Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Old 03-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I had another race day with the B64. I finished 3rd because everybody else broke. My honest and unbiased opinion is that out of the box the TLR 22-4 2.0 is a better car. It pains me to say that as I absolutely hate and despise Losi stuff but they got it right the second time around. You can buy the 2nd version of the 22-4 and run it almost anywhere with the box set up and win, not just be competitive, but win. Can't do that with the B64. Fast guys are going to be fast with whatever car they have but the rest of us have to rely on set up. Associated failed in that respect. They knew what they had to achieve before the car was released and they didn't deliver. It doesn't matter that other cars have been out longer. This one is new and needed to be better, its not.

I am not fast but I am very consistent. The only reason that I finished well today is because I drove very conservatively and instead of letting it rip I cruised around the track trying not to hit anything. A lot of other guys have already broken a lot of parts. Today I saw an arm, a tower, both, and the front gearbox/bulkhead. The best part is that almost none of that stuff is available!

I am an AE fan and will continue to try to make the car work but I'm not afraid to admit the truth. I can pull out my 22-4 2.0 with the kit set up and run better. If the B64 is so much better with 13 degree caster blocks [or whatever] it should have come with them, if it could run better with different springs it should have come with them, and if simple tuning could have made it better the kit setup should be better. I think the design offers enough advantages over the competition but the execution isn't there.

The bottom line is that I'm more annoyed than impressed. AE needs to improve the plastic that they are using and they need to make the stock set up better even if that means including different parts. If I had to grade the B64D I'd give it a B or B-. Its not a bad car but its not good enough. I'm ready for the flaming to begin from folks that have not owned an XB4 or 22-4......lets hear it. I'm ready.
You can't compare a brand new platform to a car that's been out for a few years and been refined like the Xb4 and the 224 platforms. Also saying the 224 2.0 is a better car out of the box is also unfair for the same reason. If I remember correctly the 224 1.0 wasn't all that great. Once it was refined to where it is now it's dialed. Not 1 company has ever hit a home run with a new platform. Give AE some time to gather feedback from avg. users and the team drivers. I guarantee in a year the b64 will be a totally different animal.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
Honestly dont see how people are breaking parts. Saturday I had a practice day with mine. I let my buddy (who is a true sportsman driver) drive my B64D. He hit just about everything on the track. Zero broken parts. Tore the car down this week to inspect the diffs, etc. The B64D is a solid car.
Youre lucky. My local track has 5 or more new 64Ds. The shop cant keep front arms in stock they break so often. I understand a bad driver or 2 but we have some lcoal pros and they are experiencing the same issues.

Front arms, shock towers, steering rack breakage. This is a 10th scale track and none of that 1/8th scale jump stuff. Front end of this car needs help badly.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trickyii
lcoal pros
Old 03-21-2017, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trickyii
Youre lucky. My local track has 5 or more new 64Ds. The shop cant keep front arms in stock they break so often. I understand a bad driver or 2 but we have some lcoal pros and they are experiencing the same issues.

Front arms, shock towers, steering rack breakage. This is a 10th scale track and none of that 1/8th scale jump stuff. Front end of this car needs help badly.
Hey be careful what you say some ears don't like hearing their product is fragile.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Just to toss more meaningless personal experience into the thread:

Now that I've broken both front arms that came in the kit (and they both had air pockets as others have experienced), I've had zero issues after another 10 full packs on the track. Crossing my fingers this keeps up because I don't have any more spares.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
You can't compare a brand new platform to a car that's been out for a few years and been refined like the Xb4 and the 224 platforms. Also saying the 224 2.0 is a better car out of the box is also unfair for the same reason. If I remember correctly the 224 1.0 wasn't all that great. Once it was refined to where it is now it's dialed. Not 1 company has ever hit a home run with a new platform. Give AE some time to gather feedback from avg. users and the team drivers. I guarantee in a year the b64 will be a totally different animal.
I knew that this would come up. I'm just going to play the devils advocate for a second while answer you. Keep in mind I have 2 of each cars and am still working through my B64 issues. I like the brand and I'm willing to support them. That doesn't mean I can't be disappointed and share my very unbiased opinion based on my personal experience.

AE was aware of what the current cars [it competitors] were like. Why would they release something not on par with what is already selling? As a consumer I don't care that the car is gen 1. Not my concern. The car should have been able to compete with what was on the market when it came out. Why buy a car with teething pains when I could buy one that's established and has the bugs worked out already. That's kind of my point. What you said about the other cars is true. I don't disagree. However, when the XRAY broke bulkheads etc nobody bought it. TLR actually was very responsive to the market and made their mediocre car much better and then it started to sell. I just would have thought that the new AE would need less evolution. I'm not on this thread telling anybody to buy anything else. I'm just saying that they released an inferior product. Since it was just released why can't I compare it to the competition? Help me out. If most of us didn't have some semblance of brand loyalty why wouldn't we just buy one of the sorted out cars first? Seriously? I am giving it chance but I'm being honest about it. Isn't that what these forums are for?
Cain, ZEe_NYC, tedstryker and 2 others like this.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Just to toss more meaningless personal experience into the thread:

Now that I've broken both front arms that came in the kit (and they both had air pockets as others have experienced), I've had zero issues after another 10 full packs on the track. Crossing my fingers this keeps up because I don't have any more spares.
Not meaningless......sharing is what these forums are for. I assume you're being slightly sarcastic. My only problem with people is when they say things that are untrue or they don't know what they are talking about.

PS: I've lawn darted mine, hit every pipe on the track (at least twice) and cartwheeled it pretty hard. Knock on wood nothing has broken. My only issue was the rear driveshaft retainer came off which didn't affect me at all. However, we sold all of the spares we had which wasn't much......towers and arms. 1 DNF Friday and 2 Sunday.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I drove a guys 64d this part weekend. it was fine. I had a few light crashes. He ended up breaking an arm and shock cap in the main. But he is new to rc and hit a pipe hard while under power. He did have that retainer come off and plans to do the c-clip and oring fix.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I knew that this would come up. I'm just going to play the devils advocate for a second while answer you. Keep in mind I have 2 of each cars and am still working through my B64 issues. I like the brand and I'm willing to support them. That doesn't mean I can't be disappointed and share my very unbiased opinion based on my personal experience.

AE was aware of what the current cars [it competitors] were like. Why would they release something not on par with what is already selling? As a consumer I don't care that the car is gen 1. Not my concern. The car should have been able to compete with what was on the market when it came out. Why buy a car with teething pains when I could buy one that's established and has the bugs worked out already. That's kind of my point. What you said about the other cars is true. I don't disagree. However, when the XRAY broke bulkheads etc nobody bought it. TLR actually was very responsive to the market and made their mediocre car much better and then it started to sell. I just would have thought that the new AE would need less evolution. I'm not on this thread telling anybody to buy anything else. I'm just saying that they released an inferior product. Since it was just released why can't I compare it to the competition? Help me out. If most of us didn't have some semblance of brand loyalty why wouldn't we just buy one of the sorted out cars first? Seriously? I am giving it chance but I'm being honest about it. Isn't that what these forums are for?
because they dont involve us in testing. lol. we break crap way more than Cav or rivkin Send me that car. I will see what it is made out of. lol
Scott R likes this.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
I guarantee in a year the b64 will be a totally different animal.
Yes, they will even have a name for it...the B64.1D
Old 03-21-2017, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I drove a guys 64d this part weekend. it was fine. I had a few light crashes. He ended up breaking an arm and shock cap in the main. But he is new to rc and hit a pipe hard while under power. He did have that retainer come off and plans to do the c-clip and oring fix.
Is the c-clip fix just adding the o-rings to the outdrives? Or is there a separate fix I need to do?
Old 03-21-2017, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think the first generation b64d did a pretty good job at the Reedy Race of Champions. The Yokomo following the leader broke. Just saying.
At least if you break a part on the b64d, it doesn't cost you 4 times more than it should.
PolarRoller likes this.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daedalus
Is the c-clip fix just adding the o-rings to the outdrives? Or is there a separate fix I need to do?
3/8" Snap ring to get rid of the C/G clip.
Wildcat1971 likes this.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Every company that has come out with a new platform has had issues after the initial release. Name 1 kit (new platform) that was crushing the competetion the first month it was out? They do there best in r&d and team driver testing to put out the car they think will be the one. However once it starts getting put through the paces the weak points come to the surface and are hopefully addressed promptly. Eventually the car gets a few months and the set ups get better etc.

Why would I buy the brand new kit from brand A when I can buy this proven kit from brand B? You the consumer have to weigh the pros and cons and go with what you feel is the best decision for you. Most of us who have been racing for a while know about the infancy stage of a new kit. There will be bugs. Some guys won't even buy that car untill the 2.0 or .2 version is released a year or 2 later. However the brand loyal guys will always buy the kit and enjoy working through all the little issues that come about. That's kind of the fun part about rc isn't it? Besides winning of course.
dmatter likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.