Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO27

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Suspended

I aligned the hoods, put purple and red springs with 767's

I dont know the actual measurement. It is not very much. I dont have a brush cutting tool so I use the good old trusty sand paper.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I'm Impressed..!!

I'm Impressed..!!

I started out 2 teeth higher from where I would normally gear my monster. It felt great but, it also felt it topped out between 1/2 way to 2/3rds the way down the straight.

I set the top qualifier position by about 3 seconds...

But it came off the track at about only 130 - 140 degrees. Normally, my monster would be around 155-165.

I really didn't need to... but I decided to go for it.... so I went up TWO MORE teeth... (now I am 4 teeth higher than my monster!)

The Results:

I didn't feel any loss of Punch--> and as a matter of fact--- it felt like it had MORE.... I won the feature, and lapped the entire field + 4 seconds. Temp came off the track at 166-167 degrees.

Now that's Impressive.... but it's gonna suck when everyone else gets one ...
Old 02-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Suspended

yeah tod your car was very fast today. i am guessing your motor was super hot by the sound that came out of you when you touched the motor.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

these things work extremely well in 1/12th scale
Old 02-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE_REAL_FROBOY
yeah tod your car was very fast today. i am guessing your motor was super hot by the sound that came out of you when you touched the motor.

- Yup- when I temp gunned it... it was 166 - 167 degrees... Maybe one more tooth would get me to 177 - 178???
Old 02-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfreak24
what kind of numbers are you guys seeing on the pro labels . i ordered 4 pro's from stormerhobbies and all the #'s were like 20,000 rpm , 61 or 62 watts , and 94 to 99 on torque . did i get screwed or what ? . well anyways we tried running these with no success in offroad at the rcproseries race at Mccolloughs in PA . my buddy even had a 67 watter and no matter what any of us tried gearing them at they ran like piles . so i really don't see how they have more torque because every pro label i have is way worse then my worst pro label monster by far . and even after changing spings and trying out different brushes , hood alignment , polishing and the whole nine they are still junk
I was at McCulloughs and ran the CO27 in stock buggy and stock truck mains. Both ran exceptionally well. I ran a Pro CO27 in my T4 and a non-pro in the B4. I did the exact same thing to both motors and the non-pro CO27 impressed me the most in the buggy. Combined with fresh IB3800's...its clearly the fastest stock motor I ever ran! I geared the same as my monsters. I probably could have went up a tooth, but for the track layout, I was geared fine. For the outdoor track, i'll definitely gear up.

I aligned the brush hoods, centered the arm in the magnetic field, polished the bushings, rebrushed with F brushes and resprung with red springs on + & -.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ran the new motor and it wants to be geared tall. Motor ran cool all day. I ended up using a black (there is such a spring, sits between the red and purple) on the POS and red on the NEG from first starting with red on both. I gained more RPM with out hurting the other numbers. It is faster and carries more speed through the turns than previous motor types thanks to the additional mass on the blank. My final spur and pinion is 96 and 33. It wanted to go taller and will try it later. Battery and motor temp not in question. This is a motor everyone will want to use.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Per the other CO27 thread, I've found that the new motor likes 3 to 5 teeth higher than the original monster, much like the P2K2. Make sure to run tighter springs than normal (very slightly bent stiffer purple/red combo) as well to cut down on arcing out of tight corners. I'm also shaving the trailing edges (eliminate the diagonal cut on the brush corners) and drilling the faces.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

We had someone run purples on both sides and he admitted to slower exists off the turns, so I would try different spring variations to find what fits. I do want to try the brush modifications. I heard the hole, timing cut, and trailing edge all together worked at the Birds. Also heard they ran 35 tooth pinions in their 1/12. Just a reminder, each motor is different. The guy across from me ran black springs on both sides with grunt off the turns but nothing for the straights.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up the best dyno numbers ..... ever !!!!!

rule # 1: in stock VOLTAGE is KING !!!!
rule # 2: Correct Gearing is a must !!!!
rule # 3: the track is the best Dyno

every motor has a different power band. adding mass to the arm, lager cooling wholes etc. only changes the power band/ efficiency ...a good motor tuner can try to alter the power band to suit a specific need to a certain point. on that note not all motors will perform the same on a given track !!
Old 02-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Tech Initiate

from what i have read from everyone in here it sounds like this motor has great torque like the p2k2 with the punch of the monster. my question is this then does it rev as high as a roar, does it overheat and drop off,and finally is it going to be the motor to have in the stock class
Old 02-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

YES
NO
YES
Old 02-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
YES
NO
YES
That is correct. I thought I mentioned each motor is different. Also, other variables are not constant from one car to the next.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

so what rollout range is suitable? 30mm+
Old 02-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Suspended

For touring car on carpet that is medium in technicality I would start with a 28 mm roll out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.