3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2 >

3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2

Like Tree3Likes

3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2

Old 04-16-2023, 02:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by UncleDon
Standing by for the setup!

still building up my first ACE, still got 1 in the box. beautiful build quality! can't wait to get them on the track
I'm looking forward to seeing some setup sheets as well.

I got the s64 dialed in easily but man the Cero just doesn't wanna cooperate.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Delete

Last edited by Isaac; 04-21-2023 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-01-2023, 05:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
Could you please share the setups you are using? Alu chassis version?
Old 05-01-2023, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Received my steel bushings over the weekend and swapped them out. The ball bearings were already showing wear on the outer races and still had lots of play in them. I have maybe 3-4 hours total running the car, that's it. I heard some better Japanese bearings were introduced but the steel bushings seem to be the ticket. The bushings have NO play and once installed really tightened up the assembly. Now really the only play I have from outdrive to wheel nut is the double cardan and cv joints themselves. Don't know if you noticed this but I sure did. I wonder how that is going to play out on the track... Since both of these joints are covered by sleeves I elected to lightly grease them with some high performance fishing reel grease, Penn Precision to be exact. There is a very slight bit drag present but you cannot feel anything when you twist them. I'm sure some grease may work itself out so I'll be watching for the mess but I think this is better lubrication for these type of joints than light machine oil. I wish 3Racing would make our outdrives out of Delrin, would save a lot of weight. Wonder why that stuff isn't used more...expensive? Hard to manufacture?
Old 05-03-2023, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chozwoz
Received my steel bushings over the weekend and swapped them out. The ball bearings were already showing wear on the outer races and still had lots of play in them. I have maybe 3-4 hours total running the car, that's it. I heard some better Japanese bearings were introduced but the steel bushings seem to be the ticket. The bushings have NO play and once installed really tightened up the assembly. Now really the only play I have from outdrive to wheel nut is the double cardan and cv joints themselves. Don't know if you noticed this but I sure did. I wonder how that is going to play out on the track... Since both of these joints are covered by sleeves I elected to lightly grease them with some high performance fishing reel grease, Penn Precision to be exact. There is a very slight bit drag present but you cannot feel anything when you twist them. I'm sure some grease may work itself out so I'll be watching for the mess but I think this is better lubrication for these type of joints than light machine oil. I wish 3Racing would make our outdrives out of Delrin, would save a lot of weight. Wonder why that stuff isn't used more...expensive? Hard to manufacture?
I understand that the spool in the sport may be that. I had a VBC car and the spool had those outdrives. Ran them for years with just pin in the shaft.
Old 05-03-2023, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by old_dude
I understand that the spool in the sport may be that. I had a VBC car and the spool had those outdrives. Ran them for years with just pin in the shaft.
U
O just looked that chassis up and was it a Wildfire? Looks like a nice ride. Pictures show what looks like a Delrin front spool pulley and the rear diff pulley. Parts list said outdrives were 7075 aluminum though. Not doubting you just wanted to to see for myself. Perhaps the Delrin ones were a hopup part? I'd love to try and find those parts and try to retro fit them between the S64 bulkheads!
Old 05-04-2023, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chozwoz
U
O just looked that chassis up and was it a Wildfire? Looks like a nice ride. Pictures show what looks like a Delrin front spool pulley and the rear diff pulley. Parts list said outdrives were 7075 aluminum though. Not doubting you just wanted to to see for myself. Perhaps the Delrin ones were a hopup part? I'd love to try and find those parts and try to retro fit them between the S64 bulkheads!
It was and the spool was Delrin outdrives and the diff was aluminum. It runs Delrin shoes on the diff end. I tried to put it in the Cero but bulkhead spacing isn't a match.
Old 05-06-2023, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Guys Store Is lIve parts in stock
https://www.raceincusa.net/
Old 05-07-2023, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by amp3d
I'm looking forward to seeing some setup sheets as well.

I got the s64 dialed in easily but man the Cero just doesn't wanna cooperate.
I haven't driven mine until now, but I can already spot strange things in the basic setup.

What are your symptoms? off-power oversteering? snapping rotations? on-power oversteering?
Old 05-08-2023, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Here is a setup i ran this weekend on glued down black crc carpet. high bite. but not high enough for us to be on gravity tires.

Im no setup king. But this was so easy to drive, and drive hard when needed. had just a touch bit of on power push off the corner. but car was super stable and so easy to drive. i started with Axon 2.5-2.8 front springs, and 2.6 rear springs. but liked the mugen springs better.

Anyone thats skeptical on trying this car, dont be. its awesome. ive ran a '22 xray, and an Mi8. and this little rig is just as good, at half the cost. zero broken parts. about 3 good solid race days on the car and not showing any wear on metal parts, or anything bent from a hard crash. shes a tough little car.

mistake on my sheet. Lower front arm mount shims is 2 not 3.

Old 05-22-2023, 01:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all, I finally bought a Cero Ultra ACE, I own the carbon chassis (V2) also and I'm in 5:5 configuration. I like this car, It's well made but I noticed both chassis have the milled chassis too close to center of spur gear. I'm using the smallest spur gear (62T 48p) to get 4.5 FDR but I can't get motor in the milling . I put pictures on the Facebook page (Sakura Cero Ultra). I'm not allowed to post the picture or link here yet.
nyone noticed this problem? It's not easy to get right final ratio expecially in stock class...

Old 05-22-2023, 04:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have two Aces. One is at 4.13 with 87/40 and the other one is at 3.22 with 78/46. Neither car has the motor directly centered in the milling but the very lowest point of the motor can would ideally take advantage of a part of the milled out section. This is only a few mm wide. Neither of my cars do and I can see a small indented portion on my motor can and the edge on both cars. I didn't notice until you brought it up since I couldn't tell on the track and I'm still not sure how much I care that it can touch under flex. Heck it could have happened during my traction rolls.

Old 05-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

so whats your guys thoughts on the cero sport version?
Old 05-25-2023, 07:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I liked it enough to buy it. Mine came 60/40. I suppose they all might. I was kind of hoping for 50/50. First couple of thoughts from the build. Definitely clean the bearings. They are packed with something thick. I use IPA in a cheap jewelry ultrasonic cleaner then whatever bearing oil you like. Make sure to snap the arms on before you finish tightening the ball studs. This may be obvious to ball joint car owners but this is a $100 car, so it's entry level and I don't think its as explicit as the AMX manuals. We have a small club meet Sunday. I am hoping to toss a 27T in this and go rip up the asphalt parking lot.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 92mnstanger
I liked it enough to buy it. Mine came 60/40. I suppose they all might. I was kind of hoping for 50/50. First couple of thoughts from the build. Definitely clean the bearings. They are packed with something thick. I use IPA in a cheap jewelry ultrasonic cleaner then whatever bearing oil you like. Make sure to snap the arms on before you finish tightening the ball studs. This may be obvious to ball joint car owners but this is a $100 car, so it's entry level and I don't think its as explicit as the AMX manuals. We have a small club meet Sunday. I am hoping to toss a 27T in this and go rip up the asphalt parking lot.
Having viewed the manual online, and you having the actual Cero Sports kit in possession, can you confirm the chassis can only accept regular length stick packs but not shorty packs? Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.