VBC Racing Lightning 10x235 Pan Car

Old 11-13-2019, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

now that lower control arm is something interesting... manual not that bad

PDF manual
Old 02-24-2021, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

anyone have any idea where the best place to order a Lightning 10x235? The VBC website shows out of stock for some time (also open to a used car if the deal is right).
Old 02-25-2021, 12:30 PM
Tech Initiate

If you do not fear higher shipping cost try it here Onroad Electric Cars - Rc Machines
Old 02-25-2021, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hannes
If you do not fear higher shipping cost try it here Onroad Electric Cars - Rc Machines

Cool thanks - it’s not ideal but at least it’s a source if no where else can be found.

Anyone have any idea when VBC themselves may start shipping (as it’s cheaper in their website directly as well)?

I also noticed on the European link provided above they have the Lightning 10M for eur60 cheaper than the 10x... Is the 10m a capable solid car? FYI there is no pro10 racing category where I am based but I want a VBC Pro 10 car to match my other VBCs and I’ll be driving it on a large outdoor 1:8 type track.

Old 02-26-2021, 12:51 AM
Tech Initiate

There was already information from quite reliable sources around this time last year that the company no longer exists. Accordingly, the supply of parts will be phased out gradually, which was one of the reasons for me to sell all my VBC equipment last year.
If you still want to drive the chassis for a while, I would stock up on spare parts or buy up used chassis.
Old 02-26-2021, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks - will see if I can pick up a used Lightning 10m or x — it’s silly I know but my other cars are vbc so I prefer things to match (but I got them used as well).

btw - what are they common spares you’d go with for this car?

if anyone has a decent used car they’re looking to get rid of pls drop me a PM
Old 03-03-2021, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

okay so i got lucky and managed to find a car locally so already have it (pics attached - although it's a VBC Lightning 10M and not the 10X). I have a few questions i'm looking for some advice on:

- For running on a full size 1/8 style outdoor track is there any major disadvantage (or advantage) in running this car with a full stick pack instead of a shorty pack - can the car easily be configured for this or is it really designed for a shorty only? The reason i ask is that I'm new back into rc and also picked up a TC (VBC D06), so ideally it would be handy if i can use the same lipos across both car platforms (since i still need to buy lipos). Therefore i'm trying to decide if i'd be better just buying shorty's and running both cars on shorty's, or should i buy full stick packs and run both cars on stick packs (instead of having one of each type)... I'm not seriously racing, more just for track driving and maybe some club-level racing in the future (where i'm sure my driving will be the biggest handicap).

- I'm needing to get an ESC and motor to suit the 10M - as the track i drive is a fast outdoor 1/8 track - i'm thinking to get a 4.0-4.5T motor (tuned down on my TX while i get the hang of things) as that would allow me plenty of opportunities to speed her up in the future when i roll out to full power on the TX. Do note i also have a 17.5 i can drop-in from my TC while i get up to speed. Does a 4T +/- make sense and if i were to get a second motor what would you suggest (i.e. 6.5 or 10.5)? What turn motor is common for those running/ racing pro-10's on 1/8 outdoor tracks?

- My car didn't come with a front bumper or any spares - so i may need to do an order from VBC online (no parts seller where i live) - what minimum parts spares would you typically suggest I stock?

Any other tips from glancing at my car?

Thanks!

Old 12-09-2023, 02:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default 411

Originally Posted by Hannes
Do you have to start an account? If anyone is paying attention to this thread anymore ? I think they are asking for to much info just to place an order and the website won’t let me pay through PayPal without starting an account ? Any 411 is appreciated.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

For those looking for vbc parts. Their website is back online.
for how long the site will be up i have no idea.
lbsnoopy likes this.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Reply

Originally Posted by Schs2013
just place an order , for the parts I couldn’t find .
Old 04-12-2024, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wait, what? Some Zombie VBC website?

Old 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbsnoopy
just place an order , for the parts I couldn’t find .
The site although will process your order is 100% dead, you wont get your parts and there will be no communication. You will have to file a report with paypal and get your money back. Paypal has not been able to communicate with the owner. Your order will probably sit in the processing state forever.

PLEASE don't get more people caught up in this dead site. Had to do the whole paypal thing a couple months ago.
Old 04-12-2024, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Damn

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
The site although will process your order is 100% dead, you wont get your parts and there will be no communication. You will have to file a report with paypal and get your money back. Paypal has not been able to communicate with the owner. Your order will probably sit in the processing state forever.

PLEASE don't get more people caught up in this dead site. Had to do the whole paypal thing a couple months ago.
damn
Old 04-12-2024, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone

I did not know this. was just saying it was back online.
Apologies about that.

the intention on my end was to help everyone enjoy their rcing and get parts while they where available.
even good intentions have there mistakes.

Last edited by Schs2013; 04-12-2024 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I did not know this. was just saying it was back online.
Apologies about that.

the intention on my end was to help everyone enjoy their rcing and get parts while they where available.
even good intentions have there mistakes.
All good, just dont want others going down the same rabbit hole only to have to go thru a bunch of time and effort to get their money back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.