Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree197Likes

Schumacher KC 2wd Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Interesting. I thought "vented" meant running them with bladders without the bleeder screw in the cap. Can you describe what you mean by "vented"?
Old 03-03-2017, 06:14 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
Interesting. I thought "vented" meant running them with bladders without the bleeder screw in the cap. Can you describe what you mean by "vented"?
He means Emulsion, unless there is a new way to vent a shock without a bladder.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JsK
He means Emulsion, unless there is a new way to vent a shock without a bladder.
Vented and emulsion are two different things. This Tekno sheet has a good description of the differences. http://www.teknorc.com/wp-content/up...justments2.pdf
Old 03-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Just finished my build.

Cruise
Old 03-06-2017, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CruiseM
Just finished my build.

Cruise
That thing looks great. Awesome paint. Looks like you have it ready for a carpet track?
Old 03-06-2017, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

@Tony: Your setup sheet says 1.6x3 front and 1.7x3 rear pistons. Did you drill some to get the 1.7s?
Old 03-06-2017, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

That thing looks great. Awesome paint. Looks like you have it ready for a carpet track?
thx, first time using auto air and candy2o colours because Spazstix won`t send me their stuff to Germany.
The purple is way too dark.

And yes, configured to very high grip tight and technical indoor carpet.

Cruise
Old 03-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Tech Rookie

what is everyone running for stock class? I need to get a 69-72 tooth spur mounted, we run a faster carpet track, and we tend to gear the cars to the moon. Are there any slipper eliminators out there that will let me run the Kimbrough/Associated spur gears?
Old 03-07-2017, 12:21 AM
Tech Rookie

@Tony: Your setup sheet says 1.6x3 front and 1.7x3 rear pistons. Did you drill some to get the 1.7s?
Hey, not to mess with your question to Tony, but just to let you know. I have for years now been using that combination. my rear pistons are though drilled to 1.72mm. it works really well on tracks with many small bumps and rough surface. It takes out issues with Pack and make the shocks respond much quicker to follow the uneven surface. I got the hint many years ago at a GP race in Belgium from a UK Schumacher driver. been wondering for years why no one has brought his up..maybe it is common knowledge?
Old 03-07-2017, 12:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Shock Pack

I agree to most of what is in the link above concerning vented - emulsion etc. , but the description of Pack differs from what I have believed so far. To my understanding Pack is the "phenomena" that occurs in the split second that the piston starts moving and the oil has to start moving through the holes. This meaning that there will be a small compression and pressure increase for a fraction of a second until the oil flow "normalizes". This is more a factor when movement is sudden and fast. imagine you hit your shock shaft with a hammer (to compress it). It would probably bounce and the dampening would feel very hard to none. continued pressure to the shaft will result in it moving with normal dampening as we all adjust with oil weight to improve handling. So to my understanding pack is "start movement" of the shock and has big influence on handling with rough and uneven surfaces.
Please correct me if I got this wrong for all those years.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Used my new KC for the first time tonight, great buggy and super fast out of the box.

However I've come across a problem with the slipper, I've checked it and it's all too the book but I'm fully wound down on the nut and the slipper is still slipping quite comfortably. Anybody else had issues like this? It's almost as if the supplied spring is too weak.

Cheers
Old 03-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

I guess its possible you got a bad spring or even the wrong one. What color is your spring? Can you post a photo of what it looks like on the car fully tightened?
Old 03-08-2017, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

The spring is black, I've not got a picture with me but the nut is as far down as it can go before it pushes the bushing tight against the layshaft.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:21 AM
Tech Rookie

I think some of the lads at our club have removed a spacer or 2 from the slipper

Chris Pattinson may be able to advise
Old 03-09-2017, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mi4cxl
The spring is black, I've not got a picture with me but the nut is as far down as it can go before it pushes the bushing tight against the layshaft.
Sounds like you have the right spring. The new ones are black. Mine is definitely not a problem so its hard to say without seeing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.