Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RUSTLER NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 04:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RUSTLER NEED HELP

What's up guys! NOOB here ha I recently purchased a rustler vxl my issue is when I hit the trigger to go sometimes it will stop and I have no response until I turn the car off and back on again. Sometimes this will happen 2 3 times b4 the car responds correctly any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated thx guys!
Old 01-28-2017, 07:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ericG30
What's up guys! NOOB here ha I recently purchased a rustler vxl my issue is when I hit the trigger to go sometimes it will stop and I have no response until I turn the car off and back on again. Sometimes this will happen 2 3 times b4 the car responds correctly any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated thx guys!
I had similar issues with my sons rustler Vxl. Opened aTt with traxxas. They send me a glitch buster. Problems resolved.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sounds like a esc issue if it's new I'd contact traxxas for a replacement
Old 01-28-2017, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You could be hitting thermal shutdown.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rustlervxl
I had similar issues with my sons rustler Vxl. Opened aTt with traxxas. They send me a glitch buster. Problems resolved.
What is a glitch buster? Sorry man I didn't know how to check my status thank you for your time
Old 01-29-2017, 11:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by amospetrie
Sounds like a esc issue if it's new I'd contact traxxas for a replacement
Yea I think I'm gonna have to just doesn't make sense that it's like this straight from the box. Thx for time man I'm sorry I forgot to check for replys
Old 01-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tsair
You could be hitting thermal shutdown.
I don't think so ive only had the car a week and it happened first time I drove it straight out of the box and it ran less than five mins
Old 01-29-2017, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are you using the battery that came with it or a lipo? Esc might be set up for lipo and if your running a NiMH you hitting the low voltage cutoff.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Rather Race
Are you using the battery that came with it or a lipo? Esc might be set up for lipo and if your running a NiMH you hitting the low voltage cutoff.
Yea still running the nickel battery I've checked the setting and it's correct. I have lipos ordered I'm hoping maybe it's just a battery issue
Old 01-29-2017, 12:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Yea still running the nickel battery I've checked the setting and it's correct. I have lipos ordered I'm hoping maybe it's just a battery issue
I mean unless I'm completely retarded ha Ivery read the manual on the setting for nickel battery and lipos it also came set to run that battery says the light should be solid red on the esc
Old 01-29-2017, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes red for nimh and green for lipo
Old 01-29-2017, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yea I think I'm gonna have to just doesn't make sense that it's like this straight from the box. Thx for time man I'm sorry I forgot to check for replys
Keep us posted. Curious to see what it is.. so light on esc is red ? Since ur using nimh? Make sure u set the lipo cutoff when u get ur lipos.. green light on esc
Old 01-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, if its brand new, take it back for warranty.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Keep us posted. Curious to see what it is.. so light on esc is red ? Since ur using nimh? Make sure u set the lipo cutoff when u get ur lipos.. green light on esc
I'll def let yall know I'm going to contact traxxas tmrw. YES light is Def red YES I'm using NiMH battery
Old 01-30-2017, 05:28 PM
Tech Rookie

So I got in touch w traxxas today he sending me a glitch buster like one of the other members mentioned he said basically the nimh battery isn't able to supply the power the car is demanding so it's sending false nominals like the battery is dead therefore I lose response. Guess we will see I've got new batteries on the way also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.