Winter/Spring thoughts on Mid Motor vs. Rear Motor for outdoor summer racing >

Winter/Spring thoughts on Mid Motor vs. Rear Motor for outdoor summer racing

Winter/Spring thoughts on Mid Motor vs. Rear Motor for outdoor summer racing

Old 02-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gooba
wow you guys derailed a thread into an argument in 12 posts good job
Thank you for your meaningful contribution.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think for the most part people will stick MM, possibly have to set it up for some more forward traction and maybe take some steering out of it? Hard to say until we get there. Interested to see where this thread will go once we are actually able to get outside
Old 02-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

anyways yes i think a mid motor can be faster if you know how to tune a car for slick track... if you dont think what i wrote is right just try it for yourself before you say it's wrong. also keep in mind you need to know what make a car slide up the turn(rotate) vs push up the turn(grip).
Old 02-25-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Chad due and a couple other AE guys were at my local outdoor track last summer for our end of season shootout and were running mid motor centro b4s and did extremely well as did a couple guys running 22s. With most tracks really stepping up their outdoor programs and track prep I think your going to see mid motor cars compete very well with the RM cars unless your on a super loose track.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

I was actually thinking about this last night. I think I'm going to leave my 22 2.0 in MM and see how it works out. I believe my indoor track will be open this spring/summer so I'm hoping that the MM configuration will work on the local outdoor track. Even if I just have to make minor adjustments between tracks would still be better than switching configurations...OR...I could buy another buggy but I don't see that happening soon