Search
Like Tree100Likes

Serpent SRX8-E

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savage24x
Extremely worth it. Only a year old. Arguably the most tunable buggy on the market with an extraordinary amount of tuning options. Ton of improvements over the Cobra. Most Serpent owners get help through the facebook groups for each of their cars. We don't have many active users on RCTech. You will notice a ton of improvements over the Cobra once you switch, especially the electronics tray/setup!

Yes that is one of the major drawback with the Cobra is the idiocy of how they did the electronics, one of the major reasons as to why I want to swap to the SRXe for now. I have tons of parts for the Cobra, not many will work with the SRX series though.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

So I bought the used SRX8e from the marketplace. Should be shipped on Monday. I have the RX8 Gen2 and T8 Gen2 1900kv already for it. Will post pics once I get it and start working on it.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Where are you placing the transponder on this car. It does not seem to have a specific location for it. I have seen people place on top of the raio box, but I rather have it placed far away from the Rx area in order to prevent any radio interference if any.

Mugen has a little tray for the transponder which I might try and get my hands on, and see if I find a place to place it. If not I could fab something i guess. Car should be delivered tomorrow, cannot wait to check the differences between the 811e and SRX8e
Old 12-11-2018, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sebtarta
Where are you placing the transponder on this car. It does not seem to have a specific location for it. I have seen people place on top of the raio box, but I rather have it placed far away from the Rx area in order to prevent any radio interference if any.

Mugen has a little tray for the transponder which I might try and get my hands on, and see if I find a place to place it. If not I could fab something i guess. Car should be delivered tomorrow, cannot wait to check the differences between the 811e and SRX8e
I put it on top of the radio box. I see some put it near the ESC on top of the wire organizer or whatever it’s called.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Got the SRX8e last night. Huge difference vs the Cobra 811e. Chassis is much wider, thought the shocks were going to be interchangeable but the SRX8e seem to be slightly longer. The arms as we know is a massive improvement. The servo mount, ESC tray and such is so much better than the old cousin.

Comparo of the 811e and the SRX8e side by side

The plethora of parts that I got with the car, which is a huge plus.

The mini rear center shaft and the front center shaft pins were not in very good condition.

Back then I bought a huge duffle bag of 1/8 parts and tools, in there was the Hudy pin removal/installer. First time I used it, first time I doing this as well, worked like a charm. Second picture shows the old vs new pin installed in the center drive shaft.

So far, I like it. Will try and get the electronics done before the weekend.
savage24x likes this.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Got the SRX8e last night. Huge difference vs the Cobra 811e. Chassis is much wider, thought the shocks were going to be interchangeable but the SRX8e seem to be slightly longer. The arms as we know is a massive improvement. The servo mount, ESC tray and such is so much better than the old cousin.

Comparo of the 811e and the SRX8e side by side

The plethora of parts that I got with the car, which is a huge plus.

The mini rear center shaft and the front center shaft pins were not in very good condition.

Back then I bought a huge duffle bag of 1/8 parts and tools, in there was the Hudy pin removal/installer. First time I used it, first time I doing this as well, worked like a charm. Second picture shows the old vs new pin installed in the center drive shaft.

So far, I like it. Will try and get the electronics done before the weekend.
Even the camberlinks are much stronger. Looks awesome, you'll love it!!
Old 12-13-2018, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by savage24x
Got a stainless screw kit E-Mailed them and Mike put it up on the website for everyone. Can't wait for it to come in. Serpent SRX8E Stainless Hardware Kit - Team KNK Hardware

Did you use the kit yet? I feel like buying this as I will need to replace the chassis soon.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Did you use the kit yet? I feel like buying this as I will need to replace the chassis soon.
Yes, amazing kit!
Old 12-13-2018, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Damn it! You are supposed to say, "nah not worth it"

Now I have to go and buy the screw kit and the chassis!

-----
Edit: chassis, screw kit, tires and more on its way!
savage24x likes this.

Last edited by sebtarta; 12-13-2018 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Santa is coming
Old 12-23-2018, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Finished getting the car ready. Drove the car today and big difference from the 811. Seems to have a much quicker reaction going into corner.

Not my best in soldering, but it works.

Full chassis, the radio box needs to be slightly taller to all the cables from the plug have a little more room, in my opinion.

I then got my bag of stainless screws and bought a new chassis as well.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Is this the standard or lightweight chassis? I'm considering getting the lightweight after a guy in the club switched to it and said it made a huge difference. Not sure what the downside would be - it doesn't seem weak, on the other hand, then I don't understand why the standard chassis needed to be as heavy as it is.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stpe
Is this the standard or lightweight chassis? I'm considering getting the lightweight after a guy in the club switched to it and said it made a huge difference. Not sure what the downside would be - it doesn't seem weak, on the other hand, then I don't understand why the standard chassis needed to be as heavy as it is.
That’s the standard. I’ve heard good thing about lightweight chassis too
Old 01-22-2019, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

I bought that chassis mainly because of price. It was on eBay brand new for $45 shipped. No brainer for me. I am no pro racer, just a track weekend apprentice-warrior. So for me it seemed not worth shelling $100 for the light weight chassis.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i hope new e-truggy next please
Old 01-29-2019, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Last night I decided to go through the SRX8e that I bought a few months ago. Well come to find out...some rust was spawning! Lets say I had to use the vise to push the hingepin out of the rear suspension arm. Use a small socket to hammer the wheel axle out of the wheel hexagon. I am lucky that I have most of these parts on hand. I will need to order

Basically DO NOT use water to rinse your car, not worth the extra cost involved in the long run.

Last edited by sebtarta; 01-29-2019 at 07:06 AM. Reason: B X all the same

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.