Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree630Likes

Schumacher Mi7

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

I step away for a few months but bought this chassis with arm upgrade used , 7 months ago. it sat on the shelf and now looking to run it. looking for a tc 21.5 setup for med crc black carpet, small track
Old 08-18-2022, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod306
I step away for a few months but bought this chassis with arm upgrade used , 7 months ago. it sat on the shelf and now looking to run it. looking for a tc 21.5 setup for med crc black carpet, small track
https://site.petitrc.com/reglages/schum/setupmi7/
Old 08-18-2022, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Robbob
Heres mine from last season with my 7, minor tweaks during the season as the track layouts changed. Overall everything stayed the same for USGT with me.
Could be a good starting spot for VTA

I always ran the original arms too, never swapped to the pivot balls until asphalt season. What arms are you running because its a very different feel with pivot balls. It took me a while to figure them out but the 8 has been spot on since the first pack in it.
you can try this one is not mine but it may help you
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MI7_11-01 Madness (1).pdf (931.2 KB, 86 views)
Old 09-09-2022, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default Rebuild

Hello I pick this kit up used last year (it has arm up grade ) and never ran it . Had a bent shaft . So I replace that . What other parts do I need for a rebuild and what other parts break on it? Any info thanks
Old 09-10-2022, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Hello I pick this kit up used last year (it has arm up grade ) and never ran it . Had a bent shaft . So I replace that . What other parts do I need for a rebuild and what other parts break on it? Any info thanks
well it’s simple you own the car you are the one that would know what parts need to be replaced or rebuilt
Old 09-19-2022, 10:37 PM
Tech Rookie

U8217
U7753
U7733
U8166
U8168
all of the ball plastics
​​​​​​
I'd keep front/rear arms, rear tower and the anti lozenge top deck on hand if you can. 5x10x4 bearings and you might want belts at some point if you run modified but all of this is going more into breakage than wear.

Old 02-18-2023, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Mi7 spares

I just got one of these Mi7's, looking for someone who is selling a spare parts lot.
anyone?
Old 09-28-2023, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Took a couple year break and finding I've forgotten everything I know! Lost all my current (personal) setup info so preparing to re-create. A couple questions:

1) I am almost CERTAIN at one point I downloaded a blank setup sheet that had been done for the Mi7's that had the pivot-ball conversion performed. I cannot find it in my computater nor online. Did I imagine this?

2) I DO remember there had been a mistake in shock length published in the pivot-ball conversion...WHAT IS THE PROPER SHOCK LENGTH FOR PIVOT-BALL CONVERTED CARS?

Many many thanks,

Scottrik
Old 09-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

No blank one but there are some setup sheets here which may be of use https://www.racing-cars.com/technical-information-mi7
Old 09-28-2023, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Took a couple year break and finding I've forgotten everything I know! Lost all my current (personal) setup info so preparing to re-create. A couple questions:

1) I am almost CERTAIN at one point I downloaded a blank setup sheet that had been done for the Mi7's that had the pivot-ball conversion performed. I cannot find it in my computater nor online. Did I imagine this?

2) I DO remember there had been a mistake in shock length published in the pivot-ball conversion...WHAT IS THE PROPER SHOCK LENGTH FOR PIVOT-BALL CONVERTED CARS?

Many many thanks,

Scottrik
Petite has the editable ones.

https://site.petitrc.com/reglages/schum/setupmi7/

10.5 I think was the corrected shock length. I think?
What ever the original Mi7 one was the pivot ball conversion was 1mm longer .... that Im sure of.