Search
Like Tree2Likes

Cheap car for FPV

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Cheap car for FPV

Looking to try and grow interest in FPV racing at the local track. Last two weekends I've been running my euro truck with a camera but the thing is just so tippy. Being FPV, it's going to have to be a slow class as even the euro truck seems ballistic thru the goggles, probably just sticking to a silver can.

that being said, I'm looking for something cheap to use for this class. I can convert my TT-01E I already have to a standard TT-01, or pick up one of the cheap ($100) touring cars. Unfortunately I don't currently have a spare TC sitting. Open to suggestions here, it would be nice to have a cheap go-to if others want to start the class as well.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Say what? I'll give this a go. I've got all the gear.

You're going to be looking at 370size motors to keep things reasonable. Alternatively current limiting. You want RPM, just not... the mind bending acceleration.

I also have cars. I'll PM you about that.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is what Dromida used in the rally
  • FPV-equipped Rally Car
  • 1 2.4GHz trigger-style radio transmitter
  • 1 Tactic FPV RM2 FPV monitor
  • 1 Tactic FPV-G1 FPV headset
  • 1 Tactic FPV monit

First Impressions: Dromida 1/18 FPV Rally Car
rccartips likes this.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have one of them dromida rally cars that I put a camera in myself that's never been run I never bought the goggles I'll sell if your I interested it's brushless. 120 shipped. Pm if interested
Old 10-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Look up the last Las Vegas race (IIC maybe?). They had a fpv class with some of the team drivers. Looked really hard on track as you had no overview. As they went, though, they started to learn the course. Interesting for the drivers I’m sure. To be honest, wasn’t as interesting to watch through their feeds...for me at least.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JeffofSpace
Look up the last Las Vegas race (IIC maybe?). They had a fpv class with some of the team drivers. Looked really hard on track as you had no overview. As they went, though, they started to learn the course. Interesting for the drivers I’m sure. To be honest, wasn’t as interesting to watch through their feeds...for me at least.
from what a local guy (who was there) said, those were 17.5 cars or something pretty quick. My intent is silver can or similar speed. My WGT-R even seemed ballistic in FPV, lol. The slow speed of the euro truck felt about right and after a few runs I was improving significantly.

looking to stay 1/10 so people can use any old touring car, maybe something that's been collecting dust for a while.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Turnigy TD10 V2 1/10 Touring Car 85.99 USA dollar Link
Old 10-01-2018, 11:18 PM
Tech Lord

https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lo...ext-thing.html
Old 10-02-2018, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser
Turnigy TD10 V2 1/10 Touring Car 85.99 USA dollar Link
Better yet get the real thing >> 3RACING XI SPORT NU

By the time you replace the stripped diff and leaking shocks with oem product from 3Racing you will have spent the same $$$ and the 3Racing kit includes swaybars and upgraded shock towers. The TD10 is pieced together from 3racing parts that did not meet QC.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT
Better yet get the real thing >> 3RACING XI SPORT NU

By the time you replace the stripped diff and leaking shocks with oem product from 3Racing you will have spent the same $$$ and the 3Racing kit includes swaybars and upgraded shock towers. The TD10 is pieced together from 3racing parts that did not meet QC.
Yea but its 9.99 over the 100 dollar limit he mention, but yea I do agree with you getting the 3Racing tho is the better deal for the value.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

It is. But faster isn't the idea here. :-)

Once you add motor, speed control, and body, the Tamiya stuff starts looking mighty tempting.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

FPV would be amazing for one of those really long Rally tracks where people run behind the car while driving, much more open than a normal rc track
Old 10-02-2018, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JayL
FPV would be amazing for one of those really long Rally tracks where people run behind the car while driving, much more open than a normal rc track
Vibrations really kills the FPV experience. Those rally tracks have the cars bouncing all over the place.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser
Yea but its 9.99 over the 100 dollar limit he mention, but yea I do agree with you getting the 3Racing tho is the better deal for the value.
I agree with 3Racing as a good choice.

Hard part is getting the support to encourage the class. Especially for a track to promote a class using a vehicle they don’t or can’t sell. TC4 could work but seem to finally on the way out. Kinda leads things back towards Tamiya
Old 10-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Yes tough to support with no cheap cars available locally, save for tamiya. Tossed a standard bumper and set of jacos on my TT-01 today and mounted the cam on an old body. It's awfully kludgy but will provide an answer as to whether this idea works with lower camera height. Position looked good while running it on the street, we will see how it is on the track soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.