Old 12-31-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Mid motor Ecx

Finished my mid motor boost build

Old 12-31-2015, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Thought I would get with the new age on a budget. Will be testing it out tomorrow
Old 12-31-2015, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Looks very interesting. Can you post some more pictures of the car with the body off?
Old 12-31-2015, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bracket
Looks very interesting. Can you post some more pictures of the car with the body off?

Last edited by drs92; 12-31-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hats off for doing something different. Doesn't look very tunable though. Are you going to proceed further with mods? Looks like a cool project
Old 12-31-2015, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bubbaslash
Hats off for doing something different. Doesn't look very tunable though. Are you going to proceed further with mods? Looks like a cool project
Thanks!! It can be just as tunable as a b4 but not a b5. I thought about doing a metal chassis, and different tranny, and shock towers from other kits. What would You do next?
Old 12-31-2015, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by drs92
Thanks!! It can be just as tunable as a b4 but not a b5. I thought about doing a metal chassis, and different tranny, and shock towers from other kits. What would You do next?
I'm not familiar with that model, but it looks like it uses plastic camber links like Traxxas Rustler/Bandit. That would mean no camber adjustment, plus a lot of flex. If so, some adjustable turnbuckles would be the next mod. Some different shock towers to accomodate roll center adjustment would be a great tuning aid. And some shims or washers to allow anti squat adjustment. Most rear-motor designs have about 3 degrees initially. Mid-motors typically run 0-2 degrees to allow for weight transfer on acceleration. This should help with forward bite since you are running a 3-gear trans with no weight hanging off the back.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Just wondering...does the buggy feel nose-heavy on jumps and upon corner exit? Also, does it share servo with the Torment SCT? If it does, it's gotta go!
Old 12-31-2015, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not familiar with that model, but it looks like it uses plastic camber links like Traxxas Rustler/Bandit. That would mean no camber adjustment, plus a lot of flex. If so, some adjustable turnbuckles would be the next mod. Some different shock towers to accomodate roll center adjustment would be a great tuning aid. And some shims or washers to allow anti squat adjustment. Most rear-motor designs have about 3 degrees initially. Mid-motors typically run 0-2 degrees to allow for weight transfer on acceleration. This should help with forward bite since you are running a 3-gear trans with no weight hanging off the back.
Adjustable turnbuckles are on the list for sure. I could probably find a shock tower to match or add more holes to the original tower with plate extensions. I may be able to put weight somewhere. New shocks hopefully soon
Just wondering...does the buggy feel nose-heavy on jumps and upon corner exit? Also, does it share servo with the Torment SCT? If it does, it's gotta go!
Changed out the servo today. Have not had a chance to hit the track so unsure.

New servo

Servo installed, pretty quick

Anyone know a front shock tower that is very similar to this? Looking for carbon fiber

Old 01-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Before I got to the track!

Found the last one in my area . Excited to try, it's the 17t speed gem short course motor. Geared 17/87 . 0 timing reverse rotation.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by drs92
Before I got to the track!
Found the last one in my area . Excited to try, it's the 17t speed gem short course motor.
Hey, we ran those before we went brushless. Best bang for the buck in a rebuildable brushed motor. Well, that and the 13T Holmes motors. Hey, how is the front-to-rear weight bias? If it's nose heavy, you can always stick a shorty pack sideways just in front of the trans and move the electronics forward