Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2018 U.S.VTA Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A. >

2018 U.S.VTA Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree131Likes

2018 U.S.VTA Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Had a blast guys. Just got home and in bed. 11hr 45min drive coming back. Glad I got to meet a lot of you guys. Y’all need to come to a Texas race one of these days.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

it was a great event as usual . had a blast running vta for my first time since scale nats 5yrs ago. enjoyed watching the mod tc nice to see everyone respect everyones bubble to the best of there ability .
can-am tc was a hit from what i heard . ran 3 different motors with same lap times as i expected to see with traction and we pretty much had the track to our selves friday morning while everyone waited in motor tech (they should sell a fast pass LOL )
MYRON cant thank you enough for putting your money on the table for trophies ,by far the best of any race.
hope EA can catch up on his sleep today from hosting this great event im sure he was needing it after this weekend
iTz Nicholas72 and NutDriver like this.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a blast at my first Apex race. Great facility and great people.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:27 AM
Tech Regular

My first big event. There sure was a lot of great racing going on. Great to meet some of out of towners and it was fun to watch the newest racers (Harry & Courtney) really enjoying themselves too. Can't wait until next race day
Old 09-25-2018, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I always enjoy this event and this year was no different. Big kudos to Myron, EA, Dirla and everyone else! The BBQ dinner on Saturday evening was amazing!

I decided to scale back this year and only run Can-Am Super Stock. I ran three different handout motors over the course of the weekend and there was no noticeable difference. The motors never got hot and I didn’t notice much fade. The “fast guys” were still fast but I never had to worry about getting out motored by a newer/hotter motor.

Also, the level of competition in all classes this year was pretty crazy!
Old 09-25-2018, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Myron, What was the chassis break down of the top ten drivers in each class?
Old 09-25-2018, 09:24 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I want to say a Thank you to everyone who took their time off work and away from their families to come race with us this year! Id like to apologize for the few small hiccups with the AC Drain back in the corner but it was good that the AC was working this year as it kept the place pretty comfortable all weekend! Also for the roof leaks we had develop in the middle of the races on Sunday morning. With the downpours we had all weekend I guess Im just glad it was only a couple of spots that popped up!

Special thanks to Myron for all he does for APEX and the USVTA guys and this race each year. He puts in a ton of work, his own money and time away from his family to make this happen.

Thanks to Dirla for a well ran race program and getting us done at good times each night and keeping the program working.

Thanks to John Barron and Wes for the help in the hobbyshop. Also to Kemp for the help holding things together all week! Kid is getting faster every week. I should be able to retire soon and just watch him race!

Thanks again to everyone!

EA
Old 09-25-2018, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

USVTA
Wayne Gerber – AX
Justin Lyons – AX
Jackie Woodard – Unknown
Mike Abbinant – AX
Clayton Young – Xray
Kevin Nestor – Xray
Chris Bush – AX
Myron Kinnard – Associated
Jeff Hendrix – Associated
Von Perry – Serpent

Can-AM Super Stock
Eric Anderson – AX
Kemp Anderson – AX
Bill Sydor – AX
Dustin Layne – AX
Brian Busse – AX
Michael Skeen – AX
Justin Lyons – AX
Jackie Woodard – AX
Marc Livermore – ARC?
Brian Card – AX

*Unsure about the other classes.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

USVTA
Wayne Gerber – AX Shaftasaurus
Justin Lyons – AX Shaftasaurus
Jackie Woodard – Unknown
Mike Abbinant – AX
Clayton Young – Xray
Kevin Nestor – Xray
Chris Bush – AX
Von Perry – Serpent

Can-AM Super Stock
Eric Anderson – AX
Kemp Anderson – AX
Bill Sydor – AX
Dustin Layne – AX
Brian Busse – AX
Michael Skeen – AX
Justin Lyons – AX
Jackie Woodard – AX
Marc Livermore – ARC?
Brian Card – AX

*Unsure about the other classes.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Also to Kemp for the help holding things together all week! Kid is getting faster every week. I should be able to retire soon and just watch him race!
EA
Kemp is very fast! It won't be long before his is a national champ. He got a bad break in the F1 race but he has what it takes for sure. He's gonna be one to watch for sure.
jlfx car audio likes this.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

USVTA
Wayne Gerber – AX carbon shafty
Justin Lyons – AX alum shafty
Jackie Woodard – AX
Mike Abbinant – AX
Clayton Young – Xray
Kevin Nestor – Xray
Chris Bush – AX
Von Perry – Serpent

Can-AM Super Stock
Eric Anderson – AX
Kemp Anderson – AX
Bill Sydor – AX
Dustin Layne – AX
Brian Busse – AX
Michael Skeen – AX
Justin Lyons – AX
Jackie Woodard – AX
Marc Livermore – ARC
Brian Card – AX

*Unsure about the other classes.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-25-2018, 01:54 PM
Team EAM

Wanted to also thank Wayne of Team Scream for making his first trip down to ensure the Super Stock 12th CanAm motors were all perfect for everyone all weekend.

Thanks to all of our sponsors too

TQ Wire, Awesomatix, MonTech, Roche USA, Fantom Racing, Trinity, RCAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Gravity, Motiv, Amain, Protec, Zac Donathen of DRC, 2mm Designs, Race Rewards, Prolix, Protoform, Team Associated, Tekin, Hobby Authority, Team EAM, and APEX RC.

EA
Old 09-25-2018, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Just chiming in here to say thanks to EA, Myron, and the rest of the crew that put this race on. This was my second time at Apex, and its a first class facility with amazing hobby shop. I will definitely be back anytime I can. Great event all around.

To all of the Can-Am doubters (I honestly didn't care one way or the other prior to this race) - this is the way racing should be. I had three different motors, one each day, for 1/12 and TC and not once did I have to worry about being competitive due to getting out motored. I did not notice any major differences between each day, or the other drivers. This levels the playing field and keeps you from having to buy newer, better, stronger, faster, properly shimmed, motorlyzed, timed, and have all the extra ittty bitty expensive hop-ups for that extra ounce of power. For real, I just had to focus on setup and driving knowing I didn't have to worry about my motor. Its for real, and I hope it sticks.

Thanks again guys!
Old 09-26-2018, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I want to say a Thank you to everyone who took their time off work and away from their families to come race with us this year! Id like to apologize for the few small hiccups with the AC Drain back in the corner but it was good that the AC was working this year as it kept the place pretty comfortable all weekend! Also for the roof leaks we had develop in the middle of the races on Sunday morning. With the downpours we had all weekend I guess Im just glad it was only a couple of spots that popped up!

Special thanks to Myron for all he does for APEX and the USVTA guys and this race each year. He puts in a ton of work, his own money and time away from his family to make this happen.

Thanks to Dirla for a well ran race program and getting us done at good times each night and keeping the program working.

Thanks to John Barron and Wes for the help in the hobbyshop. Also to Kemp for the help holding things together all week! Kid is getting faster every week. I should be able to retire soon and just watch him race!

Thanks again to everyone!

EA
Bill is in the mail for the AC don't worry. Just make sure your sitting down when you open it..
Nerobro likes this.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:15 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Wanted to also thank Wayne of Team Scream for making his first trip down to ensure the Super Stock 12th CanAm motors were all perfect for everyone all weekend.

Thanks to all of our sponsors too

TQ Wire, Awesomatix, MonTech, Roche USA, Fantom Racing, Trinity, RCAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Gravity, Motiv, Amain, Protec, Zac Donathen of DRC, 2mm Designs, Race Rewards, Prolix, Protoform, Team Associated, Tekin, Hobby Authority, Team EAM, and APEX RC.

EA

My first trip down and I had a great time!
You have a great facility there and great people helping... even John is OK
I'm glad the Can Am classes worked out well

I even had the chance to eat at Loveless Cafe Monday morning with the Ohio/Michigan group!

-Wayne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.