R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Touring Car ROAR event minimum weight (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/1016387-touring-car-roar-event-minimum-weight.html)

fat500 02-25-2024 07:19 AM

Not in america my friend....They want you to pay for Everything.....We do not have the laws you guys do...Its ALL about the money here....like when I took My M3 in for service, got the car back, My Gforce would work and My heated seats would not work and my wifi would not work. But it all worked before service and I get a pop up on the display asking if I would like to add these features for 19.99 per month or 99.99 for the whole year......WTF AND they Would Not remove the Update....Even though I Owned the car. That is what they are doing now.....keeping the americans so busy over the political nonsense and in the background passing all the bills to rob them bit by bit and they do not even realize it .....I would not pay the .99cents for the download on my s3+ when It had it 1 year ago....

gigaplex 02-25-2024 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by fat500 (Post 16080164)
Not in america my friend....They want you to pay for Everything.....We do not have the laws you guys do...Its ALL about the money here....like when I took My M3 in for service, got the car back, My Gforce would work and My heated seats would not work and my wifi would not work. But it all worked before service and I get a pop up on the display asking if I would like to add these features for 19.99 per month or 99.99 for the whole year......WTF AND they Would Not remove the Update....Even though I Owned the car. That is what they are doing now.....keeping the americans so busy over the political nonsense and in the background passing all the bills to rob them bit by bit and they do not even realize it .....I would not pay the .99cents for the download on my s3+ when It had it 1 year ago....

Er, the two leading smartphone brands are iPhone and Android. Both support PDF natively and both are American designed.

As for the M3, that's German.

DirkW 02-25-2024 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by gigaplex (Post 16080261)
Er, the two leading smartphone brands are iPhone and Android. Both support PDF natively and both are American designed.

As for the M3, that's German.

Small correction: Android is not really a smartphone brand but an OS for smartphones (developed by Google, and used by most manufacturers other than Apple) - as iOS is for iPhones. But I agree: reading/viewing PDFs should be possible with pretty much any device as a basic function. Being able to edit these files, however, is usually not free.

gigaplex 02-25-2024 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by DirkW (Post 16080268)
Small correction: Android is not really a smartphone brand but an OS for smartphones (developed by Google, and used by most manufacturers other than Apple) - as iOS is for iPhones. But I agree: reading/viewing PDFs should be possible with pretty much any device as a basic function. Being able to edit these files, however, is usually not free.

Android is also a Trademark and is itself a brand, even if it is just the OS.