Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New To Forum!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New To Forum!

I'm new to the forum but not new to R/C's. I got out of them some time back, just not enough time or money! I have a Team Losi Junior T that just before I stoped playing with it I had converted it to gas useing the XXT conversion kit! Well I was having problem with the chassis flexing too much and burning up pinion gears. Well I got a new job in an alumminum fab shop so i thoguth what a great opertunity to dig out the old R/C and build a new chassis for it. So that's what I'm doing now. Hopefully I 'll have it back up and running this weekend!

Has anyone done anything like this before? Does any even run the Junior T or even know what it is??

Is there any Losi Forums??

Nick
Old 12-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Hello Rocfrog and welcome to our forum!

Sound to me like you got out a long time ago, at least before my time. LOL I am sure things like that have been done but usually with not much sucess. I guess is would depend on what you want to do with it when you were done. If you just wanted to play around with it and home or at the park it sounds like it might be fun to make your own chassis. If you want to race it and be anywhere near competitive buy something that is in use today. RC cars have come a very long way since you got out.

Bump
Old 12-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Welcome.

A JrT was my second R/C car, back in, oh, 1991-2. Before that was a Traxxas Hawk. Then I had a JrxPro SE, which I still own, though it's in a bad shape right now. It's soon to be rebuilt, got some parts(hard to find), just need time now.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool Thanks! I just want to get it running so I cna have some fun! I used to race but that was never as much for me as just running it around in the yard or on the feild so I don't think I'll be racing it at all! I do want to get the new Traxxs T-Maxx 2.5 but just don't have that kind of extra money laying around right now!

SpeedBump57......It feels like it has been for ever sence I've even seen my R/C cars but I never stopped looking at magazines and trying to stay up with all the changes! LOL! Then I got on these forums and people are like "What's a Junior T??" So that makes it feel like it's been even longer!

Nick
Old 12-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Good deal, let us know how it goes and post some pictures of the new chassis if you can.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SpeedBump57
Good deal, let us know how it goes and post some pictures of the new chassis if you can.

Here are some pics from the other day! I started putting all the holes in it today but I can only work on it during lunch so not much time but I'll update pics when I get more done!

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Nick
Old 12-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Chassis looks cool.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Looks like quite a project. Keep us posted!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

You will encounter some problems when installing the necesary items on the chassis and you might find that some of the screws might line with the checkerplate risings. It would have been best to use a smooth 2.5mm Aluminium plate for the chassis, but otherwise having a Checkerplate chassis is something unique at least.