Like Tree8Likes

Body ground clearance

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
Per title!
How much ground clearance do you normally give your touring car body? I've not really been considering this in setting up cars/body pairs in a consistent manner and can't really find much information on the discussion of this topic.
Saw a video by Alexander Hagberg of Xray, if I recall around 8mm front lip and 11mm side.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Don't forget it's important for the body to have a bit of up-travel. This means that if the shell does touch the ground momentarily you don't get any significant weight transfer away from the tyres and through the shell, which can be a cause of the car snapping out mid-corner.
WagwanBumba likes this.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It really depends, if you're on a parking lot with no grip, you can do flat with the chassis. if your car actually rolls and you have 5-5.5mm ride height, the universal answer is a normal sized sharpie around the entire thing. the more complicated answer for my medium grip asphalt home track, 7mm side, 8mm front splitter with the car race ready. i typically run my front posts a hole loose and allow the splitter of a type-s to hit the asphalt on occasion in the sweepers.