Search
Like Tree31Likes

Kyosho Optima Re-release announced

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rb4276
Any luck with the wing yet?
I got the wing and it looks like it is fine with the sway bar. Just have been lazy and haven't found the time for rc to complete the install. I don't run on winter much (at all). Soon, I hope...
Old 12-21-2017, 06:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
I got the wing and it looks like it is fine with the sway bar. Just have been lazy and haven't found the time for rc to complete the install. I don't run on winter much (at all). Soon, I hope...

Thanks I am goin to order one
Old 12-28-2017, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, it fits great. Finally installed. Easy to apply/remove without tools which is nice. Also put front universals.

Rb4276 likes this.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My co-worker found an Optima in his neighbor's trash. Is there a way to tell if its vintage or reproduction? I'll post pics if necessary, but it has a Novak 4 ESC and a RacePrep motor, both ancient...
Old 03-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Wow RacePrep!! Most likely it’s an original..
Old 03-26-2018, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Default Javelin upgrade with Louise tires

Old 03-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Very sexy!!
MikaR likes this.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Waterproof?

So I just ordered the Optima kit and I can’t wait to start putting her together!

Question I have: assuming I waterproof the electronics, is the rest of the rig waterproof? Will crossing a small steam on a hiking trail mess up the gearbox, diffs, or bearings? I’m not submerging the buggy, just an occasional puddle or stream to cross.

Thx!
Old 07-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Electronics are the only thing you need to worry about .. the driveline etc will be fine
joeR6 likes this.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Old 01-30-2019, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Yep, definitely going to pick this one up. I hope they re-release the Turbo Optima Mid as well.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by soze
Yep, definitely going to pick this one up. I hope they re-release the Turbo Optima Mid as well.
I have read a few posts now stating that Kyosho is going to do more releases if this kit sales well. So far the responses to this news has been nothing but positive.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hobbipro
I have read a few posts now stating that Kyosho is going to do more releases if this kit sales well. So far the responses to this news has been nothing but positive.
For my .02, I'm hoping they don't base future Legends viability on this particular model's sales. I'm committed enough that I purchase first iterations of various 'rere' kits, but not so much that I tend to buy subsequent versions of those (unless I owned the original). For instance, I own the Scorpion, but not the Baja. I own the Avante, but not the Egress. I own the Optima, but do not currently have an intention of purchasing a Turbo Optima. Same for a few other kits (yes, it is a sickness! 8) ). If the first iteration Ultima were to be rereleased, I would be a guaranteed sale. I'd also be a 'likely to buy' should the Optima Mid be rereleased. Subsequent iterations of those vehicles, not so likely. Either way, here is to hoping for success.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gee-dub
For my .02, I'm hoping they don't base future Legends viability on this particular model's sales. I'm committed enough that I purchase first iterations of various 'rere' kits, but not so much that I tend to buy subsequent versions of those (unless I owned the original). For instance, I own the Scorpion, but not the Baja. I own the Avante, but not the Egress. I own the Optima, but do not currently have an intention of purchasing a Turbo Optima. Same for a few other kits (yes, it is a sickness! 8) ). If the first iteration Ultima were to be rereleased, I would be a guaranteed sale. I'd also be a 'likely to buy' should the Optima Mid be rereleased. Subsequent iterations of those vehicles, not so likely. Either way, here is to hoping for success.
Valid point. I personally have passed on the Optima and have been waiting for this one. I also made sure to harass Kyosho for this kit with every post they made on Instagram. I love that they went full gold and that they updated the shocks, especially since the Gold shocks have already been knocked off for $25 a set. I would love to see the Ultima Pro instead of the original. Stoked on the kit, can't wait to get it. Maybe in the future, they could release upgrade kits. Say, release the Optima Mid, and then a Custom Pro upgrade kit. I think it would sell quite well. Those that want both will buy two base kits and one upgrade.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Raman
Speaking of tyres.. mine are starting to wear.

Id like to use the same rims but can't seem to find any tyres that are 43 mm / 1.7", unless they are for crawling.

The Re-re RC10 tyres are 1.6" so they might work...

Anyone else have ideas?
I used the AKA 2.2” Evo wheels with the chainlinks they offer for clay tracks. I imagine there are other dirt tire options as well. The only catch is that the front wheels are a bit narrower due to the clearance issue. I like them quite a bit. I also have a set of the Kyosho Dirt Hog tires and wheels, which are great for loose packed dirt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.