Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 51

I'm sure you don't want to hear it, but Cavalieri ran the same diff from A2 of the Reedy Race, all through practice, qualifying and the mains at the Nats. I don't know if I got "lucky" when I built it or what, but it has at least 25 packs on it with a 7 turn.
The one I borrowed (but still have, lol) from you out there hasn't come out of the car yet, and has seen probably 30 packs here plus all the runs there, all with mod.

MAKE SURE to pre compress the spring so that the diff doesn't feel like it's tighening when it's really not.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Well boys I am getting ready to sell my TC5 and try racing buggies.

I figured I would let my fellow tc5 fans have a shot at it before I list it in the buy/sell forum. The TC5 is basically brand new and has all the spares you need. Setup is based on the Reedy Race.

For Sale:

TC5 (used five times)
Built with Tony's Screw
ITF Chassis
ITF Top Plate
LRP TC Spec w/ Vector 3.5
LRP Brushless Cooling Set

Parts:

Front Shock Tower
Rear Shock Tower
Caster Block (4 Deg)
Steering Blocks (2 Sets)
Caster Block Bushings
Servo Saver
Rear Arms
Front Arms
Rear Hubs (0 Deg)
Rear Hubs (1 Deg)
TC5 Screw and Nuts

Bodies:

Painted Proline Cadie CVR
Brand New Stratus 3.0

Tires:
ONe Set Used w/ HPI Inserts
One Set Brand new un glued w/ HPI Inserts

MISC:

New Proline Stand
Original Boxes and Manuals for TC5 and TC Spec

Everything was bought from towerhobbies.com. My total when I bought everythingwas around $925. I am trying to sell everything for around $675 Shipped. The price is negotiable. If you want pictures let me know. If you need to see feedback on me please check ebay - rchobbyva.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
how did you know i wanted a TC5???
Run one or get run over by one.....

Oh, wait...you race in L.A. ..... never mind......
Old 07-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Does anyone know when the front one-way will be released? Thats if it hasn't already.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

guess what I'm holding....
Old 07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
You're posting on the wrong Board for that stuff......
Old 07-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Clint- Wrong thread homie!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Does anyone know when the front one-way will be released? Thats if it hasn't already.
Got mine today.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cyclone Charlie
I haven't had any problems so far running a C027, but I'm holding my breath. What do I do if it does melt down, there aren't any replacement parts available to fix it?
Charlie. All the stock diff parts are available. I have everything to rebuild 2 diffs (except the pulley but IIRC its avail.) (including 4 stock plastic outdrives). If you or Sean get in a pinch, PM me and I'll loan you the parts. I also have the spool on backorder. I have 35+ full 8 min. runs on mine and have adjusted them 2x. I have front at 1/8 from dead stop and rear at about 1/2 and diff still feels great (27T).

Also, I'm a first time sedan builder and runner, and have beat the tar out of this car learning... and have broke just one part (besides 2 bodies), and that was a rear hub cost about $2.00. Heck I have a large bag of spare parts and cant seem to find a use for them.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

You guys are nasty.....he he he he.....frickin' compressor broke so I will have to rattle can my first TC5 body I still won't let it be a one color wonder. Smack talk, and talk of having fun is all over the boards and we haven't even hit the points race yet. I can't wait. Gonna have a blast on the track and goofy as hell on the mic. If you plan on being in Union City this weekend stop on by and have some fun at what sounds like AE's new test track
Old 07-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I know that I'm not a big name, just an average racer, but OH MY GOD, this car is GREAT. The manual has something to be desired but I know that AE knows about this and is working it. But like EA told me, once you get this car on the track you will forget about the little things. He was not joking... If you have an chance to try would out, please do... Take a friends for a ride... WOW is all I can say....
Hey Barry,

Sorry I couldnt make it down to the race. Glad you took my advice and ran the car!! It is dialed. Most guys think I just say that because I run for AE but once they drive the car they see I am not just saying it...its true!!

EA
Old 07-31-2007, 06:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys,

Just got myself a TC5 and completed building the car. I have a concern about the belt tension namely the front belt. It just feels to tight. I race 27 turn stock and normally run with loosish belts which seem to work well at our track. Just wondering if there is a trick or tip to loosen it up a bit or even a replacement belt?.

I also noticed its very tricky getting the pinion in, any easy solution?

Any help will be appreciated guys.

Thanks
Old 07-31-2007, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Verndog
Charlie. All the stock diff parts are available. I have everything to rebuild 2 diffs (except the pulley but IIRC its avail.) (including 4 stock plastic outdrives). If you or Sean get in a pinch, PM me and I'll loan you the parts. I also have the spool on backorder. I have 35+ full 8 min. runs on mine and have adjusted them 2x. I have front at 1/8 from dead stop and rear at about 1/2 and diff still feels great (27T).

Also, I'm a first time sedan builder and runner, and have beat the tar out of this car learning... and have broke just one part (besides 2 bodies), and that was a rear hub cost about $2.00. Heck I have a large bag of spare parts and cant seem to find a use for them.
Thanks for the offer!

The only spares I'm lacking on are the diff halves. Doug should be getting some in, but I'll probably go the aluminum ones when they're available.

By the way, you can never have too many spares!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

We have both plastic diff outdrives and the one-ways in stock now. Contact your LHS to have them ordered from Horizon or GP.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

www.titaniumracing.com are producing spools, lightened layshafts, worlds cvds and alloy rear diff outputs.

contact darren there for info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.