Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree73Likes

XRAY T4F 20 details and information

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

I didn't even like the little kit brass bumper weight on the car. Turn in and overall handling is so much better with centralized mass. And of course being massively lighter has it's benefits as well... I'm now wondering how far I should take the no minimum weight rule for FWD USGT? Might be time for some nice titanium screws
Old 09-15-2021, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

A spool would save a bunch of weight too but I'm worried I'll have too much on power steering in certain dangerous parts of my local track.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:51 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
Might be time for some nice titanium screws
I know a guy!
Old 09-15-2021, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

I didn't even like the little kit brass bumper weight on the car. Turn in and overall handling is so much better with centralized mass. And of course being massively lighter has it's benefits as well... I'm now wondering how far I should take the no minimum weight rule for FWD USGT? Might be time for some nice titanium screws
I know a guy..

A spool would save a bunch of weight too but I'm worried I'll have too much on power steering in certain dangerous parts of my local track.
maybe that’s the difference… I run a spool
almost exclusively.

Originally Posted by R Dodge
I know a guy!
me too!
Old 10-02-2021, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Last night's club race at my local track was really fun and interesting. Although I'm pretty sure a spool is going to be faster like Sortafast and others have suggested, I decided to go crazy and try a much softer diff for the purpose of reducing on power steering which is making it difficult for me to control my line as precisely as I need to. I used only 7k (the diff I built for the 4WD conversion of the chassis). It reduced on power steering as expected but surprisingly I didn't lose much acceleration vs 500k. Turn in was incredible for a FWD. Lap times were almost identical and in fact I missed my best run by only 3 tenths. Consistency was 97.95% for my best qualifier. Another racer was trying out a new camera and recorded Q2 and I'm hoping to get my hands on the video and share it for thoughts and comments etc. I just can't put this car down - so much fun.
Old 10-03-2021, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Must say I'm surprised you got the 7k front diff working well for you, I run 100k on low-grip tarmac to get more steering, but 7k would diff-out so much, I would expect you to lose loads of time on corner exit.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
Must say I'm surprised you got the 7k front diff working well for you, I run 100k on low-grip tarmac to get more steering, but 7k would diff-out so much, I would expect you to lose loads of time on corner exit.
Not really a relevant comparison. Dave is racing on high grip indoor black carpet tight and technical course.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by simple
Not really a relevant comparison. Dave is racing on high grip indoor black carpet tight and technical course.
And you would diff-out more on high grip carpet. Hence my surprise at the very thin diff oil.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

I know it seems like I'm breaking all the rules of FWD (zero front weight added, soft diff, low diff, leaned down shocks, no wing and probably every setting on my car for that matter) which is why I'm hoping to provide some video for review. But the lap times prove it on my local track and I'm competing with 4WD cars driven by good racers who I have normally battled fairly evenly with for years. I didn't notice any issue with diff out - to my surprise to be honest but I try not to pull it too hard on corner exit as per my driving style which might be mitigating this. I'm gonna keep testing though and squeeze every tenth out of this thing. FWD, USGT, CRC black, tight track.
Old 10-04-2021, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

One tick boom in the main which probably tweaked it but this is how she ended last Friday night.
gwhiz likes this.
Old 06-21-2023, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

2 years later - still as pretty and capable as ever.

gwhiz, hotdognobun and aracefan like this.
Old 06-21-2023, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simple
2 years later - still as pretty and capable as ever.

Still a nice kit but I miss Xray's anodized orange. Can you upload more of the cool body
simple likes this.
Old 06-21-2023, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic