Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree318Likes

Awesomatix A800FX Front Wheel Drive Touring Car

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-16-2019, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Awesomatix A800FX Front Wheel Drive Touring Car
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hanulec
placeholder

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Hey OSherman
how are you ? Franko from Seattle
yes , you got it right FXC stand for Carbon version...
I am really worried about the rules for front wheel drive...
i think that was a stupid ETS rule
I_NeedBigDrink likes this.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I thought these fwd kits were going to be priced on par with other manufactures fwd kits?
Old 07-01-2019, 09:54 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i think that was a stupid ETS rule
Rules.. I think people are afraid the car is that good looking
Awesomtix design is one step ahead of the game and other are not , OH Well
I think they should keep everything rules the same until others maker redesign their front drive for better or what ever as always
Marcos.J and I_NeedBigDrink like this.

Last edited by OVA; 07-01-2019 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Rules.. I think people are afraid the car is that good looking
Awesomtix design is one step ahead of the game and other are not
well how many of us will ever race a ETS race? i looked in the USGT Rules and it said FWD doesnt say anything about having to have the motor in front of the car. i think someone was afraid to lose sponsorship money from a manufacturing company so thats why they made up the rule
Old 07-01-2019, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Hey OSherman
how are you ? Franko from Seattle
yes , you got it right FXC stand for Carbon version...
I am really worried about the rules for front wheel drive...
All is good here Franko. Hope you RC world is striving also.

FWD class is/has been my favorite for quite some time. Glad to see new players. i will just be having fun at the local carpet track and may give it a go in a few USGT outtings. (2WD vs 4WD)

Im looking forward to it
Old 07-01-2019, 10:31 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
well how many of us will ever race a ETS race? i looked in the USGT Rules and it said FWD doesnt say anything about having to have the motor in front of the car. i think someone was afraid to lose sponsorship money from a manufacturing company so thats why they made up the rule
Front motor car doesn't mean front wheel drive or rear drive
it just wrong what the ETS is doing
Marcos.J and I_NeedBigDrink like this.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They did not say it was not FWD, just that it was against the "spirit of the class" they had in mind.

But it was stupid of them to announce a FWD class without rules in place or even that "spirit of the class" published anywhere as a guideline, and then have manufacturers go at it without any guidance.

On the other hand, it's just next season they're talking about so far. So this is all just (probably) six races scattered all over Europe, and in a class where no factory sponsored drivers are allowed anyway. If FWD is really picking up as a class, that car can win its merits everywhere else around the world during that season, can't it?
Old 07-01-2019, 11:23 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by DirkW
They did not say it was not FWD, just that it was against the "spirit of the class" they had in mind.

But it was stupid of them to announce a FWD class without rules in place or even that "spirit of the class" published anywhere as a guideline, and then have manufacturers go at it without any guidance.

On the other hand, it's just next season they're talking about so far. So this is all just (probably) six races scattered all over Europe, and in a class where no factory sponsored drivers are allowed anyway. If FWD is really picking up as a class, that car can win its merits everywhere else around the world during that season, can't it?
I hear you and It is too bad the Awesomtix was thinking too far Out Of The Box (innovation )
Speaking of spirit of the class is cool
it is all about having fun

Last edited by OVA; 07-01-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
I hear you and I like it
But I am hearing the issued is the motor is not mount up front of the suspension block the was the main reason they didn't approve..
Speaking of spirit of the class is cool, but should not effect what chassis your running
it is all about having fun
Chassis actually can become an issue when your vision for the class is that everyone uses the de facto (at least up to now) standard front motor type of chassis, to keep things close and simple for everyone (which is what they said). Of course the ETS guys should have made that clear from the beginning, not after Awesomatix had presented their car.

And yes, fun is important, but just imagine for a second, that the Awesomatix turned out to be really vastly superior to the rest - what fun would there be for the drivers of all the other cars? So do you choose to alienate the fans of one manufacturer or all the others? The move was not nice, I think we all agree on that, but at least for me, it's no reason to get all the conspiracy theories out just yet.

And if ever at all, we'll only know by hindsight, whether their worries were reasonable or not.
Nicadrauspro4 likes this.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW
And yes, fun is important, but just imagine for a second, that the Awesomatix turned out to be really vastly superior to the rest - what fun would there be for the drivers of all the other cars? So do you choose to alienate the fans of one manufacturer or all the others? The move was not nice, I think we all agree on that, but at least for me, it's no reason to get all the conspiracy theories out just yet.
So you mean like the A800X MMCX in Super Stock class? 12 of the top 14 the last ETS race. And it hasnt been much different the rest of the ETS this year in that class.
XCELL and masterhit like this.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

X-ray after hearing the announcement..

Old 07-01-2019, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
X-ray after hearing the announcement..

Optimized
TeamRacing80 likes this.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Definitely a rule to monopolize the Class!!! Not cool for Awesomatix to hear this after the car has been announced. Many clubs in Europe base their rules of the ETS rules, so this will have an impact on sales. Hope ETS can reconsider.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
So you mean like the A800X MMCX in Super Stock class? 12 of the top 14 the last ETS race. And it hasnt been much different the rest of the ETS this year in that class.
Yes, maybe they wanted to prevent something like that to happen in what they consider a fun class, not such a competitive nightmare than regular touring car racing. At least that's what they tell us, and at least I can imagine some truth in there. But I don't know, I don't really care much about or even follow ETS. Far too expensive and too widely spread for me to race there and end up whatever-main.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AL1983
Definitely a rule to monopolize the Class!!! Not cool for Awesomatix to hear this after the car has been announced. Many clubs in Europe base their rules of the ETS rules, so this will have an impact on sales. Hope ETS can reconsider.
A lot of action happend yesterday in Europa after this announcement from ETS.
As they (ETS orga) also state in the Facebook post, i especially talked personally with them in February about this and it was no problem to do this. I even showed pictures....
Anyway, we can not change this decision of them by now.
Some drivers of the series already responsed in many forums and under many posts what they think about this.

What i can say after all the action in social media by yesterday, many racing series in Europe do NOT FOLLOW this rule !
There were several racing series who pointed this out yesterday and released the rules for the FWD class in their own series.
"we will not be restricting or limiting chassis layout of the cars at all. As long as the car only drives the front wheels, and the overall dimensions are met, then you're absolutely welcome to join us in the FWD class"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.