Tires so many choices

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2 View Post
For an outdoor dirt track the AKA Impact and Rebar is all I run in both 2wd & 4wd

The guy simply said the tire he likes to run, his preference.... flaming someone for that?
Is there any value in knowing what a guy half way around the world runs on an outdoor dirt track if you run on indoor carpet? That's a simple yes or no question.

If I haven't posted, and you don't know, what type of surface I'M running on. Can you give me an accurate, helpful tire recommendation? Again that's a simple yes or no question.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
This thread is literally everything that makes up Rctech. First reply is informative, fact based, and perfect. Thread should be over pretty much, right there.
This isn't my first rodeo
Old 11-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Tech Lord

Petty is a very interesting word. I don't find it petty at all to denounce a poster for recommending and giving horrible advice. If you asked about how to adjust ball diffs, and I told you, "Lock that bad boy down and forget about it forever". Wouldn't you be a little upset if you saw someone else giving horribly inaccurate and bad information?

If I ran the place, I'd address it immediately. You can't run a website that continues to be filled with bad information like what was recommended. I'm still laughing, out door tires for indoor carpet.
It's easy. Give bad information to someone, and be ready for your prize.

If poster doesn't give enough information for you to reply with anything worth reading, then don't bother.

Just continues to make my signature more true. People love to give advice, but usually, it's bad advice.
I give you a lot of crap, socket.. but sometimes your posts are spot on... I would classify this entire thread as Internet Gold!
Old 11-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by racer1812
Is there any value in knowing what a guy half way around the world runs on an outdoor dirt track if you run on indoor carpet? That's a simple yes or no question.

If I haven't posted, and you don't know, what type of surface I'M running on. Can you give me an accurate, helpful tire recommendation? Again that's a simple yes or no question.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy

It's very clear that you have no idea what your talking about.

You are happy for someone to run a dirt tire on a carpet track. Suburb or slick? Yep I would rather in impact for sure, but more so a Schumacher mini pin.

Can you confirm if you have raced in Australia? Since you like I assuming I will do the same and say no. So please let me know since you have no idea what racing is like here how can you speculate that the info I have provide is not valid?

Clearly you don't race off-road much. Cause dirt guys don't carry on like pork chops, that's the onroad princesses
Old 11-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This thread is literally everything that makes up Rctech. First reply is informative, fact based, and perfect. Thread should be over pretty much, right there.

Then from there it goes right off the deep end when the direct customers show up. The record didn't get broken, I think right now it's sitting at 4 posts. However, the guy recommending an outdoor tire for indoor carpet is CLASSIC. I love you guys, I love this place. You make my signature even more true.

A level headed response is what was given in the first post.

"We can't make a choice for you, because we don't race at your local track, you need to speak with the locals."

At what point was an outdoor tire recommended for indoor carpet. Oh yeah the proline suburb and slick.....
Old 11-25-2015, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

It's not unusual for dual use carpet/ozite tracks to not allow pin or spike tires. The onroad guys are concerned about the pins pulling up carpet threads. Some will allow bar type tires.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ashamed? Not even a little! In bold. The fact that the OP has posted letting us all know he's running on carpet validates my whole point even more. It doesn't matter if someone is bashing, practicing, racing, or whatever. You CAN NOT give a valid, relevant tire recommendation without knowing what surface they're running on, period. Your buddies post was USELESS to the OP and had ZERO value.

If a guy in Texas asks what tires he should put on his full size truck (with ONLY him knowing that it will never leave the pavement). Should I suggest he buy a set of deep lug all terrain tires simply because where I live they work/are needed this time of year?? Ya, didn't think so
Are you stupid?

yes.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bsmed
thecman was correct. I was originally asking for a good practice tire to get used to the buggy. I looked more into what the track I would be able to run at requires. It is a 17.5 track on high bite carpet. Suburbs or slicks is what they say are tires you have to run. Any front tire is allowed. Seeing that helps me with my rear tire choice. Front tires is my issue now. I see people say ribs are run upfront. What exactly are those? Sorry for all the questions just new and wanting to learn.
Originally Posted by tony2
It's very clear that you have no idea what your talking about.

You are happy for someone to run a dirt tire on a carpet track. Suburb or slick? Yep I would rather in impact for sure, but more so a Schumacher mini pin.

Can you confirm if you have raced in Australia? Since you like I assuming I will do the same and say no. So please let me know since you have no idea what racing is like here how can you speculate that the info I have provide is not valid?

Clearly you don't race off-road much. Cause dirt guys don't carry on like pork chops, that's the onroad princesses
It doesn't even pay to try and explain anything to you. Thread done.

If the OP has further questions there are several people in this thread that I'm sure would help if he contacts them.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Painy
Are you stupid?

yes.
Are you suspended?

yes
Old 11-26-2015, 08:41 PM
Tech Lord