Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Those hexes will make the front end wider than is allowed by ROAR rules. Just a heads up.
all the AE factory drivers are running them. So its either not too wide or that rule in not enforced.
Scott R likes this.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by platgof
Do you use those hubs front and rear? Does anyone use the 13* hub carriers? Hope to race tomorrow!
I use the 5mm hexes front and rear. Wider is softer, thinner is stiffer.

Still running the 10° caster blocks. Tried messing the with the A&B blocks kickup to add more caster but never really got it setup well. Went back to kit setup for A&B and it runs awesome. With less kickup and caster it corners nice and flat without too much dipping off throttle or under braking. The 13° caster blocks will make it more stable and less twitchy while steering.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:37 PM
Tech Addict

Did some testing with the center diff oil for 13.5 on clay and ended up at 30k. Sounds stupid but it now carries more natural mid corner speed, don't have to hustle the buggy to go fast into and out of corners. Using a softer/grey front spring to keep the front from lifting as much on throttle and a stiffer swaybar on front to prevent the front from rolling as far off throttle.

Have tried 500k, 200k, 100k, 80k, and now 30k. I most often ran 100k or 200k but noticed the back end had a tendency to step out if I wasn't careful on the throttle in a corner. When I switched to 30k it didn't lose any acceleration which seemed weird to me. It only got more stable on throttle in a corner and carried a ton of corner speed off throttle. I could get on the throttle sooner in the corner as well.

Also running the outer hole on the rear arm to keep the back end from squatting as much.
Front 10k diff, 3x1.4 35w, grey spring, blue roll bar. Rear 7k diff, 3x1.5+1 32.5w, green spring, grey bar. Steering D/R turned down to 80%, +2 steering plates. Buggy feels like it's on velcro
Scott R likes this.

Last edited by trf211; 12-31-2017 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Good to hear. I wondered how that would work but I get little enough track time that I was reluctant to try it. Let us know what you're seeing for front tire wear.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default B64D center to front driveshaft binding

Hi all, I just got this kit and was hoping someone could help me out if they’ve run into this. I have a weird binding in the drivetrain, it doesn’t spin freely. I found out why, but have checked everything and can’t see anything wrong. Here is a vid I took showing the issue. There is such a tight fit that when the dog bone spins on the side where that “c clip hook” is, it pushes the whole front diff case forward and flexes the chassis until the next revolution.

Copy and paste this link: https://youtu.be/QUZHmUMY9XE
Old 12-31-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

From the video it looks like the dogbone is OUTSIDE the C-clip, you want it inside the outdrive past the C-clip. Take the center diff out and put the dog bone in at an angle past the C-clip, reinstall center diff.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ddavila
Hi all, I just got this kit and was hoping someone could help me out if they’ve run into this. I have a weird binding in the drivetrain, it doesn’t spin freely. I found out why, but have checked everything and can’t see anything wrong. Here is a vid I took showing the issue. There is such a tight fit that when the dog bone spins on the side where that “c clip hook” is, it pushes the whole front diff case forward and flexes the chassis until the next revolution.

Copy and paste this link: https://youtu.be/QUZHmUMY9XE

The dogbone isn't inserted into the input shaft correctly because its hung up on the retainer ring. You want to insert the dogbone into the input shaft first and will probably have to insert at an angle to clear the retaining ring. You inserted bone into the center diff first and the bone can't clear the ring when you install it straight on. when installed correctly, there will be plenty of free movement in the bone and no binding.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

13.5 expert driver of the night was at 15.630 fast lap and top 5 avg 15.7, top 10 15.8, top 15.9 to put it into perspective.

100k test

80k test

30k test with blue front swaybar and grey front spring

Last edited by trf211; 12-31-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by trf211
From the video it looks like the dogbone is OUTSIDE the C-clip, you want it inside the outdrive past the C-clip. Take the center diff out and put the dog bone in at an angle past the C-clip, reinstall center diff.
That was 100% correct. Thank you for the help.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mgers75
The dogbone isn't inserted into the input shaft correctly because its hung up on the retainer ring. You want to insert the dogbone into the input shaft first and will probably have to insert at an angle to clear the retaining ring. You inserted bone into the center diff first and the bone can't clear the ring when you install it straight on. when installed correctly, there will be plenty of free movement in the bone and no binding.
Worked. Thank you!
Old 01-01-2018, 01:44 AM
Tech Initiate

need some help with gearing. Running the exotek eliminator with a 75 tooth pinion gear and a 13.5 team scream motor.. What pinion do you guys recommend ?
Old 01-01-2018, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sully_
need some help with gearing. Running the exotek eliminator with a 75 tooth pinion gear and a 13.5 team scream motor.. What pinion do you guys recommend ?
I am new at Apex as well people have told me 78 spur 28 pinion. Yesterday at practice I was running a 75 spur and dropped down to 26 pinion but still didn’t have the punch I wanted with a 13.5 motor... I ordered a 78 spur hope it will be here by the weekend.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
The arm breakage is there. No poor build or any other finger pointing back to the driver. The HB and Losi didn't break in the same race conditions. I've been racing long enough to know an issue when I see one and a couple of local team driver's experiencing the same.

I've broken the hard and the kit arms in the front only. The buggy is amazing though. Just looking to finish some of the races I had breakages in.
Questionable at best. I also have broken arms, but every one of those incidents have been spectacular crashes or landing/hitting a pipe at full bore at just the right angle. I encourage you to look within and think about the crashes again... maybe you're asking too much from your car, friend. Durability has never been the hallmark for AE. You know that. They make a great car at a great price, but usually comes at the expense of durability and craftsmanship.

And an RPM option? Really? Let's leave those for the bashers out there.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FinanceGuy14
Questionable at best. I also have broken arms, but every one of those incidents have been spectacular crashes or landing/hitting a pipe at full bore at just the right angle. I encourage you to look within and think about the crashes again... maybe you're asking too much from your car, friend. Durability has never been the hallmark for AE. You know that. They make a great car at a great price, but usually comes at the expense of durability and craftsmanship.

And an RPM option? Really? Let's leave those for the bashers out there.
Can’t really say leave them for the bashers when this was the fix for the previous wheeler. I can look within all I want but never replaced an arm of my previous two wheelers.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

the new arms with a little more material/bulk are way better than the original arms. I haven't had a problem with the improved arms unless I tag a wall or some other driver error.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.