Wiki Posts
Search

2015 IFMAR World Championships in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
I don't count Ty out by any means and wheeler should be a better class for him, as he has more time on that car. The question for me is how well will the HB wheeler do on Astro. Right now I think it could easily go either way, though I expect to see him much higher than he was in 2wd.

I'm interested in what the wheeler side will bring in the form of new cars or new parts for existing cars and how well those perform.
I think the Japanese teams are on a mission in 4 wheel, so I would expect to see Kyosho and Yokomo to show much better in wheeler.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

don't know why those guys never caught on... but it seemed like spencer was the only one going double-double into the 5-spice section. everyone else double singled-singled-singled.

the great equalizer seems to be the jumps/obsticles. Unlike the EOS tracks where there is only 1 or 2 jumps there wasn't a single lane (except for the straightawya) that didn't have a jump, roller, or something in the way. US guys know how to fly a car in the air... can't say the Euros do or not but that seemed to be the difference maker a la Neil Cragg and the table top.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are there any details of exactly what car the associated guys were running? Or was that kept secret?
Old 10-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott_g
Good write up from Teufel Racing.

From where I saw it (through the computer screen like most of us...hahaha) it looked like Rivkin's speed through the stutter bumps was what won the worlds. You could see it in A1 when he chased down Tebo early (before crashing) - and made most of that ground in that section of the track. He was dynamite there (going double-double-single as against Tebo's single-double-single-single), and forced Tebo to push super hard everywhere else (I think leading to mistakes).

Just for fun, and from a distance, here's my read on the event: http://www.actionrc.com.au/?p=10461

Thanks for the kinda words as well,
I read yours and it's a very good read too. Well done sir.

The only thing I didn't say much on for A1, is I thought Tebo may have driven just a touch too much on the safe side while getting the win. His pace up to that point was a bit faster, just not as clean. So I would think his approach may have been to do just enough to get the win without making mistakes, even if that meant giving up a little to Rivkin, Cav, and Cragg. That way you have a solid A1 to build off of and then maybe push harder in A2 or A3 if need be. Which of course did not play out very well.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott_g
Good write up from Teufel Racing.

From where I saw it (through the computer screen like most of us...hahaha) it looked like Rivkin's speed through the stutter bumps was what won the worlds. You could see it in A1 when he chased down Tebo early (before crashing) - and made most of that ground in that section of the track. He was dynamite there (going double-double-single as against Tebo's single-double-single-single), and forced Tebo to push super hard everywhere else (I think leading to mistakes).

Just for fun, and from a distance, here's my read on the event: http://www.actionrc.com.au/?p=10461
Yep, I posted about that after heat #1 - Rivkin wasn't doing it either but plenty of other drivers were and making up really good time. Then Rivkin started doing it in the mains. I think it made ALL the difference.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rasheed
Are there any details of exactly what car the associated guys were running? Or was that kept secret?
No body off shots (at least not yet). Although it is a modified B5M that has been very well optimized for astro.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There were no HobbyWing ESCs in the Top 10.

Were there any racers using a HobbyWing ESC. Is so what was the best placing?

Is there a list anywhere of the Final results with what they raced. I've only found the Top 10 list with Buggy, ESC and Motor brands.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkracer24
don't know why those guys never caught on... but it seemed like spencer was the only one going double-double into the 5-spice section. everyone else double singled-singled-singled.

the great equalizer seems to be the jumps/obsticles. Unlike the EOS tracks where there is only 1 or 2 jumps there wasn't a single lane (except for the straightawya) that didn't have a jump, roller, or something in the way. US guys know how to fly a car in the air... can't say the Euros do or not but that seemed to be the difference maker a la Neil Cragg and the table top.
I think I saw Nuemann do it the one time he was actually in frame in the RedRC videos. But yeah, that seemed to be a huge advantage for him.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by El Nitro
There were no HobbyWing ESCs in the Top 10.

Were there any racers using a HobbyWing ESC. Is so what was the best placing?

Is there a list anywhere of the Final results with what they raced. I've only found the Top 10 list with Buggy, ESC and Motor brands.
Imo, a rebadged Hobbywing is still a Hobbywing.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean B.
Imo, a rebadged Hobbywing is still a Hobbywing.
Orion for 1?
Old 10-07-2015, 05:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
I'm curious to see if the 4wd track includes the "5 spice" strips all the way around the corner as originally drawn, or if the drivers get their way and have them eliminated.
I saw a video of the track last night. The 5 spice starts right after the first part of the corner then carries all the through the exit.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rasheed
I think it is a variation of the Red B5M low rider conversion, this is not a top team car but very similar. I think the top guys ran a rear shock as well.

This is his new 3 gear which was used in Japan:

Old 10-07-2015, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Oh and Tebo's car is a Red conversion as well.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Tebo car is Red and Rudebits inspired, but the parts are Kyosho.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gayosaka
Tebo car is Red and Rudebits inspired, but the parts are Kyosho.
I am sure you are correct. Nice to see the Red logo on the car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.