Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Traction Compounds : Health Risks : what can we do about this? >

Traction Compounds : Health Risks : what can we do about this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Traction Compounds : Health Risks : what can we do about this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I don't know if that is the same stuff or not, but that is just STUPID. She was using 3 products all at the same time including patches on her body. She was not imformed and careless, though a tragic event. Please keep in mind that you can die from water poisoning, in fact in happened recently in california during a radio station promotion.

Steve
$.02
Old 06-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
I think i may be the only person who likes the stink of paragon.
Am I missing something? Paragon does have a odorless compound. I haven't really read through the thread but if it is about smell then go odorless. If you are taliking about chemiclas being in them overall (odor or odorless) then I can understand. But if it is about smell....that is something that can easily be remedied.

We have a carpet track but are only allowed to use odorless compunds and I don't have a problem at the track at all....Now at the IIc....????
Old 06-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Martin or whomever started this thread....
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/hig...ory?id=2900337
IS that the same stuff that is in Paragon ?
Not trying get anyones panties in a bunch...
oh dear.. i can hear the posts now...

yes.. that 'creme' contains methyl salicylate, which is aka "oil of wintergreen"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_salicylate

with that said, i shall unsubscribe to this particular thread now LOL...
Old 06-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Elboogie
Am I missing something? Paragon does have a odorless compound. I haven't really read through the thread but if it is about smell then go odorless. If you are taliking about chemiclas being in them overall (odor or odorless) then I can understand. But if it is about smell....that is something that can easily be remedied.

We have a carpet track but are only allowed to use odorless compunds and I don't have a problem at the track at all....Now at the IIc....????
It will be orderless at IIC too, so no worries there. Last two years it has been nothing but Jack.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Yeti35
It will be orderless at IIC too, so no worries there. Last two years it has been nothing but Jack.
Hey yeti, can we use the Paragon odorless compund at the IIC? I ask because I do like the odorless Paragon more than I do Jack. It seems like with the Paragon, my car is stuck on the first lap, with the Jack it seems that it takes a lap or 2.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Elboogie
Hey yeti, can we use the Paragon odorless compund at the IIC? I ask because I do like the odorless Paragon more than I do Jack. It seems like with the Paragon, my car is stuck on the first lap, with the Jack it seems that it takes a lap or 2.
They have been strictly Jack for that is what Scotty uses at his home track and all he has used at IIC as well. You will not have to buy any for it is part of your registration.