Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

long rear tower would lower the ride height
Old 10-11-2017, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FanBoi
Can you push your spring cups any further down on your eyelet?
Nope its to maximum down

Originally Posted by Krio
The only thing I can possibly see is the shock eyelets on the end of the shock shafts look like they are the long ones.
yes, those are long ones, as per LV setup... but ok will try short ones, but honestly to say I not understand difference what it could make, because distance from shock eylet center to chock body (shock stroke) remains the same...with short eylet sroke is 29.5mm, but with long 27.5mm...just in long eylet case its 2mm more plastic on shaft and thats all... spring reteiner sits in the same distance for both eylets.
But will try, maybe my theory is wrong

Originally Posted by LA-2-AL
I'm at the same 17mm with white springs (same locations) but still have 4mm of adjustment left,, if I run them all the way up like your's are, I can get it down to 12mm
white springs are softer, so maybe thats a reason

Anyway thanks for all help - will try it out at weekend and if will not find solution will come back here for help
Old 10-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

The long eyelets should have a longer distance from the bottom of the shock body to the center of the eyelet. The long and short should bottom out on the threads at the same depth. At the very least, they will allow the spring cup to sit lower.
hardijs likes this.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 5tone
I'd give a try to the N.Cragg astro setup last race and my car was pretty handle and easy to drive.
I ride it without the front upper brace.
Could I reproduce this setup on carpet ?
Will it be risky for the chassis ? (on hard landings for example )
Neil Cragg
Old 10-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 5tone
I'd give a try to the N.Cragg astro setup last race and my car was pretty handle and easy to drive.
I ride it without the front upper brace.
Could I reproduce this setup on carpet ?
Will it be risky for the chassis ? (on hard landings for example )
Neil Cragg removes the top brace as Im sure you've seen from the setup sheets, but Ive heard he's bent the chassis also. May have nothing to do with it, but.....
5tone likes this.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Krio
The long eyelets should have a longer distance from the bottom of the shock body to the center of the eyelet. The long and short should bottom out on the threads at the same depth. At the very least, they will allow the spring cup to sit lower.
short eyelets+a bit shorter shaft stroke solved my issue with ride height
Now my buggy sits 14mm at rear - can`t wait to try it out on track.
Krio likes this.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Piles
Neil Cragg removes the top brace as Im sure you've seen from the setup sheets, but Ive heard he's bent the chassis also. May have nothing to do with it, but.....
I've seen bent or broken steering posts from running no front brace as well
Old 10-15-2017, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trf211
I've seen bent or broken steering posts from running no front brace as well
I thought of the possibility to bent the chassis but the steering post...
We all talk about the top brace 92039 ?
Old 10-15-2017, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
how are you temping right now?

Assuming your motor isn't having issues, personally when running spec classes I start by using a method that the late Big Jim, one of the premier motor guys of his time recommended to me, with a few changes. Basically, he said to start by gearing your vehicle to top out towards the end of the longest straight, then check temps. I do this, within reason if the straight is really long or insanely short, and see how the vehicle feels and how the temps are.

If all looks good, I usually stick with that gearing or adjust about a tooth or 2. This in general has worked really well for me on a variety of vehicle platforms from 1/10 scale 2wd an 4wd buggy up to 1/8 E truggy.

Hope this helps.

as a side note, you can over heat a motor by being undergeared and have it revving at its high end range of the throttle all the time. If you find you are pretty much topped out throttle wise around most of the track, especially very very early going down a straight, I would give my gearing a look for sure.
I agree with this method 100% I try and stick to this method for most tracks and its been working for me as well... Good knowledge to have thanks man
Old 10-18-2017, 01:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone used the Exotek lockout with the B64 for 13.5...if so, how is it?

I'm thinking of getting it but what parts do i need? It says i need the different sized center dog bones for the B64D and the B64D center diff cover...but as far as i know that center diff cover is the same for the B64/B64D. I checked both manuals and it is listed as the same part number. Am i missing something here or they just got that wrong?
Old 10-18-2017, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TA079
Has anyone used the Exotek lockout with the B64 for 13.5...if so, how is it?

I'm thinking of getting it but what parts do i need? It says i need the different sized center dog bones for the B64D and the B64D center diff cover...but as far as i know that center diff cover is the same for the B64/B64D. I checked both manuals and it is listed as the same part number. Am i missing something here or they just got that wrong?
Got it, tried it. Works really well for what it does. No other parts needed, just make sure you mount the spur on the correct side of the center shaft.
Oh, and it will work with stock bones or MIP roller stuff. So, that's a nice touch.

But, I'm going back to the center diff. Diff just works better with my driving style. Going to put it up in the FS section later today.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

but i DO need to get the 64D bones though right, i have a B64 with the stock bones and slipper
Old 10-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

but i DO need to get the 64D bones though right, i have a B64 with the stock bones and slipper
Yes.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Oh ya, didn't think about different bones in the B64 vs B64D.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Is someone get the size/ref. of the drive pins for the B64/B6 platform ?
doesnt' find any replacement kit on the AE site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.