Search
Like Tree369Likes

4wd stadium trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

or this one lol

S10 Blast TX 2 Brushless RTR 2.4GHz - 1/10 4WD Elektro Truggy | Product | LRP Home
Old 03-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

IVe got a ton of 22t parts and my old 22-4 1.0. I'll start doing some checking and see if a 22-4t is feasible
Old 03-09-2017, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

4wd ST becoming popular enough to be produced and supported by the top manufactures will sadly never happen. Short bus all but killed the 2wd ST class. 4wd short bus already has a strong foot hold those buyers as well.

It's fun to dream, and I hate to crush yours, but 4wd ST is just that..a dream.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
4wd ST becoming popular enough to be produced and supported by the top manufactures will sadly never happen. Short bus all but killed the 2wd ST class. 4wd short bus already has a strong foot hold those buyers as well.

It's fun to dream, and I hate to crush yours, but 4wd ST is just that..a dream.
I disagree. People like me love 4wd 1/10 buggy because of the sheer capability of the cars.. A 4wd St would have more airSide note: short course is great don't get me wrong, but its easily the nastiest class out there, especially 4wd mod SCT. I feel like ALOT of people who like the 4wd sct driving experience may jump ship if the action was cleaner.. Even if only by a little. The hyper tt was good enough for awhile to have an entire class for itself... Which is what I'm saying killed it: No other platforms that were legal; when people truggied their stampede 4x4 and got booted for using sct wheels and tires.

The LRP blast has come across my searches before but I looked for spares in the u.s. and well... None that i could find.

Losi ten mt doesnt fit in roar limits I don't believe and not sure stadium truck wheels would fit.

Just to be clear I'm not knocking any of the available/mentioned cars; I am however trying to keep this focused on possible conversions or completed conversions on 1/10 4wd buggies. Dave at MRC put one together probably a decade ago. It was in a magazine, forget what one though. Was right when brushless motors were becoming bigger and lipo batteries were entering our hobby.

My goal is to complete a conversion to 4wd st on the 22-4 and have a local sponsered driver break some track hotlap records.. Maybe get Frank Root on board with it and hope it takes off?
Old 03-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

What did I say that you disagree with?
Old 03-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

What did I say that you disagree with?
That 4wd stadium truck is just a dream. I believe there are many reasons it hasn't taken off but when people are modifying cars and scrapping together parts to give a single other vehicle (the ofna hyper tt) a competitor, I think that's a concrete demand for another option at bare minimum; I'm just trying to open people up to the idea that their 4wd buggy is not too far off from being capable as a 4wd st if they wanted to get creative. If anyone wanted to be technical, an entire revision would need to be done to a buggy by its manufacturer (think 5-10mm + wheelbase, longer arms and driveshafts, steering geometry would need some tweaking, new towers, longer shocks) for it to be a true conversion but it's possible. Anyone here remember racing mt's back in '04 and seeing that wierd guy put his MT bowties on his buggy with a truck body? Kind of created a whole class with that.. Not sure why so many either love this concept of 4wd stadium truck racing or try to strike it down like it's going to ruin racing.. The way I see it whether I race it or not if it brings people into the hobby or those in the hobby enjoy it, embrace it not shun it.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by aspiringracer
That 4wd stadium truck is just a dream. I believe there are many reasons it hasn't taken off but when people are modifying cars and scrapping together parts to give a single other vehicle (the ofna hyper tt) a competitor, I think that's a concrete demand for another option at bare minimum; I'm just trying to open people up to the idea that their 4wd buggy is not too far off from being capable as a 4wd st if they wanted to get creative. If anyone wanted to be technical, an entire revision would need to be done to a buggy by its manufacturer (think 5-10mm + wheelbase, longer arms and driveshafts, steering geometry would need some tweaking, new towers, longer shocks) for it to be a true conversion but it's possible. Anyone here remember racing mt's back in '04 and seeing that wierd guy put his MT bowties on his buggy with a truck body? Kind of created a whole class with that.. Not sure why so many either love this concept of 4wd stadium truck racing or try to strike it down like it's going to ruin racing.. The way I see it whether I race it or not if it brings people into the hobby or those in the hobby enjoy it, embrace it not shun it.
Blame Traxxas and the Revo for killing MT, that's how you got the current Truggy class. Not some dude putting MT tires on a buggy.

I'm not trying to kill anyone's dreams. I'm saying WAKE UP! It ain't gonna happen. Best of luck to you and the 4 guys you'll convince to build one of these frankenstien's

Let's bump this thread in 5 years and see where we're at, sound good?
jpcopeland1 likes this.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I run a CRT.5 with a rcmonster conversion/chassis and love it. Is there a class no. But for now to grow the class tracks have allowed all the above chassis I posted to run and other homemade ones also. Trying to fit into ROAR rules is hard and not everyone has the means to get the ROAR approved gear. I think the best bet is to just get them together and just run them. Hyper TTs are making a little comeback arounf my way, but not enough to cause AE, losi etc.... to produce unfortunately and make it a stable class at most tracks
Old 03-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Blame Traxxas and the Revo for killing MT, that's how you got the current Truggy class. Not some dude putting MT tires on a buggy.

I'm not trying to kill anyone's dreams. I'm saying WAKE UP! It ain't gonna happen. Best of luck to you and the 4 guys you'll convince to build one of these frankenstien's

Let's bump this thread in 5 years and see where we're at, sound good?

Lol, you're quite a character buddy. I can see this is going no where productive with you, so you "win." Bye now.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

4WD SCB seems like a more likely class than 4WD ST nowadays. Almost nobody even makes STs anymore, especially 4WD versions.

The Losi Ten-SCBE is an awesome vehicle, if you haven't had the chance to drive one yet. It might scratch the itch for you. Every time I think about buying a second HPI MT2 and figuring out how to convert it to electric, I come back to: Why? My SCBE already does the same thing and still has manufacturer support. The only unique feature at this point is the distinctive appearance of stadium trucks, which I appreciate but I can live without it.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

If it's anything like the Caster Racing S10N nitro buggy I bought, it's garbage.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by strodedawg
I run a CRT.5 with a rcmonster conversion/chassis and love it. Is there a class no. But for now to grow the class tracks have allowed all the above chassis I posted to run and other homemade ones also. Trying to fit into ROAR rules is hard and not everyone has the means to get the ROAR approved gear. I think the best bet is to just get them together and just run them. Hyper TTs are making a little comeback arounf my way, but not enough to cause AE, losi etc.... to produce unfortunately and make it a stable class at most tracks
To be clear I don't see associated or losi just seeing this thread and saying "ohp we gotta make one now" cause a few of us want them. However, if we stay persistent and help grow the class by following the lead of Strobe here and stick with it, they will make them eventually. They already have the 4wd buggies. That's a whole drivetrain/chassis layout already done. Design arms/cvds and call it v1. Ffs, 4wd buggy blew up when Jconcepts took a TC3 and converted it to a buggy. Took Associated how many years just to solidify that design?! I'm not expecting my thread to produce an Xray XT4 or a Losi 22-4t by tomorrow, but if it sparks interest, and enough people follow, eventually one of the big names will step in and make something happen.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Oh, one more thought: Jang from URC converted a Stampede 4x4 into a Rustler 4x4. You could do the same if you're really super desperate for a 4WD stadium truck that has manufacturer support. Yes, I know, it's Traxxas, but you'll live.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by aspiringracer
To be clear I don't see associated or losi just seeing this thread and saying "ohp we gotta make one now" cause a few of us want them. However, if we stay persistent and help grow the class by following the lead of Strobe here and stick with it, they will make them eventually. They already have the 4wd buggies. That's a whole drivetrain/chassis layout already done. Design arms/cvds and call it v1. Ffs, 4wd buggy blew up when Jconcepts took a TC3 and converted it to a buggy. Took Associated how many years just to solidify that design?! I'm not expecting my thread to produce an Xray XT4 or a Losi 22-4t by tomorrow, but if it sparks interest, and enough people follow, eventually one of the big names will step in and make something happen.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

You're serving no purpose here; do us all a favor and leave; and as for your bolding of my statement, let me clarify what I meant by it. A third party took an on road car and converted it into a 4wd offroad buggy. That DESIGN was so good it was eventually sold to the manufacturer of the on road car it was based on! Only to be slightly tweaked and MASS PRODUCED. To think the release of the Bj4/B44 didnt help 1/10 buggy grow would be ignorant. My post you quoted and bolded was made in a heated moment because someone on my thread wants to derail it and cause more problems than solutions (you @racer1812)
zx12r785 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.