Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What are the top 1/8 ebuggies on the market today? >

What are the top 1/8 ebuggies on the market today?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the top 1/8 ebuggies on the market today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I drove Mugen last year and the year prior. I broke one arm on my X6 Eco. And trust me, it deserved to break. I was screwing around and hit a 4x4 would piece flush on the arm going full tilt.

SWorkz needed Drake or another top flight design / test guy so that Hara could go full race mode. He needs to win so people take the car seriously. I'm still reserving judgment on his deal with them because odds are that anything he's doing in testing and development is still a year away from being a reality. Judge him after the next worlds.

But like everyone said, just get out there and wheel something. Chances are you'll own more than one ebuggy before you are happy
Old 02-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

XB8E and you won't need many spare parts. Never had a DNF in 5 yrs nitro or electric running XRAY. I like many others have seen Mugens and Associated have more DNFs than I can count.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by USMC STONE 1
XB8E and you won't need many spare parts. Never had a DNF in 5 yrs nitro or electric running XRAY. I like many others have seen Mugens and Associated have more DNFs than I can count.

Sure its not the drivers breaking them
Old 02-26-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Sure its not the drivers breaking them
I've seen enough A main guys have same issue, so I would not say it's always the driver. Pretty obvious when you see it so many times, this would have been more the MBX 6 than the new 7.
Associated is by far the worst of the major brands but it's an old car so maybe the newer one will be more durable. Just an observation at big state races and ROAR races not just local club racing.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boostgod
Any love on the Sworks buggy?

Its just as good as the others mentioned and for the price you could almost buy 2 compared to the price of the others. It has its own thread if need more info on it.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:17 PM
Tech Prophet

The only thing with the SWorkz is why is Amain hobbies only have the parts for it ?
Old 02-26-2015, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Stig US
That has nothing to do with it. I have over 20 vehicles ready to run at all times. I have several 4s packs and 6s packs. I have run 6s 3250 pack with 1400kv and a lot of limiter in my TEKNO, this was faster, but the car simply breaks a lot of parts. Anyone who has had a DNF knows that is the worst reason to lose a race. Traffic can be a B!#*^!
That was directed at the op not you. He wanted a buggy that he can use 2s packs in.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcgod
That was directed at the op not you. He wanted a buggy that he can use 2s packs in.
Whats wrong with 2x2s packs in regular 4s tray?
Old 02-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

I think the Sworkz buggies are the most underrated cars out there. You would not be disappointed with one of them.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vandalzzz
Whats wrong with 2x2s packs in regular 4s tray?
Nothing. Don't you guys read the posts before you respond? I SAID HE SHOULDN'T LET THE FACT THAT HE ONLY HAS 2S PACKS MAKE THE DECISION OF WHAT CAR TO BUY. HE CAN USE 2S PACKS IN A SINGLE 4S PACK CAR.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am trying to figure out you price range. Guessing you know by now that the kit cost is nothing in the overall picture. I like buying lightly used ones though to kill 30-40% of the initial cost
Old 02-26-2015, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I apparently can't spell...or race...I guess this mess is over for me. Forgot to mention...see what your local guys use. Since you're new...it'll be nice to copy their set-ups as a baseline. If that doesn't matter...I'm a big fan of Kyoshos. Losi was nice too...felt smoother to me...and the Kyosho feels rougher with more "attack".
Old 02-26-2015, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I have to give another vote for the Tekno. Great car, very durable, constantly being improved even though it is already great, shares lots of parts with the SCT, (especially the option parts), amazing support from the company, and you already know how easy the kits are to build.

As has also been stated here, several folks run 2x2s packs in the 4s tray of the Tekno without issue. eBuggy is awesome, and a whole new level of power and in air control. Have fun!
Old 02-27-2015, 12:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm pretty much down to a used eb48.2 or the Sworks.

The price on the sworkz and the quality of the build make it appealing.
The eb48 is appealing for the reasons listed above.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys,

First off thanks to the OP for making this thread I was going to make one like it. I am looking for some advice for a RTR buggy. I have been thinking about the new 8IGHT 3.0, Vorza, or the ARRMA Typhon. Any advice you can offer on any of them would be greatly appreciated and I am open to new suggestions as well.

Thanks