Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dex410 gearing and basic help

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Dex410 gearing and basic help

Ok, so for years I have been running with my kids, having a blast, last few years in the short course classes like everyone else. About a year ago I started having health issues, and things aren't looking good so I made some changes in case things don't get better. About a week ago, a local guy basically handed me a dex410, it was built but never run, I'm not even sure what version it is. It's got a lot of the much needed upgrades, weights, aluminum goodies, ect, ect. I normally run castle systems, but sold my things to fund my 8 year son's ventures, and to spend time watching and teaching while I still can. So this car, which I like also came with 2 unused smc saddle lipos, a savox servo, and I suppose now to my point, a unused turnigy trackstar 80a 4 pole 3250 brushless combo, which if my math is correct, is a about 10 or 10.5 tums. I'm not familiar with the combo, but, I'm gonna use it, and it did come with a programming box. So what should I gear it? Stock spur, I believe an 87, but I don't need to be fast, I'm looking for a good pinion combo for torque and still have some speed with running excessive heat issues. I understand it'll have more torque being a 4 pole motor and lower kv rating, but what would a good balance be on a 5000mah 2s saddle lipo, 30c, 60c burst? Any help would be appreciated, I don't have intentions of running it like I used to, just when I feel well enough at club level, and on our track, while separating his and my class to focus on him.
Thanks for anyone's input, I just need a body and wing and some advise and I'm good to go hopefully
Old 08-06-2015, 03:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...gy-thread.html