Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

BZ-444 Pro from Hobbyking

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by budwade
Xray spur did not work. Its to thin and will not tighten down enough to keep it for slipping
Bummer. I have a friend that tried an Associated spur gear with the same exact result. It is too thin. I really hope someone finds a readily available spur gear that works.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by budwade
Xray spur did not work. Its to thin and will not tighten down enough to keep it for slipping
What holds the pressure pad back and stops it from trapping the spur?

EDIT:
Does the original look like this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-S...055&rmvSB=true

So is the nut just running out of thread? In which case a washer may help.

Last edited by Clive; 03-15-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes, it is exacty the slipper for TR04/TC04/BZ444/pro. Edit : at this price it is cheaper than HK. Edit 2 : i just see that this seller sell a BZ444 pro as spares : http://stores.ebay.fr/autobot30/Radi...sub=9487817015 ^^, good to make money.

I think that eurorc will have spur available soon, they have team C spares back in stock quite frequently.

I don't have issues with my slipper. I use hard thread lock, red, and it never become too loose. I'm even able to block it totaly, but it isn't advised.

Last edited by Jym73; 03-15-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:26 PM
Tech Initiate

I just ask for spur gear to eurorc, few minutes after i have this answer :

Originally Posted by Axel from Eurorc
we have ordered the TU0435 and we should have them at the end of next week.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sacmiata
evohobbies, hobbyking, asiatees, amazon - all these are out of stock for both the TR4017 as well as the T04007. Actually wasnt to pick up some towers and other spares all at once as well if possible.

tcmodels in china and walter R/C in Australia have the parts but shipping is expensive

ebay (some in the UK/Italy) but shipping was about 20 as well

When I bought my TC02 Evo i bought spares towers/arms. I have never broke anything on that buggy!!! wicked reliable and is a great rear motor buggy. Seems like they keep stock on that buggy alittle better as well at evo
hobbies

If anyone knows anywhere else in the states to get team c parts I would like to check.

EvoHobbies has more on the way, should be in tomorrow. I'll see how many extra I have that are unsold and give you an update.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223681

A lot of good information.

BZ444 :

- Stick battery
- Ball diff.
- Direct spur gear.
- Turnbuckle must be remove to adjust them.
- Center dog bone on nylon drive cup.

BZ444 pro :

- Saddle battery.
- Gear diff.
- Slipper.
- Few alluminum upgrade.
- Adjustable turnbuckle.
- Center CVD on steel drive cup.

Hopefully hobbyking builds up there parts inventory as it looks like even Evo hobbies isn't carrying much for these buggies right now. That's my only concern is getting parts in the future. I haven't broke or worn out a single part on my tc02 so I am hoping that holds true with this buggy as well.
Hopefully the parts issue will clear up soon...
Old 03-15-2016, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

good to hear on the parts. I just bought a handful of arms but still want some spare towers so will keep an eye out.

To bad on the X-ray spur gear. I really need a 78 tooth or so for a 13.5. Maybe I just need to get a 10.5 and the 85 tooth!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doachs
Man, HobbyKing is missing out on a ton of sales by not having these parts in stock anywhere. I wish there was a way for us to let them know how much interest there was in these out of stock parts
We know... working on it.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

To bad on the X-ray spur gear. I really need a 78 tooth or so for a 13.5. Maybe I just need to get a 10.5 and the 85 tooth!
Can someone please explain why the X-Ray spur didn't work?

I've looked at the photographs and the only effect of the spur being thinner would appear to be that the nut runs out of thread.

So fit a longer spring or put a spacer at one end of the spring or the other! Another nut would do it.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TrackStar3
Any ETA on stuff? Parts in the local USA warehouses? CF Towers? Pro Wheels? I could keep going on
Old 03-17-2016, 08:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Hope it will change soon. I own a BZ444 since august 2015 and almost nothing have been back in stock since. I have maybe do the mistake to buy a Rattler, same story. And for the RZ4 i see that parts who are out of stock are directly discontinued and now there is a RZ4 V2??? Without all parts available???
Old 03-18-2016, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Got my arms in and on. The tr parts are alittle softer then the pro parts but that might not be a bad thing for hitting the pipes.

I also put a 78 tooth associated gear on and will try it at the track next week. I reamed the middle slightly and glued two pads together and put them on one side and no pads on the other. Will see how it works, friction feels good and will probably run on te tight side with just the 13.5. Won't be suprised if it doesn't!
Old 03-19-2016, 12:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

RW Racing makes spurs for the car. I have 3 of them. best spur I've used

Jeff, Can you get your hands on these?
Old 03-20-2016, 02:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

I also put a 78 tooth associated gear on and will try it at the track next week. I reamed the middle slightly and glued two pads together and put them on one side and no pads on the other. Will see how it works, friction feels good and will probably run on te tight side with just the 13.5. Won't be suprised if it doesn't!
I'm puzzled, as moving a pad from one side to the other doesn't make the slipper assembly any thicker.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Clive
Can someone please explain why the X-Ray spur didn't work?

I've looked at the photographs and the only effect of the spur being thinner would appear to be that the nut runs out of thread.

So fit a longer spring or put a spacer at one end of the spring or the other! Another nut would do it.
I put a spacer on the spring but the problem is the two hubs on either side have a lip that holds the spur gear and they meet when fully tightened which still lets it spin freely

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.