. only place with them in stock is Hong Kong.

https://racevta.com/store/index.php?route=common/home has parts also
Old 06-07-2023, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Use a 3 mm tap in the plastic first, will help avoid stripping
JimBo1008 likes this.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

I dont have a 4mm reverse thread tap sadly.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 06-08-2023, 04:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Not sayin', just sayin'...I've built three Ceros (two Ace and one sport) and have yet to strip out one of these upper arms. I am absolutely nothing special so I don't understand how people are having issues. I wonder if there are a few different core pin sets they are using in their mold tooling creating some variability. Either way, it seems possible to get these together without issue.
Old 06-08-2023, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dont have a 4mm reverse thread tap sadly.
When I built my Ultra I drilled out the ball cup hole a little bit before running the screw in. The holes are undersized for a 4mm by quite a bit. I did the same for the arm and tapped the arm. I have been running the car since November without a issue. Bw sure to use the included holder when threading into the ball cup. It makes things a lot easier.
Old 06-08-2023, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 92mnstanger
Not sayin', just sayin'...I've built three Ceros (two Ace and one sport) and have yet to strip out one of these upper arms. I am absolutely nothing special so I don't understand how people are having issues. I wonder if there are a few different core pin sets they are using in their mold tooling creating some variability. Either way, it seems possible to get these together without issue.
The issue is with the A-arm, not the ball cup (eyelet). The way I first tried to assemble it was screw the turnbuckle into the eyelet, then turn the whole thing to thread it into the arm. Since the hole in the arm was way tighter than the hole in the eyelet, it just screwed into the eyelet until it bottomed out and then broke the eyelet. Also, the arm appears to made of tougher stuff (carbon?) than the eyelet, so even drilling the arm out a bit larger didn't really help. Process I came up with is run a 4mm (right-hand) tap through the arm, screw the turnbuckle LH end into the eyelet until only 1 thread is left visible, then screw the RH end into the arm.
Old 06-08-2023, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

it was the last one I had an issue with. parts already came in. the super expensive fedex option from HK is worth it. order to door step like 3 days. car is all done sans shocks. I HATE building shocks. always have. lol

does anyone have a setup sheet for asphalt parking lot racing? TIA
Old 06-09-2023, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Raman
Use a 3 mm tap in the plastic first, will help avoid stripping
The turnbuckle in the upper arms is 4mm.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 06-10-2023, 03:55 AM
Tech Master

it was the last one I had an issue with. parts already came in. the super expensive fedex option from HK is worth it. order to door step like 3 days. car is all done sans shocks. I HATE building shocks. always have. lol

does anyone have a setup sheet for asphalt parking lot racing? TIA
These are the nicest I have ever built. New experience was just a few days ago while doing maintenance I removed them to change the oil. I wish I had taken a picture of the white paper towel I used to drain the shocks on. The oil was nearly as clean as the new stuff I put in. The kicker was this was after running the car since October. Yes that is a long time on shocks but really cool to see that you don't need to do that task as often as I once did.
Raman likes this.
Old 06-10-2023, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by old_dude
The turnbuckle in the upper arms is 4mm.
Use a 4 mm tap then 😉, as for the counter tap, maybe borrow one from NASA 🤦🏻

I don’t have one of these yet, I’ve been kicking the tyres before I pull the trigger.

My current asphalt car should be sold tomorrow. Seems my only available choice would be an Ultra Ace with Carbon chassis,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.