HPI racing.com's forum is back?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI racing.com's forum is back?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

I think HPI made the correct move into what company forum's should and should not be. It appears they have only made it easier for their customers to get support on HPI products. I've not delt with HPI customer support for almost a year now but the last time I did it was a very pleasing experience.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Frank McKinney
I guess no one bothered to check out the question "what happened to the old forum" in the General HPI FAQ section of the new FAQ Forum...
Point taken.

But I still mis the good old way, HPI used to be. I dont know the right words, but something like this: There was pioneer spirit, curiosity, sportsmanship and a kind of feeling, that made the owner of a HPI product proud. Where I live, there's still very few good competitors to the Sport2 in that price range. But now the Sport2 is gone, and the LHS have ordered parts back in february, which hasn't arrived yet.....

But who cares about such a little market as Denmark? Maybe there's not enough profit... Well, other brands see it different. And so do I.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

I sort of miss the old forum too, but in the end analysis the bad points outweighed the good points, at least the way we were looking at it.

It's a bummer and the end of an interesting chapter but it's gone now. As we say in our explanation, there are tons of great forums that are out there, who won't mind the extra web traffic and users. We just want to concentrate solely on our kits and getting the official word to questions about HPI products.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
When you do a search, there's a nice little featured called something like "show results as threads OR posts".
ahahaha! u learn something new everyday! LOL. thanx!
Old 12-06-2002, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

I used to go there all the time. It was on my Links bar.

Then I started to see a shift in "emotions" when the Pro 3 did not show as much potential as people would expect.

Then the people with more kowledge stopped askins questions and all of a sudden the post became uninteresting.

Posts like:
How fast will this go???
typical response from Dr. Diff:
Speed is not the point. you have to turn....

gave place to post like:
Can I plug my packs to the wall socket for charging?

I don't know why, because RCTouring and now the rebaptized RC Tech never showed that kind of evolution.

People are more civil, helpful, and they seem to be more knowledgeable.

I guess that trying to keep an open discussion with some limits regarding brands is sort of impossible.

In here there are no such limits and no one seems to take sides so violently.

Maybe this is the right approach to an OPEN discussion.

However I'll miss it. When I had my Pro 2 it was a very helpful place.

Memories memories (1 year ago . My God!! Internet time is warp time indeed)
Old 12-06-2002, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

i'm glad there is RCTech forum. The point being is HPI's new forum is really just a FAQ and replacing the old forum with something like that doesnt make much sense to me. They may as well expand the FAQ section so all users can look up any and all answers if the worry is about repeated questions. it was a smart business decision to close the forum down, but it was backwards in development to replace it with a forum that is nothing more than a FAQ.

And the official word to questions about HPI kits is there are problems with multiple kits that need addressing. it was pretty obvious with all the HPI bashing wasnt it? i'm not going to get into what direction company will take. RTR are the bigger money makers compared to kits and HPI will follow the direction of Traxxas with a lineup of mostly RTR items.

HPI's awesome Pro 2 car got me into this great hobby and in that i do wish HPI goodluck to future endeavors. I did have fun in HPI's forum and I thank HPI for that as well.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default HPI Forum Still is Dead

Frank McKinney;

Really I said the same thing, but I wasn't so diplomatic about it. What Manufacturer wants people bashing their products in their own online forum for all the world to see. I'm SURE that Trinity has it's share of "Trinity Haters" too, but that the administrators go to great lengths in keeping the general public from seeing these derogatory posts. What official of a company would be willing to admit these things? Probably none.
Don't get me wrong. I started out with HPI cars and out of 8 vehicles that I currently race and own, 3 are HPI's. I just feel that as a company, HPI is alienating a large segment of the market by not providing vehicles that can compete on the same level with all the other manfacturers products.

Last edited by popsracer; 12-07-2002 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

What I think pissed HPI off is when they came out with the Sprint RTR and all the people getting into RC would ask, "Whats better a RTR TC3 or a Sprint RTR?" And everyone told em that the Sprint is just a toy and the TC3 is something you can race. Which is true, but I guess it still pisses HPI off. IMO if they wanted to make something that could be brought up to race spec and sell it as an RTR then they shouldnt have made the Sprint.
Old 12-07-2002, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

hm...

i dont think a sprint and TC3 can be compared. it should've been more like....the TC3 vs. the Pro 3. i think, since there is a RTR TC3, if HPI had plans to rival it, they should've made a RTR Pro 3. but since we kno, and HPI knows as wel, that they've made mistakes with the Pro3, it's already too late for that idea. but with the Pro 4, it could be a different story. but i think Associated has already planted a huge anchor to maintain their position as one of, if not The, top basic to pro level racer car with their TC3. i think HPI wasn't really trying to rival the TC3 at all. i think they were just trying to reach out to the mainstream ppl who aren't so hardcore about RC-ing. anyway, YEH.
Old 12-07-2002, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

I think that old Sport2 of mine always will be in my mind as a nice memory. Together with a time, I enjoyed a lot. I'm looking forward to use all the things I've learned from my Sport2. Thanks for that, HPI. I can hardly wait to get my next car. I'm excited to try it out for the first time, and work with the setup. And race it. Painting another body. Have fun at the club. Alle these things, are what this great hobby is for me.
Old 12-07-2002, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

go rctech!

this forum is the apex of touring car information. i've been a member since the days of rctouring. it's really fun to meet the faces of those you've bs'ed with over the months. i just wanted to give props to this forum for the professional way that it's been run. i feel that this is the only place to go for the best advice, and vast amount of information that this server plays host to.

to futureal and all who've donated time, money, or knowledge i give you a great big WORD UP! i don't really know what that means, but it has a positive connotation. . it's fun to see the ridiculous growth that is taking place here. each day we get what?...50 more members? awesome. keep it up.

seaball.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by seaball
go rctech!

this forum is the apex of touring car information. i've been a member since the days of rctouring. it's really fun to meet the faces of those you've bs'ed with over the months. i just wanted to give props to this forum for the professional way that it's been run. i feel that this is the only place to go for the best advice, and vast amount of information that this server plays host to.

to futureal and all who've donated time, money, or knowledge i give you a great big WORD UP! i don't really know what that means, but it has a positive connotation. . it's fun to see the ridiculous growth that is taking place here. each day we get what?...50 more members? awesome. keep it up.

seaball.
very true , very true.
Hell Im the one who started the sprint VS tc3 thing
Thanks to all your advice(s) i didnt get a sprint but i got a Pro3
instead...thanks to inept L(tc3)HS ppl.but still there is good advice from this great gathering of ppl who love their hobby and it's even better than a manufacturer forum.
however it would be even greater if a company rep. would be constantly present on their own threads to offer 'official' advice.
HPI (or any other company for that matter) should learn to take the good and the bad , and if there's more criticism then they at least could've acknowledged instead of evading it.ppl will just go elsewhere to bash their products
so everybody,,just stay here in rctech and we can mix around and have fun ok?
Old 12-08-2002, 12:49 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I still find it kind of hard to believe that people are giving HPI (and to some degree, Trinity) a bad rap for their respective forums and how then run/ran them.

You've got to realize that while a site like this one (Tech) exists to provide a service to the general populace, forums like HPI's or Trinity's exist to serve their customers and potential customers. It really doesn't make business sense for a company to pay for a site like this that isn't going to serve their customers. If a company chooses to run a site where people are free to bash their products, then more power to them, but believe me, it's bad business.

Some of us also view HPI from an odd perspective, I think. We don't really represent R/C consumers on the whole; we represent a group of the pickiest, most demanding customers in the hobby. The outcry and ridicule after the Pro 3 first came out seemed akin to a football coach being fired after his first poor season in a decade. The same people who said "HPI rules!" six months earlier were shouting "HPI sucks!" (and often). I'm sure that they (or at least somebody there) acknowledge the fact that there was a mistake made, either in rushing the car out of R&D, or mis-marketing the car as a full-blown race car, or something of that nature.

But even so, does that mean that we should be given the right to trash their company or their product on their own website? As much I like free speech, I don't think so. Bashing a company on a third-party/media site like this is one thing (assuming it is substantiated) but I don't think you can reasonably expect many companies to give you free reign to do so in their own territory. The same example surely applies to Trinity and Tech Talk. Long before I began R/C Tech, I heard gripe after gripe about TT and Trinity's over-moderation. While I don't agree with some of what they do, I'm not going to bag on them for it, because it's certainly within their rights as a company. And once again, it makes good business sense to do what they do.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by reflekt
however, i myself do have one comment about rctech's threads. when i search for some help on my TRF414M2, and i get some results. and there's like...one i can click on , the big "trf414M thread", it's like....50-60 pages long! and it's hard to find that info when u gotta sift through all those pages. haha. but well, at least i got to see what EVERYONE has said about the 414M, lol. not a complaint, just thought that was funny. how many of you have done this?? haha. peaches.
The reason that most of the info you can find on the TRF M2 cars is in TRF414M thread is that, they are pretty much the same car~! Difference? Well, one is blue, one is silver, one has sealed bearing, one has metal bearing, one has silver turnbuckle, one has black.... besides that?... well not much of difference performance wise. MII is not a Brand NEW car in the TRF series, It is just a car that has different color and made cheaper for RC buyers~!

Performance wise, there is really no difference between two cars. Tuning tips for both car are exactly the same. Most of Tamiya car owners knows about this. That's why People just post in the M forum, instead of starting out another thread.

You don't need to search for tips specifically for M2, anything works on M will work on M2.

Old 12-08-2002, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

thanx for the lookout but i already knew that.

i was just saying that when i was a newbie to these forums and had just bought my 414MII, i was overwhelmed by the "hugeness" of the one forum that everyone spoke in about the 414M's. but then of course, i found out that little extra thing i neglected to use in the search engine that brings up my search as threads/posts, which can save a LOT of time, lol .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.