Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Team Associated SC5M Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WRXnItUp
I just sent them an email. Thanks for the information, I will post what I can find out.
So I have quick response from Nick W. and a reply saying it will be a running change, there will not be a new part number, and once the new axles are in, they will replace the long ones that I have.

He also mentioned they will replace the rear hexes that were very easily stripped.

It's always nice to receive great customer support... Thanks Nick W./AE!
Old 11-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Tech Initiate

So I have quick response from Nick W. and a reply saying it will be a running change, there will not be a new part number, and once the new axles are in, they will replace the long ones that I have.

He also mentioned they will replace the rear hexes that were very easily stripped.

It's always nice to receive great customer support... Thanks Nick W./AE!
Excellent job WRXnItUp! Yeah, they admitted their screw up and will be fixing it; that is a characteristic of a good manufacturer. I look forward to getting my new axles. Thanks for emailing them and following up WRX. I get to take out my SC5M for the first time Saturday, looking forward to it! You like yours? Easy to drive/tune?
Old 11-19-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by copter58
Excellent job WRXnItUp! Yeah, they admitted their screw up and will be fixing it; that is a characteristic of a good manufacturer. I look forward to getting my new axles. Thanks for emailing them and following up WRX. I get to take out my SC5M for the first time Saturday, looking forward to it! You like yours? Easy to drive/tune?
I do like mine, I placed 3rd in the A the first time I ran it on some well broken in 0 offset tires, the only change I made to the truck was to run the heavier springs up front. The second time I raced, I ran some newly mounted +3 offset rims and things were a bit shaky early on. I ended up 7th in the A, going over the truck I found another issue with the ESC, so hoping the tires and settings will be setup for the next time out.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottysspeedsho
Has anyone tried a inline shorty set up yet ?
Originally Posted by Bdawg01
I use a shorty in line pushed all the way forward for carpet. Works really well. With all the grip this helps get the front end planted.
In line??? Long ways front to rear or side to side.

IF f/r how did you mod the chassis to fit. <<<< Pictures would help!!!!!
Old 11-19-2015, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmail55
In line??? Long ways front to rear or side to side.

IF f/r how did you mod the chassis to fit. <<<< Pictures would help!!!!!
Yes, inline means front to rear. You have to cut the center out between the battery posts and the battery fits through there.

Google picture.

Some even move the ESC behind the battery. Search google for B5M inline and you will find plenty of pictures.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

which rear aluminum clamping hexes are you guys using? want to put +3mm offset wheels on this car. thanks
Old 11-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks!!!!

That was what I was thinking.

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
Yes, inline means front to rear. You have to cut the center out between the battery posts and the battery fits through there.

Google picture.

Some even move the ESC behind the battery. Search google for B5M inline and you will find plenty of pictures.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eaglesrx
which rear aluminum clamping hexes are you guys using? want to put +3mm offset wheels on this car. thanks
None. Plastic ones are doing me just fine. NEVER pulled a hex off with a wheel.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Eaglesrx
You can use the 8.5mm hex with the +3mm wheels
Old 11-20-2015, 05:07 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'd have to agree on the hexes. I'm still running the stockers on both my B5M and SC5M. There are much more useful things to spend your money on (tires and practice time come to mind).
Old 11-20-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Initiate

I do like mine, I placed 3rd in the A the first time I ran it on some well broken in 0 offset tires, the only change I made to the truck was to run the heavier springs up front. The second time I raced, I ran some newly mounted +3 offset rims and things were a bit shaky early on. I ended up 7th in the A, going over the truck I found another issue with the ESC, so hoping the tires and settings will be setup for the next time out.
WRX,

I'm assuming that you used Grey springs up front as that seems to be the consensus on this forum. Yeah, those ESC settings and radio settings as well can get you or if they are tuned correctly will make any vehicle handle better. I always use some postive Expo on my throttle to act as some traction control, soften up the trigger a bit, less spin outs. Let me know how you do and I'll let you know how I do this weekend. I have set up my ESC and radio the best i can off track.

Jeff
Old 11-20-2015, 07:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Something else to be aware of with the 71013 axles

I discovered this last night as I installed my 71013 and my 6.0mm hexes and I sent this email today. so rather than re-explain, please read my email below:

Nick,

I installed the #71013 last night with my 6.0mm hexes and used some old SC10 axle shims to take up the space (used two on each side). One thing I did notice and want to bring to your attention as I am unsure if you know or not is that the threads are wrong as well. I was not able to use my 7mm wheel nut that came with my SC5M. I ended up having to use my old SC10 wheel nuts. I just wanted to make you aware if you didn’t already know that the threads are different (on the 71013 axles) than the stock thread pitch on the stock SC5M axles. Thanks for your fast response on my previous question. Have a good day.

V/R

Jeff McCoy
Old 11-20-2015, 08:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by copter58
I discovered this last night as I installed my 71013 and my 6.0mm hexes and I sent this email today. so rather than re-explain, please read my email below:

Nick,

I installed the #71013 last night with my 6.0mm hexes and used some old SC10 axle shims to take up the space (used two on each side). One thing I did notice and want to bring to your attention as I am unsure if you know or not is that the threads are wrong as well. I was not able to use my 7mm wheel nut that came with my SC5M. I ended up having to use my old SC10 wheel nuts. I just wanted to make you aware if you didn’t already know that the threads are different (on the 71013 axles) than the stock thread pitch on the stock SC5M axles. Thanks for your fast response on my previous question. Have a good day.

V/R

Jeff McCoy
I had this issue with two sets of front axles. Nick replaced them both. I didn't even try a non metric nut, so I just assumed the threads were somehow malformed. But it makes more sense they were just cut with the wrong die.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How long until sc5mfl comes out
Old 11-22-2015, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

No need. put a shorty in it and it's near minimum already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.