JQ_Racing White Edition Ecar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JQ_Racing White Edition Ecar

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 04:24 AM
Tech Initiate

I finished my JQ eCar WE recently and am in process of tuning the setup for my local club track (medium size, low grip, small jumps, bumpy).
Before JQ I drove a Mugen MBX6 Tekno v4 conversion.

I like that the eCar is much more responsive to setup changes, and has much larger tuning window that the Mugen. Universals need much less care than CVD's and generally wear is minimal (none after 20 packs).
On the other side you HAVE to adjust your setup for each track individually, unlike Mugen where you can use the same setup on a lot of tracks.

Current problem for me is missing front end grip (lower than Mugen) on slow tight turns with high grip surface. I think it's because of universals on the front that cause shutter when wheels are fully turned. I want to mention that I'm "point and shoot" type of driver so "drifting through corners" is not my style. Can I fix the upper mentioned problem through setup changes or is a driving style change my only solution?
Old 10-27-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid
where does it bind for you? i think i have experienced that but could never explain it.
its not really binding, you know when the ball in the eyelet just runs out of angle, the "binding" is like the flexing of the plastic links, with the links lower and back in the bellcranks, it just free's travel.. i couldnt shim the ball ends to fix this, flipping them, trying other link balls... no matter what, id end up with bump steer...minimal, but it bothered me... with the long link/top plate swap, it just worked nice together with the white geometry

hey chris, i tried all 3 sets of holes on the plate, and the steering feel was never a problem, it was the bump steer that was getting to me... but going to the old setup, with the old top plate feels different..and i really like it!! just made my car feel dialed

Last edited by the wrench; 10-27-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Initiate

I have the original e car, I want to know what the white e car has to offer? Upgrade list or must haves?
Old 10-28-2015, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by core_zero
I finished my JQ eCar WE recently and am in process of tuning the setup for my local club track (medium size, low grip, small jumps, bumpy).
Before JQ I drove a Mugen MBX6 Tekno v4 conversion.

I like that the eCar is much more responsive to setup changes, and has much larger tuning window that the Mugen. Universals need much less care than CVD's and generally wear is minimal (none after 20 packs).
On the other side you HAVE to adjust your setup for each track individually, unlike Mugen where you can use the same setup on a lot of tracks.

Current problem for me is missing front end grip (lower than Mugen) on slow tight turns with high grip surface. I think it's because of universals on the front that cause shutter when wheels are fully turned. I want to mention that I'm "point and shoot" type of driver so "drifting through corners" is not my style. Can I fix the upper mentioned problem through setup changes or is a driving style change my only solution?
Well we need more info. Like...pistion, spring, shock oil, diff oil, shock position, front links, and sway bar. Tires?
Also you say missing front end grip. How do u mean? Is the car pushing in the corner? Breaking traction? Do you want on or off power steering?
Old 10-28-2015, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarsDad
I have the original e car, I want to know what the white e car has to offer? Upgrade list or must haves?
Bigger shocks with long arms for stability and smoothness. More tuning options in regards to the rear end. The YE is way more aggressive then the WE in terms of steering. Feels good but I felt the car was always on edge.
No necessary up grades but there are a few options you might want to have on hand. 7x1.3 pistons, grey springs, sway bars and pinions which you probably have.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Are the bigger shocks necessary? I can buy the longer arms separate, correct? I run on a high bite indoor clay track. Looking for a Setup sheet for my e car (no WE car) is everything a direct swap from e car to WE Car I can add as I go? I picked it up with a whole bunch of spades for $125 bucks
Old 10-28-2015, 04:00 PM
Tech Initiate

What can you tell me? Is it all stock? I'm new to JQ and 1/8 scale.
Attached Thumbnails JQ_Racing White Edition Ecar-image.jpg  
Old 10-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

What can you tell me? Is it all stock? I'm new to JQ and 1/8 scale.
seems to me your missing a driveshaft
Old 10-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by the wrench
seems to me your missing a driveshaft

I have two brand new ones. The one that came with it was bent too hell. What about chassis wear, what is too much?
Old 10-28-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Are these the new shocks?
Old 10-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Are these the new shocks?
Missed the upload button 😃
Attached Thumbnails JQ_Racing White Edition Ecar-image.jpg  
Old 10-28-2015, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

I have two brand new ones. The one that came with it was bent too hell. What about chassis wear, what is too much?
when it looks like the tops of the shock towers are touching each other, you might want to replace....
Old 10-28-2015, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Missed the upload button 😃
those are the yellow edition shocks, 15mm pistons... basically, you have the first version ebuggy... i still run mine, along with the white... tricky to dial in, but such a good, strong car...
Old 10-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking

Originally Posted by the wrench
when it looks like the tops of the shock towers are touching each other, you might want to replace....
Can you elaborate alittle more? Shock towers touching each other?
Old 10-28-2015, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Can you elaborate alittle more? Shock towers touching each other?
exactly, you can tell because the screw fluids get low...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.