Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Servo Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Tech Rookie

haha. i was just busting your chops mang.
i have an order to place with amain anyway so i may as well get as much as i can as i'm sure shipping to s'toon isn't exactly cheap
Old 02-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm in Regina and order from Amain quite a bit. Super saver shipping is cheap and not too terrible for waiting time.

If you want fast shipping and still save $$$, HobbyKing sells Trackstar and BlueBird servo's, both of which I've had in a couple cars. Best value for servos......ever.

Last order (ESC + motor) I made on a Friday and got here on the following Monday.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Tech Rookie

for sure. i got advice on considering a rcomg D3-ST-BF30S but the specs make me think it might be excessively fast and it's off the charts for torque. basically i'm just more concerned with having something that has great build quality, can take some water and will out preform the stock traxxas 2075 which i found a little on the slow side.
i keep going back to savox servos but they're notoriously power hungry, loud and have a tough time playing nice with anything that doesn't have a strong internal bec.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Who recommended that servo? 1st off, its more or less designed for crawlers or maybe 1/8 MT's and its just a tad over the top for torque (450 oz/in @ 7.4V)....not to mention $140.

If you want a waterproof servo, theres not a lot of selection....but if you can waterproof your choice of servo, that would give you a lot more to choose from.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu4muQWNwxM

Or just get that Outerwears and no more worries.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Tech Rookie

yea, not to worry. once i saw the specs on that thing it scared me off. my brother uses and outerwears and is very happy with it.
in the end i ordered a tekno big bone center driveshaft, another stock chassis, and a savox with a spectrum cap from amain. for piece of mind i just went with what i've seen a lot of and will report back how everything worked out.