Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
wtcc's FF project >

wtcc's FF project

Like Tree424Likes

wtcc's FF project

Old 11-14-2022, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's not as personal attack. I lament that the sanctioning bodies don't prevent well-funded and/or technically savvy racers from developing cars that subvert the intent of the class and/or price out ordinary participants. You're being a competitor, and you're not being restrained. Not your fault.

The FF class should be front-heavy with limited forward grip. It should be a substantially different driving experience from the other classes.

Now that the sanction is allowing other production mid-motor race chassis, it'll never again be what was intended. That's what I lament.
Old 11-14-2022, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Car is looking very good...
Old 11-15-2022, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Masami Halsey
It's not as personal attack. I lament that the sanctioning bodies don't prevent well-funded and/or technically savvy racers from developing cars that subvert the intent of the class and/or price out ordinary participants. You're being a competitor, and you're not being restrained. Not your fault.

The FF class should be front-heavy with limited forward grip. It should be a substantially different driving experience from the other classes.

Now that the sanction is allowing other production mid-motor race chassis, it'll never again be what was intended. That's what I lament.
The rules are pretty clear, and there never was anything about weight distribution in them. It's only your opinion.
Old 03-19-2023, 03:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Some news for this Amazing Car?😋
busman likes this.
Old 03-22-2023, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

luppix Sorry, nothing new happened to bring this car on track. I worked a bit more on the CAD data and optimized geometries, but that’s about it. I haven’t giving up, but the costs for part manufacturing aren’t motivating…

But I can show the work I did. I mostly worked on the MF variant. I mostly despised the position of the servo in front. The Ackermann wasn’t a problem though. I just don’t want the car to be long in front and space for a bumper (this design might change in the future). So made these extensions for the classic servo position. Also changed are the servo mount, all hubs and the damper setup. The car is now optimized for XLP dampers. This included all mounts and the lower chassis plate:

Last edited by wtcc; 03-22-2023 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-22-2023, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Looks sick. Do you have a close up straight above the dampers in the front? orthographic perspective preferably.

Old 03-22-2023, 10:18 PM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

make sure you have a way to keep your bulkheads positioned. Reading through the IRIS thread they seem to have issues after crashes. so keying or special screws like the AMX A800R.
wtcc likes this.
Old 03-23-2023, 05:32 AM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And in case you need more front weight bias, you might want to mount the esc on top or into your bumper? The ARB wire would need to go a bit lower maybe, but should be doable. I imagine that will be beneficial over adding heaps of ballast to the front...
wtcc likes this.
Old 03-24-2023, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by h2e
And in case you need more front weight bias, you might want to mount the esc on top or into your bumper? The ARB wire would need to go a bit lower maybe, but should be doable. I imagine that will be beneficial over adding heaps of ballast to the front...
Why not just make a simpler rear? so much fancy suspension stuff in the rear. Is it really needed? Does the weight outweight the benefits of a lighter rear.. Say swingarms and single damper with a roll bar. Or Yokomo YF? with all the stuff up front almost.
Eotz and h2e like this.
Old 04-23-2023, 06:07 AM
Tech Initiate

What are the front driveshafts your planning on using?, they look pretty short. Custom or something off the shelf.