Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
"Best" touring car bodies out there currently? >

"Best" touring car bodies out there currently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree91Likes

"Best" touring car bodies out there currently?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DirkW
Thanks for your input. Amazing that with all these new bodies out there, it seems the Xtreme Twister (normal and speciale) and the ZooRacing Wolverine (plus maybe the Baybee) pretty much dominate the scene so much, at least for TC (not going into GT here), that hardly anyone even tries other bodies anymore. Kinda reminds of all these years of the MazdaSpeed 6 and the LTC-R. There came so many other bodies and updates... and almost none of them had any success (except for the Montech... Racer?) before the new aero-bodies came up.
I agree, extreme got the fluid spot on that body. The twister is nuetral and stuck that the only reason you need other bodies is to free the car. I use the body to influence the balance of the car if I need to get more rotation. Other than that, Speciale is my go to. Try running the speciale with a wolverine wing. It gives it a bit more steering without sacrificing too much rear grip. Changing the rear downforce levels is really interesting to play with. Its not major but it can help you find the last but you may be looking for.
Old 12-18-2023, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW
Thanks again. Are these opinions valid for any surface or are they mostly based on CRC black carpet (which we - luckily - don't run on here)? Oh and just to avoid confusion, I'm aware of the reputation of the Xtreme Twister family as well as the Zoo bodies (I ran my first Twister some time in 2020) - I'm not questioning their performance at all. I was just... well on the one hand hoping that there might be more good options out there, and on the other hand also dreading that there might be more good options out there, as well. Only having to deal with 3-4 different bodies makes things easier than if it were 10-12. But in combination with different mounting positions that's still a lot to play around with - and yes, I'm aware of the body mounting guide from Alex Hagberg on that, but a) he races modified (which I usually don't in On-Road), and b) he is used to (and capable of) a totally different driving style than I am (same way I'd never expect to just copy a pro driver's setup sheet and expect it to fit me 100%).
CRC black carpet.
LOL, lots of bodies to pick from, but getting it down to 3 or 4 would be great. Mounting positions and rear wing options really help in tuning to your liking. That is where adjustable front post location and horizontal body posts give you a lot of adjustability. Then again the difference between rear horizontal and vertical mounting can change the feel of a car as well. I find that vertical posts work better on black carpet.

Old 12-18-2023, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
CRC black carpet.
LOL, lots of bodies to pick from, but getting it down to 3 or 4 would be great. Mounting positions and rear wing options really help in tuning to your liking. That is where adjustable front post location and horizontal body posts give you a lot of adjustability. Then again the difference between rear horizontal and vertical mounting can change the feel of a car as well. I find that vertical posts work better on black carpet.
What difference do you feel? I the rear more or less stable?