Search
Like Tree187Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
You don't have the custom collar adapters with 2.0 tuning springs if you couldn't get your ride height as low as 21mm font and 23mm rear, but who runs that. That modification to run the 2.0 springs with the collar adapters was tested in every way. It works. See the pics I posted with ride height around 24mm and adjustment left for up and down. Better yet, post pics of your truck showing why it wont work.

Never cut a spring. That changes the rate to something you can't reference or use.
Not trying to ruffle feathers here. Just wanted to give my findings. I received the collars from you. It was a pleasure to deal with you. And i received then very fast.

I ran my 2.0 tuning springs. 2.0 spring perches. Black front, red rear springs. I even tried taking the stock 22 collars off and running only the adapters. Typically I run front and rear 23-25mm depending on the track design. Lowest I could get was 27mm. The additional height made my truck roll into the corners alot more. And the roll made me less consistent. I guess I should have took pictures. But at this point that isn't an option since I cut the springs down. I already pitched the springs.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fordohio
Not trying to ruffle feathers here. Just wanted to give my findings. I received the collars from you. It was a pleasure to deal with you. And i received then very fast.

I ran my 2.0 tuning springs. 2.0 spring perches. Black front, red rear springs. I even tried taking the stock 22 collars off and running only the adapters. Typically I run front and rear 23-25mm depending on the track design. Lowest I could get was 27mm. The additional height made my truck roll into the corners alot more. And the roll made me less consistent. I guess I should have took pictures. But at this point that isn't an option since I cut the springs down. I already pitched the springs.
Hey, I don't bite and I don't get mad about this stuff. Doesn't help anybody to do that.

I can't duplicate that on my truck.

Is this a 3.0 truck?

Maybe a 2.0 with the 22 shock upgrade? Issue would be a arms, different holes.

Are shocks built with 0 rebound? Shaft stays in when depressed.

Is it possible you are running a taller tire with big lugs which increases ride height?

Lets figure it out. Something is not the same.

After some research I may see the problem. You have the 2.0 truck. You tested the 3.0 a arms and went back to 2.0 a arms. I'm thinking you must be running the 2.0 truck with 22 shocks and custom pistons. It can work if shocks are built to 3.0 spec and shocks are located further out on the arms like the 3.0 setup calls for.

Last edited by Thunder Trail; 02-12-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Josh L
Thunder Trail noted this a while back and suggest you run the 1mm longer 2.0 rear hinge pins, or the set sold by M2C here> 59mm Rear pins
Thanks for the information; I see you are from VA so maybe I will see you at the virginia state offroad event in March in Chesapeake. I will be there unless that same day is opening day for my son's baseball as the schedule has not been announced yet....we shall see.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, just getting into the racing side of this hobby and ordered the 3.0 for my first SC. Thread has been helpful with all the part numbers.kit is home waiting to be assembled.wanted to ask you guys for your advice on electronics. Mixed reviews for HW and tekin but there where a few people who said they run a combination of tekin rx8 with HW motor.is that a good route to go? Most of the tracks are 1/8 and most outdoors. Any advice would be great. Excited to get into racing as I've been a basher only before this.thanks again.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ebond009
Hey guys, just getting into the racing side of this hobby and ordered the 3.0 for my first SC. Thread has been helpful with all the part numbers.kit is home waiting to be assembled.wanted to ask you guys for your advice on electronics. Mixed reviews for HW and tekin but there where a few people who said they run a combination of tekin rx8 with HW motor.is that a good route to go? Most of the tracks are 1/8 and most outdoors. Any advice would be great. Excited to get into racing as I've been a basher only before this.thanks again.
100 people, 100 answers. In the past the Tekin software made my HW motor faster than other ESC combos. I believe the Tekin software has an advantage. However, the new HW ESCs available now run sensored mode full time. Tekin's dual drive is so awesome for my setup, but I'm waiting for my sponsor price to get the new HW units and test them. Will be testing the SCT Pro with the new HW long can 4300kv motor that I just got. Truth is, we have so much power on tap now that tires can't hold it. You can't go wrong with Tekin, HW or the new Castle X. All will be capable of winning with the right combination and setup. Stick to sensored and top name brands.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

You can mix and match no issues there. Tekin RX8 and Pro-4 4600 setup has worked well for me for years now and good for big or small tracks.

If you are really only running on big loose tracks may want to consider a 2 pole 4.5T motor as well. A little better top end and not as much bottom end torque.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekin-r...tt2243/p178468
Old 02-13-2017, 02:55 PM
Tech Rookie

I ran the truck first time Sat. Broke a top shock mount bolt, but just wanted to see what all needed adjusted and whatnot.

Found out the DX6R had Tekin hot-wire app already installed to help with my question a few pages back. The truck ran great lap times, handles very well and only needed a couple adjustments tightened from my building.

I put in a Mod1 14 pinion, which I wonder if I should switch out for a little more speed and i'm going to try the torque setting from 4 to 5(highest 10) as I get use to it's handling.

Thanks for all the prior posts in answering questions that makes this truck a greater truck.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks thunder and Casper. Helps alot.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello.

im new here in this forum, just building up my scte 3.0 and I am wondering has anyone done any own modifications on the car.

I am modifying hingepin holders so I can use Tekno sct410.3 adjustment "dots" , also I need to change Teknos hingepins cause those are bit bigger. Good is more adjustments for arms, also I can make pins bit longer cause been reading that some of You had promblems with pins and that has something to do with lenght of the scte 3.0 pin ?

Mostly I am doing this mod because I can and want to build stuff. No other reason. Just wanted to share this and see anyone has done anything similar .
Old 02-15-2017, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I hate to even have to ask this here, but since i'm in the build process on this one, what pinions is everyone using?

I'm more familiar with 540 motors and the 48p variety.

Is there a good 6 Pack or a nice set of pinions someone can point me to?
Old 02-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thirtydaZe
I hate to even have to ask this here, but since i'm in the build process on this one, what pinions is everyone using?

I'm more familiar with 540 motors and the 48p variety.

Is there a good 6 Pack or a nice set of pinions someone can point me to?
Typically in SCT 4x4 running 540 size 4 pole motors, you're going to be using somewhere in the 13-18t range mod1 pinions for motors ranging from 4000kv - 4700kv on 2S batteries.
The most common pinion tends to be a 14-15.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kipsi1980
Hello.
im new here in this forum, just building up my scte 3.0 and I am wondering has anyone done any own modifications on the car.
In short yes, there have been several mods done to these trucks, from the 1.0 through the 3.0
The largest talked about with the 3.0 is using the older 2.0 springs.
Then there is the mod where you can move the rear shocks to the front and build a longer bodied/shaft shock for the rear as well if you want full droop.
People are also moving the battery to the outside of the chassis pan which gives a more trued side to side weight bias.
You're the first I have heard that wants to run different make hinge pin braces made for another truck however, but now we can also chalk that one to the list of things done to the 3.0
Old 02-15-2017, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ordered my sctn 3.0 Monday has my first Electric off road truck and plan on running both a 2 cell and a 3cell set up. I just ordered a 3 cell battery so I won't see it for a week and I won't have the truck built till this weekend, my question is, can a 3 cell even fit? I was thinking the battery mount had some hieght adjustment.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Typically in SCT 4x4 running 540 size 4 pole motors, you're going to be using somewhere in the 13-18t range mod1 pinions for motors ranging from 4000kv - 4700kv on 2S batteries.
The most common pinion tends to be a 14-15.
I guess i didn't finish my thought.

I'll either be running a Tekin Pro4, or an Orion VST pro 550.

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cobrajet
I ordered my sctn 3.0 Monday has my first Electric off road truck and plan on running both a 2 cell and a 3cell set up. I just ordered a 3 cell battery so I won't see it for a week and I won't have the truck built till this weekend, my question is, can a 3 cell even fit? I was thinking the battery mount had some hieght adjustment.
I'm sure you can shim it to fit and use longer screws. However, the 2.0 screw down mount would work best with much more adjustment. As for it actually fitting, there are so many brands and sizes of lipos these days there is no way to know for sure until you have lipo and truck on the bench in front of you. Good Luck with your choices. It should be a rocket on 3s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.