Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Are you rolling the car while checking ride height? Scrub can give you different heights if your pushing straight down without allowing the scrub to be absorbed...
Old 09-06-2015, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
Are you rolling the car while checking ride height? Scrub can give you different heights if your pushing straight down without allowing the scrub to be absorbed...
I drop the car from about nine inches and then measure the RH. Are you suggesting I drop/throw the car so that it rolls a bit after dropping?
Old 09-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I'm only saying it can change the rh. When we run slicks alot and sauce they can get real sticky and it's tough to nail actual rh on my glass setup board... you might be experiencing something similar.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
I checked and cleaned everything and nothing is bent or binding in the arms, links, and pins. The shocks have been cleaned and rings replaced. The shafts don't appear to be bent. I've even tried the shocks with sealed, emulsion, and also vented caps, but I still have the "settling" issue. I build the shocks with zero rebound using AE oil.

I'm starting to think that it could be the springs. If I rotate the springs around the shock without turning the collar or the perch, the RH can change by as much as 1.5mm. I'm using Core RC springs. Essentially, disturbing the shock at all has an effect on the RH.

Frustrated...
Have you been checking your rebound? If there not equal this could be effecting your RH issue's!
Old 09-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Badger5
Wish we could get those body shells in the UK. Really love the old school design,reminds me of the Topcat and original Cougar.
Well I am in the U.K. right now and I have one in my suitcase....
I am planning on a trip to MB Models to see if he's interested.
Otherwise, PM me if interested ;-)
Old 09-07-2015, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Have you thought about designing different body styles in a more modern design? There's zero after market body options available for the KF2 that I am aware of.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Have you thought about designing different body styles in a more modern design? There's zero after market body options available for the KF2 that I am aware of.
Maybe. I need to finish my KR body first. These are all hand made bucks and take a lot of work. I will have a think on it. I need to sell a few of my existing ones before I get into ones I wouldn't run myself.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by UNSTABLE
I need to sell a few of my existing ones before I get into ones I wouldn't run myself.
Does the KR fit the KF2?

What other designs do you have available?
Old 09-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Does the KR fit the KF2?

What other designs do you have available?
No, KR is very different chassis shape. My body for that is based on the original CAT. Otherwise I do one for the K1/Aero, but I am updating that one too.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why remove the two spider gears?
The idea is to remove some of the on-throttle sensitivity that the gear diff has vs the ball diff. This is what makes it feel like the car is over-rotating out of a corner. I am not sure about what removing the two gears will do in terms of durability in the long term, but mine is living behind a 17.5 so I am not too concerned.

With the testing I have done recently my average times and hot laps are about the same with both the gear diff and the ball diff. The car feels pretty similar with both using 6k minus two spider gears. I will try to run back to back gear diffs one with and without the two spider gears to really confirm what I think I am feeling with it set up this way.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

"NEW - Dual motor position in the kit, by changing to the included low grip top deck and belt, forward and rearward motor position can be achieved, giving 21mm shift. (Shorty LiPo required for low grip rearward option.)" Can anyone explain this? I can't find any photos of the motor "forward" vs "rearward".
Old 10-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Airlmeier4422
"NEW - Dual motor position in the kit, by changing to the included low grip top deck and belt, forward and rearward motor position can be achieved, giving 21mm shift. (Shorty LiPo required for low grip rearward option.)" Can anyone explain this? I can't find any photos of the motor "forward" vs "rearward".
Basically, the kit come with the parts to build it with the motor in the original position (like the original KF) or you can build it in the low grip configuration that moves the motor and trans assembly back 21mm.

When built in the original config, you can use a saddle pack battery, but if you build it in the low grip config, you need to use a shorty. The kit comes with all the parts to build it in either configuration.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Riverbluff
Basically, the kit come with the parts to build it with the motor in the original position (like the original KF) or you can build it in the low grip configuration that moves the motor and trans assembly back 21mm.

When built in the original config, you can use a saddle pack battery, but if you build it in the low grip config, you need to use a shorty. The kit comes with all the parts to build it in either configuration.
Thanks Riverbluff. Does any one know if the rear config will work with a track that has slight loam and med grip? Basically looking for a new buggy that can run outdoors and indoors..
Old 10-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airlmeier4422
Thanks Riverbluff. Does any one know if the rear config will work with a track that has slight loam and med grip? Basically looking for a new buggy that can run outdoors and indoors..
The KR is better for a Loamy track.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Does the KR do mid motor also?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.