Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Vision Racing Products (VRP)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 10:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

I purchased some VX2 5x1.5 for my X-Ray XB8E and can't be happier.
At the time I purchased the pistons I also purchased an extra set of valves, I guess they are the hard valves. They have a Silver Dot on one end.
Do I have the "Hard Valve" or something else?
Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Losi T-Racer
I purchased some VX2 5x1.5 for my X-Ray XB8E and can't be happier.
At the time I purchased the pistons I also purchased an extra set of valves, I guess they are the hard valves. They have a Silver Dot on one end.
Do I have the "Hard Valve" or something else?
Thanks in advance for the info.
The valves with the silver dot are the hard valves. These are used on smoother, high bite tracks to slow down the rebound. The valves that come in the xv2 pistons are what most use. But if you run on a really high bite track, give the hard valves a try.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
The valves with the silver dot are the hard valves. These are used on smoother, high bite tracks to slow down the rebound. The valves that come in the xv2 pistons are what most use. But if you run on a really high bite track, give the hard valves a try.
Thanks, I will swap them this week and give them a try as I feel like I have a little to much rebound with the stock valves. Our track isn't the smoothest but it does have good traction even when its dry and dusty.

Thanks again and I like the pistons, Game Changers and VX2's.
Thanks for doing the work and massive amounts of research to produce a great product. We need more as yourself.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Losi T-Racer
Thanks, I will swap them this week and give them a try as I feel like I have a little to much rebound with the stock valves. Our track isn't the smoothest but it does have good traction even when its dry and dusty.

Thanks again and I like the pistons, Game Changers and VX2's.
Thanks for doing the work and massive amounts of research to produce a great product. We need more as yourself.

Thank you for the kind words. Here at VRP, we strive to make quality products. We are always looking to improve the quality standards in this industry. We are also proud to be able to say all of our products are made in house, 100% USA made.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Default RC8B3 Throttle Linkage Brace

We here at VRP are always thinking of new products to come up with. Recently we started looking at the throttle linkage on nitro cars in general. Most nitro cars have some flex in the throttle servo area, espically under hard breaking. We started looking at my personal RC8B3. We noticed that there was a slight flex under hard breaking. This essentially causes more stress to your throttle servo, which over time can damage your servo. In testing, I was able to turn my brake EPA down over 20% and my brakes stay consistent throughout long mains. We have developed a new cnc top brace for the center diff that has a new hole drilled and tapped for the linkage brace ball stud. All of the components needed for the brace will be included in the kit.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Slomo action video

Here's a couple of short slomo video of VRP pistons in action with a Tekno sct410.3 equipped with 5x1.5 pistons and 20wt Losi oil all around on super high traction clay.

https://youtu.be/iascQYzVuTM

https://youtu.be/TI52Igh2qc8
Old 08-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

Default Vision Racing Products B6/B6D Chassis Weights

VRP would like to introduce its first weights for the B6/B6D. These are aluminum 9 gram and 13 gram chassis weights. These will add more tune-ability to your B6/B6D. The weights will be sold separately and in a set. Available now on our website!
Attached Thumbnails Vision Racing Products (VRP)-image.jpeg  
Old 08-02-2016, 02:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Where do you mount your speedo and receiver with those?
Old 08-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lowe's48
Here's a couple of short slomo video of VRP pistons in action with a Tekno sct410.3 equipped with 5x1.5 pistons and 20wt Losi oil all around on super high traction clay.

https://youtu.be/iascQYzVuTM

https://youtu.be/TI52Igh2qc8
looks good:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Socket
I believe we already had this talk on the B6 thread. The surface is butter smooth, smoother than how most are mounting their esc and receiver on the chassis currently.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Smiley,
I think the confusion for mounting comes from the way the aluminum appears to be stepped ,as you milled the piece. Visually I would think unsmooth,or stepped. I have machining experience, and realize it is visually deceiving..I believe no problems at all with mounting electronics.

Any chance of steel being fabbed?
Old 08-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Socket
hmmm idk.. how about...................... on top?
Old 08-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hyperdive08
Smiley,
I think the confusion for mounting comes from the way the aluminum appears to be stepped ,as you milled the piece. Visually I would think unsmooth,or stepped. I have machining experience, and realize it is visually deceiving..I believe no problems at all with mounting electronics.

Any chance of steel being fabbed?
The picture is deceiving. You see the tool markings. It actually extremely smooth. Smoother than the chassis where electronics are being mounted currently. Heavier weights soon to come.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Okokobioko
hmmm idk.. how about...................... on top?
Too funny 😂
Old 08-03-2016, 06:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
The picture is deceiving. You see the tool markings. It actually extremely smooth. Smoother than the chassis where electronics are being mounted currently. Heavier weights soon to come.
How about using Tungsten/Tungsten Carbide?
It's roughly .63lbs per cubic inch.
Cost more than Alumimum, Steel or Copper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.