Search
Like Tree187Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sykemike
Thank you very much. I probably screwed up. I bought the scbe, and look on here for setups. Diffs, shocks and so on. I'm up grading this scbe with 2.0 chassis, carbon shock towers, all rear hubs and rear all Insets. With the twins universal shafts. Dog bone in center shafts. All front carriers and all spindles. Now I hear this news. Did I screw that bad? Lol
I don't see that you did anything wrong. Did you not want the SCBE? Its 99% the same parts that are on the Troy Lee truck and close to the 2.0 truck with nearly all parts bolting on. If you decided to race it as a truck the parts are east to find. Have fun with it. I like the design, but no class near me.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trucks arrived in the UK on Friday, been building over the weekend and just finished:

Pardon the beat up bodyshell, new one only just sent to painter

Bildo likes this.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Race 3 Update: Took 2nd in qualifying. Got rained out for main.
Blew out another wheel.....ran a practice pack with a set of blockades. Burned out the center within 2 laps, ran Holeshots the rest of the day with no issues. I'm convinced it's the blockades. Gonna mount them on a set of DE wheels and see what happens
Old 10-02-2016, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've been running DE wheels on all my vehicles for 4 years with no issues
Old 10-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

There is something seriously wrong with what you are doing or a bad part if you are blowing out the centers of wheels? Is there anyone at your club that can take a look over your truck?
Old 10-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Please delete

Last edited by KingHobbies; 10-02-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
There is something seriously wrong with what you are doing or a bad part if you are blowing out the centers of wheels? Is there anyone at your club that can take a look over your truck?
It's the back left wheel everytime. I ran AKA chainlinks all day Saturday with no problem. Ran Holshots all day Sunday with no problems(after the Blockades blew another rim out)EVERYTIME I run blockades is tears apart the wheel......I'm not doing anything wrong. The truck is built perfect. Would post pics if I could
Old 10-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The tire on the wheel should not affect this. That is just weird. What wheels are you running? Stock Losi?
Old 10-03-2016, 05:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
The tire on the wheel should not affect this. That is just weird. What wheels are you running? Stock Losi?
Yes, first time it happened was the 2.0 wheels. Next 2 times it was with the 3.0 wheels. It is weird.
I'm gonna give it one more try with DE wheels and see what happens
The track had long left hand sweepers on both ends of the track. The truck is dialed, hits and holds both sweepers at full throttle. I'm thinking this might have something to do with it.
But the truck runs so much better with the blockades...for 2 laps. Thanks for you your concern Casper. Hopefully I get this figured out
Old 10-03-2016, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deton8er
It's the back left wheel everytime. I ran AKA chainlinks all day Saturday with no problem. Ran Holshots all day Sunday with no problems(after the Blockades blew another rim out)EVERYTIME I run blockades is tears apart the wheel......I'm not doing anything wrong. The truck is built perfect. Would post pics if I could
Here are some major causes:

- wheel nut too tight
- wheel nut too lose
- wheel bearing shot causing heat
- axle bent causing heat
- hex is not tight around axle and pin
- CVD joint bound, dirty, or unlubed

if only your back left is doing it every time, there's clearly something wrong as this doesn't happen if everything is right.

you also might want to check your diff make the wheels spin in opposite directions when you spin one wheel. make sure your power delivery is correct...

Last edited by lyons238; 10-03-2016 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lyons238
Here are some major causes:

- wheel nut too tight
- wheel nut too lose
- wheel bearing shot causing heat
- axle bent causing heat
- hex is not tight around axle and pin

if only your back left is doing it every time, there's clearly something wrong as this doesn't happen if everything is right.

you also might want to check your diff make the wheels spin in opposite directions when you spin one wheel. make sure your power delivery is correct...
Thanks for the reply. Believe me I went over all of those issues. I replaced bearings, wheel nuts, axle, and put locking hexes and aluminums hubs on. Still doing it.
Not sure if you guys are missing this......but it ONLY happens when running BLOCKADES. Never happens when running any other tires indoor or outdoors.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply. Believe me I went over all of those issues. I replaced bearings, wheel nuts, axle, and put locking hexes and aluminums hubs on. Still doing it.
Not sure if you guys are missing this......but it ONLY happens when running BLOCKADES. Never happens when running any other tires indoor or outdoors.
hmm that just makes no sense. why would it be doing it only on one tire with blockades? the tires should have no impact on ripping the center of the wheel out. UNLESS there's another issue and blockades have the most traction aat your track and it's causing the afflicted wheel to busttt.

OH and i forgot another major cause. make sure your CVD's are functioning correctly, i've had this issue where my CVD was bound, dirty, and dry and my axles were on fire, it melted my wheel hex a tad, if i kept driving it would have busted.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

I forgot to mention. It happened once to the front left as well. 3 times to the rear wheel. I do think it's from too much traction on the left hand sweepers.
I believe I have found a chink in the 3.0 chain.

Last edited by Deton8er; 10-03-2016 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, first time it happened was the 2.0 wheels. Next 2 times it was with the 3.0 wheels. It is weird.
I'm gonna give it one more try with DE wheels and see what happens
The track had long left hand sweepers on both ends of the track. The truck is dialed, hits and holds both sweepers at full throttle. I'm thinking this might have something to do with it.
But the truck runs so much better with the blockades...for 2 laps. Thanks for you your concern Casper. Hopefully I get this figured out

look in side the rim see if anything looks like it's rubbing or getting hitting
on something. it's only happening when he has resistance/weight of
the truck on the ground and only those wheels.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

i run blockades on mine glued on to de solid dish rims.
they worked great. it's not the blockades.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.