Search
Like Tree509Likes

Xpress Execute XQ1S Sport Clubracer

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 08:38 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have few XQ1 upgrades that fit the sport.

Low friction belts, xpress fan mount, vertical top deck setup, and the motor mount with spur gear assembly. SHAG oil in the bearings too. $45 shipped. Figured someone in here could put them to good use.

Old 02-16-2021, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What is everyone doing to get the slop out of the wheel?
It’s more the axle/bearing. I installed the associated axle spacers ( as previously shown in this thread) between the bearings but it hasn’t changed at all.
any tips ?
Old 02-16-2021, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by damang999
What is everyone doing to get the slop out of the wheel?
It’s more the axle/bearing. I installed the associated axle spacers ( as previously shown in this thread) between the bearings but it hasn’t changed at all.
any tips ?
Try shims, though I don't bother trying to remove slop anymore. It never improved my lap times.
Old 02-16-2021, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Try shims, though I don't bother trying to remove slop anymore. It never improved my lap times.
i don’t normally worry to much about it though this car has a little to much especially on the rear, I’ll try a few shims between the inner bearing and the driveshaft
Old 02-16-2021, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by damang999
i don’t normally worry to much about it though this car has a little to much especially on the rear, I’ll try a few shims between the inner bearing and the driveshaft
Try a 0.2 mm shim first, then maybe use 2 per wheel. I just did this. I installed 2 and it was too tight, but 1 shim was too loose. I replaced the bearings and that helped tighten it up a lot with just one shim. Overall I have one shim per wheel, on the driveshaft side. Also take your pinion off for a last test of freeness; should still roll smooth.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Xrayray
Try a 0.2 mm shim first, then maybe use 2 per wheel. I just did this. I installed 2 and it was too tight, but 1 shim was too loose. I replaced the bearings and that helped tighten it up a lot with just one shim. Overall I have one shim per wheel, on the driveshaft side. Also take your pinion off for a last test of freeness; should still roll smooth.
I'd check for smoothness without the belt at all, belts add enough resistance to mask some binding issues.
Xrayray likes this.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gigaplex
I'd check for smoothness without the belt at all, belts add enough resistance to mask some binding issues.
I forgot to add, I just disconnected the camber link and put the shaft, shim, bearings, pin, and hex on so I can spin it by hand before reconnecting the camber link. I don't have it connected to the diff yet.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

I finally got to run mine on carpet last weekend.
I picked up the xq1s kit plus the mid mount kit added sway bars and wheel hexes for ease of tire changing. Pretty cheap setup under $300AU
I was super impressed from the first moment of hitting the track . The initial turn in is fantastic and the overall balance of the car is great.
From practice through the 3 quals and 2 finals the car was super consistent.
I was running the same lap times but with Much better consistency than my destiny.
I was sceptical that anything this cheap could be any good.
hopefully I will get to run it on asphalt soon.
ASM, Hannes, moparSRT and 2 others like this.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you racevta for the parts, I got them in today!!!
I'm curious how about the powerstar servo, it's still in the package but the specs look great even at 6 volts. I'm currently using a helicopter cyclic servo and it's so slow (.13) that I have to start turning into the corner way too early.
ASM likes this.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:52 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xrayray
Thank you racevta for the parts, I got them in today!!!
I'm curious how about the powerstar servo, it's still in the package but the specs look great even at 6 volts. I'm currently using a helicopter cyclic servo and it's so slow (.13) that I have to start turning into the corner way too early.
Those servos are fantastic! You may have to turn down the expo on it. It's fast.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ASM
Those servos are fantastic! You may have to turn down the expo on it. It's fast.
Awesome! I've been doing some setup changes to increase steering. I'm pretty sure I'll have to dial those back once I run this servo 👍
ASM likes this.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default Antenna holder

Does anyone have any ideas for the antenna? I still have the tube but the base broke off. How can I just rig it?
Old 03-10-2021, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Fixed.
I found another antenna holder in my body posts bag.
New radio system (DX5c) and Powerstar servo, ready for Sunday race.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Servo Turnbuckle Contact

I’m a rookie and recently bought an RTR XQ1S from someone at my local track. The car runs great, but I noticed the turnbuckle connected to the stock servo horn contacts the upper deck when turning left and limits full travel. After doing some research it looks like all the Execute steering linkage setups have to potential to do this out of the box. I noticed 3Racing Sakura kits include an offset ball end cap that lowers the turnbuckle angle a few millimeters.

Has anyone else had an issue with this? If so, did you change parts or simply adjust the servo EPA? Would installing a servo saver lower the linkage enough for more clearance?

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Soul Surfer
I’m a rookie and recently bought an RTR XQ1S from someone at my local track. The car runs great, but I noticed the turnbuckle connected to the stock servo horn contacts the upper deck when turning left and limits full travel. After doing some research it looks like all the Execute steering linkage setups have to potential to do this out of the box. I noticed 3Racing Sakura kits include an offset ball end cap that lowers the turnbuckle angle a few millimeters.

Has anyone else had an issue with this? If so, did you change parts or simply adjust the servo EPA? Would installing a servo saver lower the linkage enough for more clearance?

Thanks.
If the servo horn is vertical at neutral steering, the turnbuckle will likely hit. You can shorten the turnbuckle and have the servo horn lean towards the centreline by a few degrees to minimise or eliminate this. Don't go too far otherwise the horn will start to hit the floating servo mount.
Xrayray likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.