Just Got a TT-01 but needs some help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just Got a TT-01 but needs some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

first off stock the car SUCKS ASS, second off yes i have one, 3rd off they are cool as soon as you have them hopped up. i have a 23turn motor in it and you want a 3000mah or higher battery
Old 03-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

yeah, not much worth a crap 'cept for TCS SPEC untill hopped up majorly
Old 03-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TTO!

[QUOTE=ashrc18TA05]first of all you need a real good hard SLAP for buying a tamiya tt01 i think it is one of the worst cars to have you should of spent the extra £££ or $$$ to get something alot better like a TB01 0r TB02 or even a TA05, i will bet you on the TT01 is that the front hubs will break first.

Yes you may be right, maybe he does have alot of money or money from this first paper route, just maybe he wans to run rally. May be you should buy him a car since you sound so rich . I have to admit that the steering hub will go first but I managed to salvage them. If it breaks in the area where the ball cup snaps on to the little ball save it. I've manages on several ocassions to fix then up as new, even better. Take the pices and shoe glue them together, just use enough to slightly spread it around the area and let it sit for a day in a clamp or vice. Get JB Weld mix the two together and spread it around the area that was broken. I have mananged to she that hub and break it in a different area. Good Luck

GREAT WHITE NORTH
Old 03-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ashrc18TA05
hay am not a jerk i had a tt01 for the past 3 years and it just a hump of junk you should of just saved the money and got something alot better like a tb02 (ball diffs, fully ballraced,adjustable turn buckles) thats a good starter car you can do so much more tuning to it with out spending any money on it do you get that on a TT01

no you dont

also dont bother putting any hopups on you will just be wasteing money

you should just use it as a drift car or a knock about car

you will be thanking me after this
Sorry but have to voice my opinion on this.
YES you are being a jerk! The TT01 is the only chassis available in the XB RTR. It costs under $190 in the LHS and is a great starter car. To put together a TB02 or TA05 would cost up to $350 just for what you get in the kit! And thats a low ball estimate. I'm glad you have an opinion too, but it's people like you who scare off new people to the hobby. You are the "Spend lots of $$ or it's not cool" guy. Quit being so stuffy! The kid already bought the car. It's NO good telling him how bad you think it is!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

specially since the TT-01 is great for a starter car, not if you wanna do too much with it, but it's fun to start out with. SPEC is one of the most popular races @ TCS.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moshmike
Sorry but have to voice my opinion on this.
YES you are being a jerk! The TT01 is the only chassis available in the XB RTR. It costs under $190 in the LHS and is a great starter car. To put together a TB02 or TA05 would cost up to $350 just for what you get in the kit! And thats a low ball estimate. I'm glad you have an opinion too, but it's people like you who scare off new people to the hobby. You are the "Spend lots of $$ or it's not cool" guy. Quit being so stuffy! The kid already bought the car. It's NO good telling him how bad you think it is!
Couldn't agree with you more! Talk about a ridiculous way to promote the hobby...Take a hammer and smash it? What's wrong with just having a car to mess around with? ANYWAY....

For batteries I would recommend you hit up Radio Shack as they now sell GP3300 stick packs for $25. For a motor, just put around with the one you have for now until you learn to drive really well. After you have mastered car control, pick youself up a nice stock (27T) motor (it will be faster than what you have now)

Have fun with your new car, this is a great hobby
Old 03-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Great to see some new people in the Hobby. I have never had a tt01 but I have had Tamiya cars and they are good cars. take the car to the track, in the street and have fun with it. You should get some cheap battery packs and a cheap duratrax peak charger and have fun. Having fun is most important. Stay away from guys like ashrc18TA05 (the cool guy) and hang with the nice people at the track. Also let your friends play with it so that they want one and get on…
Old 03-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Hey ashrc18TA05,
I started out with a HPI RS4..not the racer, is that Ok?
Old 03-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

lol i started out with a hpi dash
Old 03-03-2006, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

Rally Rally Rally
Old 03-03-2006, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

oh, and the treads i normally ran where hpi x-patterns, they hooked up perty good.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

AMEN TO THAT. I ran a whole sseason with X pattern tires.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

yeah, they hook up great, no wheels spin that i encountered on asphault