Wiki Posts
Search

co27t been to BRCA

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

ok just one more thing.

batteries..

GP4300 are legal but not commercially available yet.
IB4200 with red/black shrink wrap commercially available but not legal....go figure.

GP4300 made legal from a picture is what i was told......BRCA wanna clarify that one ???

Sounds like the Chuckle brothers are running the BRCA.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mi2dude
Sounds like the Chuckle brothers are running the BRCA.

Anyone Going to try hooking up the guys on RcCrap to this thread , I'd have ago, but since i'm band for the rest of time from there police state i can't

I also like what Nick said about 27t............

"Stock 27T....fixed timing 24 deg, bushings...yep fine ok with that....does it need to be any more difficult? as long as the arm has 1 piece of wire wrapped 27 times and has the correct resistance...wats the fookin' problem."

I do beleieve that's complicated enough, might be easy for the minority to exploite but for the masses it makes it easy

Rules should be made with the masses in mind , not trying to stop the few from bending them. If at the large national events there worried the TEAMS will have an unfair advantage introduce the HANDOUT MOTOR SYSTEM
Old 03-20-2006, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like sensible proposal.... this would open up people to making their own motors for sale rather than having to buy Trinity teardowns

carefull eye glance at some asian sites... mmmmmm
Old 03-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

The electric board need to listen to the opinions of the racers in this thread.

I'm all for the presence of a rulebook and the fair application of them.

But I'm sorry to say that the BRCA EB think they are helping the racer, but actually they are standing in everyone's way.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

got to remember, the opinions on this thread are the opinions of a few, and I am sure you don't speak for everyone, like I don't.

Easiest thing to do is propose it at the next AGM.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

yeah get rcracecrap involved ...... sure rf can take a list of people from mhere and ban them for the fact that its boring.....

YES i've been banned again, for making a joke at M Haswell's comment about links going missing...The god that is all to racing RF decided he was "bored" with me and banned me..

FFS that attitude died with augustus caesar didn't it.....

as for wait until next agm, i reckon thats too late...Im gonna compose a letter tonight with i will post and will attach emails and copies of comments fromm you guys.

as for the few exploiting the rules "WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!" then rather than a warning BAN EM.....FROM THE MEETING...BRCA officials penalise the little guys and then allow the top guys to get away with it... of scruntineering is another subject.....not for now thou.

Ill be in touch.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

oh, for those that have more spare time than me, can you post links to ifmar and roar sites with stock and 19t rules so i can use info ...cheers
Old 03-20-2006, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Words direct from Demon Products...Trinity no longer selling C2 cans.
New integy/atlas can is illegal cos holes (DOH!) are not together, even though 0 deg is plainly visible on the can. which is more than can be said for most other cans.

Corally black spec can may work, but which brush set up laydown or standup, V2's well old hat but may still work.
Just to put a few things straight :

New Atlas is not legal because the VENTING holes are too close from the edge of the can, it has nothing to do with the mounting holes (BRCA said that was a non-issue indeed since a simple re-wording of the rules would have allowed the motors to be passed).

Standup Corally Black is NOT legal, stack web too small once again it hasn't passed homologation (I know there are loads in the shops, I hope Helger will sort this issue out quick).

End of the day, whether the rules are of a minimum resistance, minimum length of stack web width, all these parameters are linked to each other ( although they also are linked to the stack length, which only has a minimum value) and so my opinion is that ROAR has it right, a length of wire is the best rule to apply.

As much as venting holes in the can, WHO CARES where they are it's not gonna make the can more fragile or whatever, unless the holes are so big they leave no material, but no manufacturer is stupid enough to do that as it would harm the motor's magnetic field and performance.

I strongly agree that rules should be left as simple as possible, but that doesn't mean that they should lack dimensions or informations. If a motor's too quick at a national take it to bits and if needed pay for a new one. But remember that the motor's not the only equation in a car's speed.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

oh, for those that have more spare time than me, can you post links to ifmar and roar sites with stock and 19t rules so i can use info ...cheers
ROAR rule book
Old 03-20-2006, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

i would like a BRCA rep to come on here ,in the spirit of getting thing`s sorted for the 27t/19t racers

but if i can get a BRCA policman on here you have to bite your tongue & not scare him off !! yes ?? (not insulting him)
Old 03-20-2006, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

just sent this invite to the homolagation officer (who ever that is)

i have started a BRCA rules thread on rctech.net
here`s link http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...72#post2227172

Q) would like a BRCA ruling representive person to come on there & fight your corner please in the questionable 27t/19t spec motors or lack off in the uk

me perssonally think you should ! Why ?? coz you are losing street cred
but i feel every body should have a chance to fight there corner

colin

jusy wait & see (i will wait for a couple of day`s ) then i`ll resend

some of you on here must not go into one , when/if some one come`s on
Old 03-20-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Colin,

think this would be a good idea, only problem is as DCM said only a vast minority of racers go to RC Tech. On the other side it's the best of them that do
Old 03-20-2006, 05:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
End of the day, whether the rules are of a minimum resistance, minimum length of stack web width, all these parameters are linked to each other ( although they also are linked to the stack length, which only has a minimum value) and so my opinion is that ROAR has it right, a length of wire is the best rule to apply.
The length of wire is the same in ROAR and BRCA. It was 64 inches per pole but have now metricated it and it is still the same in both.
As Cookie point out it just used to be 27 turns and then the manufacturers started coming up with short stack arms and to stop that the minimum wire length was brought in.
To get a minumum length of wire you need two things:-
1. A minimum stack length.
2. A minimum web width.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank N. Furter
The length of wire is the same in ROAR and BRCA. It was 64 inches per pole but have now metricated it and it is still the same in both.
As Cookie point out it just used to be 27 turns and then the manufacturers started coming up with short stack arms and to stop that the minimum wire length was brought in.
To get a minumum length of wire you need two things:-
1. A minimum stack length.
2. A minimum web width.
Never said it wasn't the same length in BRCA and ROAR. BUT if you state the rules by giving a minimum web width, a minimum stack length and a minimum length of wire, then you will rule out motors that passed ROAR because they had the proper length of wire but don't meet the minimum web width (motors that would use a long stack combined with a thin web for example) stated by the BRCA.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Colin,

think this would be a good idea, only problem is as DCM said only a vast minority of racers go to RC Tech. On the other side it's the best of them that do
vast mojority of racers don`t care
only top racers use the brcs rules to the letter , but the other 80% race @ club level just want to race , thay can`t get motors either coz of looking after the top 20% stock racers in the rule fertinity

But i have given them a oppertunity here to come on
unlike racechatty place rctech.net is more open & you can aske qusetion`s with out hitler intervening
moaning no !! constructive critisem yes

if it get`s out of hand i can ask guy`s to calm down , calm down

why am i involved , god know`s

olive branch has been put out to the BRCA ,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.