Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 Buggy Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default 1/10 Buggy Questions

So, I went to buy the B6D last week and all my local hobby stores where out. I ended up getting a b4.2 RTR as I wanted to race one that weekend. I went ahead and bought a new transmitter (DX4C), Motor / ESC combo (Castle SV3 4600kv), new servo (Savox 1257TG), and new tires / wheels. I replaced the front A-Arms with RPM and also the front bulkhead as well. I have two traxxas slash (one for stock class and one PROSCT)

Our 2 boys (9 and 6) love to race on Saturdays. I was thinking of putting the RC4.2 back to stock (also would swap out the Traxxas TX and RX from one of the slash's, this controller is smaller / easier for their hands and less functions to be moved / adjusted, any issues with putting this on a stock RC4.2?) Our oldest would race this in the novice class. Would this be a mistake for a 9 year old to run? Would we be replacing parts often?

I would then put the castle sv3 motor, esc, savox servo, DX4C TX / RX, on the B6D. I would use the wheels / tires I bought as well (I assume the hex style fits on the B6D as well? Other than the spur / pinon and paint for the body anything else I would need? I know I would need a battery (which style batteries do I need to get? square / shorty / Something else?

This would basically use up all the spare parts that I have laying around as well. Any concerns / challenges with doing this?
Old 09-14-2016, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Can anyone please share their input please. Thanks
Old 09-14-2016, 08:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I think it's going to depend on your track rules. If it is a ROAR sanctioned track both of those setups will probably be limited to the beginner class or mod. I have a B4.2 rtr and its great for bashing and beginner class but the motor is illegal in anything else. The Castle brand is mainly for bashing. It can be raced but it's not reccomend. I would suggest a sensored motor/esc combo. The class you want to run in will determine what motor you get. Most 10th esc's can handle whatever motor. At my track we have four classes of 2wd.

Beginner - bring what you got. Anything goes.

Sportsman stock - 17.5, 2s, blinky esc (entry level)

Pro Stock - 17.5, 2s, blinky esc (pro drivers only)

Mod - any motor, 2s, blinky esc

I don't reccomend mod at first mostly because it it's mostly pro drivers that can handle the extra speed.

I would reccomend stock. For what you paid for the castle you might be able to get tekin. I like the speed passion esc as well. It's what I use along with a Short stack trinity motor.

Your tx is a good choice.

Are you using lipo batteries? They tend to be more expensive but maintain voltage better as they drain.

I don't know for sure but the tires and wheels you got should work on both buggies.